Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
Sep 22, 2020 at 2:51 AM Post #1,951 of 2,668
Sep 22, 2020 at 5:00 AM Post #1,952 of 2,668
I just got this headphone and found out that the channels are reversed on the cable L is R and R is L. Anyone else have this issue? I'm wondering if it is affecting the sound.

Uhhh... I think I have this same problem. I always thought it was my amp!

Sep 22, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #1,954 of 2,668
Uhhh... I think I have this same problem. I always thought it was my amp!
My other set of headphones doesn't have this issue. Unless this headphone is special in some way that I don't know about it can't be my amp.
Send it back
yeah. I would hate to have to send it back just because of a bad cable though.

Sep 22, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #1,955 of 2,668
My other set of headphones doesn't have this issue. Unless this headphone is special in some way that I don't know about it can't be my amp.

yeah. I would hate to have to send it back just because of a bad cable though.
The cables you use for your other headphones, tried them with the Amiron? I can't see any reason it's the headphone itself. Never heard of this issue before and tested my 2nd Amiron Home and all fine. But... 3m cables are sad for portable and desktop usage, so Meze 99 1.2m cable works all fine.

Sep 22, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #1,956 of 2,668
The cables you use for your other headphones, tried them with the Amiron? I can't see any reason it's the headphone itself. Never heard of this issue before and tested my 2nd Amiron Home and all fine. But... 3m cables are sad for portable and desktop usage, so Meze 99 1.2m cable works all fine.

Different size connectors. Apart from that issue, here are my first impressions:

It's light and seems well built (maybe not $600 well built, but for $350 they are solid). I really like the headband, but I'm not fond of the ear pads. They are soft to the touch but they don't seem to have a lot of give when I wear them and I definitely feel them pressing on my jaw. The clamp force seems slightly higher than what I've been led to believe online. Sound wise the bass is nice and has solid speed/impact. The soundstage and imaging are good too. The problem I have is the mids and to a slightly lesser extent the highs do seem muddy/muted compared to my other set (Monoprice M570). I was expecting more clarity but these are supposed to be "easy listening" and they stay true to that I guess.

Sep 22, 2020 at 11:25 AM Post #1,957 of 2,668
Different size connectors. Apart from that issue, here are my first impressions:

It's light and seems well built (maybe not $600 well built, but for $350 they are solid). I really like the headband, but I'm not fond of the ear pads. They are soft to the touch but they don't seem to have a lot of give when I wear them and I definitely feel them pressing on my jaw. The clamp force seems slightly higher than what I've been led to believe online. Sound wise the bass is nice and has solid speed/impact. The soundstage and imaging are good too. The problem I have is the mids and to a slightly lesser extent the highs do seem muddy/muted compared to my other set (Monoprice M570). I was expecting more clarity but these are supposed to be "easy listening" and they stay true to that I guess.
Weird issue. And different size connectors? Even more strange but enlighten me a bit :p

You need time for the Amiron as the sound will improve. The clarity is easy to listen and no detail is lost. For the pads I use Geekria earpad covers to protect them and to improve the comfort.

Sep 22, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #1,958 of 2,668
Weird issue. And different size connectors? Even more strange but enlighten me a bit :p

You need time for the Amiron as the sound will improve. The clarity is easy to listen and no detail is lost. For the pads I use Geekria earpad covers to protect them and to improve the comfort.

2.5mm vs 3.5mm connectors, different size. I let them burn in for about 5 or so hours and didn't really hear any difference. I'll do the same today.

Sep 22, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #1,959 of 2,668
2.5mm vs 3.5mm connectors, different size. I let them burn in for about 5 or so hours and didn't really hear any difference. I'll do the same today.
Right, that explains it regarding the size connectors.

5 hours is not really long, needs to be atleast 3 days but do you use the Amiron while actually listening or let it burn on the desk for example?

Sep 22, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #1,960 of 2,668
Right, that explains it regarding the size connectors.

5 hours is not really long, needs to be atleast 3 days but do you use the Amiron while actually listening or let it burn on the desk for example?
I listened to them for a little while, let them burn in and then listened for about an hour after the fact. I never believed in burn in at all until I got the M570. Most of the headphones I've bought I've liked at first listen and they didn't really change, same for headphones I've disliked.

Sep 22, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #1,961 of 2,668
I listened to them for a little while, let them burn in and then listened for about an hour after the fact. I never believed in burn in at all until I got the M570. Most of the headphones I've bought I've liked at first listen and they didn't really change, same for headphones I've disliked.
Yeah, I get that. Perhaps it depends on which headphone? For example my DT880 keeps sounding the same while my Amiron Home improved. But I've been using it since January this year or December last year, can't remember exactly and I loved it immediatly right out of the box. The cinematic sounds is perfect for movies/series and gaming. And my T5p.2 really did improve over time and it has been one of my most favorites. Out of the box it sounded cold, bass was pretty weak, not really enjoyable and later, it has gotten much better after time.

Sep 23, 2020 at 9:52 PM Post #1,962 of 2,668
Anyone know where I can buy the Balanced DT 1990 pads for the Amiron Home. Tried searching and could not find any place selling these pads. Are there any other pads that can improve the bass as compared to the stock pads?

Sep 24, 2020 at 3:15 AM Post #1,963 of 2,668
Anyone know where I can buy the Balanced DT 1990 pads for the Amiron Home. Tried searching and could not find any place selling these pads. Are there any other pads that can improve the bass as compared to the stock pads?
The balanced pads won't make much change to the bass. Yes they'll give you a better seal and a slightly better sense of soundstage, but overall they don't change the sound that much. I bought mine from Amazon.

Sep 24, 2020 at 5:17 AM Post #1,964 of 2,668
The balanced pads won't make much change to the bass. Yes they'll give you a better seal and a slightly better sense of soundstage, but overall they don't change the sound that much. I bought mine from Amazon.

You've touted the analytical pads for Amiron, correct? Do you still feel that they provide a nice upgrade?

Sep 24, 2020 at 4:08 PM Post #1,965 of 2,668
You've touted the analytical pads for Amiron, correct? Do you still feel that they provide a nice upgrade?
I'm pretty certain it's the balanced pads I touted, not the analytical (I had to go back and check... Yes it's the balanced I use). The analytical don't sound good with the Amiron. The balanced don't make much of a difference to the sound, but they do make it slightly more spacious improving the soundstage slightly. They also provide a better seal, but oddly that doesn't affect the detail or bass (to my ears anyway). Finally, they look nicer, which is nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back