Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
Mar 14, 2019 at 11:25 PM Post #1,516 of 2,668
Has anyone improved upon the stock 3-metre cable supplied with the Amiron Home headphones, whilst retaining the excellent flexibility, tangle-free nature and long length?
I had an audio issue turn out my stock cable was shorting out, I sent it to an authorized service center, they advised me what the problem was and I asked for the Beyerdynamic
AUDIOPHILE CONNECTION CABLE, BALANCED, 1.40 M; they agreed, however, they had to order it from Germany which took around a month to arrive. I have that paired with the ES100 currently.

Mar 15, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #1,517 of 2,668
You're using the ES100 with AW? Why?

Also, wouldn't the V Moda cable work just fine?

Mar 15, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #1,518 of 2,668
Sorry, AH, not AW. My mistake. If anyone is interested in purchasing my Amiron Wireless, I ultimately don't need them. I like them a lot, but I only use BT at the gym, and they are not gym friendly due to the seat absorbent material and lack of isolation. They are great for TV and music at home or in the office, but I have the DT 1770 for that already when I need a closed can. PM if interested.

Mar 15, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #1,519 of 2,668
Just an update on the Oidio Pellucid Plus cable that I bought recently. After many hours of listening, I've gone back to the stock 3-metre cable for the Amiron Home. Firstly, the stock cable is less microphonic, softer, and more flexible than the Oidio. However, the real issue for me with the expensive Oidio cable is that it was too biased on treble, and the bass was somewhat subdued. The stock cable sounds more tonally balanced and the sound is just nicer to listen to.

I have to hand it to beyerdynamic: they've produced a masterpiece in the Amiron Home, down to an excellent cable.

Oh well, I guess I 'took one for the team' and it didn't work out. I'll keep the Oidio cable for one of my other headphones.

Mar 15, 2019 at 6:16 PM Post #1,520 of 2,668
Just an update on the Oidio Pellucid Plus cable that I bought recently. After many hours of listening, I've gone back to the stock 3-metre cable for the Amiron Home. Firstly, the stock cable is less microphonic, softer, and more flexible than the Oidio. However, the real issue for me with the expensive Oidio cable is that it was too biased on treble, and the bass was somewhat subdued. The stock cable sounds more tonally balanced and the sound is just nicer to listen to.

I have to hand it to beyerdynamic: they've produced a masterpiece in the Amiron Home, down to an excellent cable.

Oh well, I guess I 'took one for the team' and it didn't work out. I'll keep the Oidio cable for one of my other headphones.

Good to know.. Silver plated cables are generally more thin sounding. This is what I learned with my custom cable from from similarly price LQi cables. Copper wire was a bit more better for my Elears. I tend to use silver plated cable when using my LD MK2 amp.

Mar 18, 2019 at 3:05 AM Post #1,522 of 2,668
Last edited:
Mar 28, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #1,526 of 2,668
Does anyone know how to replace the pads?
They are different from the normal pads / normal attachement

I've recently re-bought the amiron home and found a slightly older pair with worn pads. Found new pads on amazon but I'm wondering on how to replace them.

Mar 28, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #1,527 of 2,668
Does anyone know how to replace the pads?
They are different from the normal pads / normal attachement

I've recently re-bought the amiron home and found a slightly older pair with worn pads. Found new pads on amazon but I'm wondering on how to replace them.

It’s the same mechanism as the DT 1990, just pull them off with the ring, thumb under the inside and finger nails at the base of the pad where it’s flush with the housing to pry them off. The Amiron Home has a double lip on the pads so it doesn’t feed through the notch as easy as the DT 1990 so I just put them on the ring themselves and snap it into the housing where the notch is. Would take pictures but at work right now.

The Amiron is really just one pleasant headphone to listen to, it doesn’t really do anything wrong or even stand out in any particular way. It’s a nice cohesive and transparent whole that can be listened to all day without issue and handles every genre of music and use well. It’s with extended and long term use that you realize just how good they are.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #1,528 of 2,668
I sold my amiron home's before to get a closed back pair (started with DT1770, ended with focal stellia :s). Compared to the focal stellia the amiron home is cheap in every possible way (except for the stock cable) but that is to be expected.
Still I wanted them back and am happy to have them back. These are just a bit more worn in and I'd like to start with a fresh pair of pads. Thank you for the tips @kman1211! I'm going to replace the pads tomorrow or during the weekend.

Mar 28, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #1,529 of 2,668
I sold my amiron home's before to get a closed back pair (started with DT1770, ended with focal stellia :s). Compared to the focal stellia the amiron home is cheap in every possible way (except for the stock cable) but that is to be expected.
Still I wanted them back and am happy to have them back. These are just a bit more worn in and I'd like to start with a fresh pair of pads. Thank you for the tips @kman1211! I'm going to replace the pads tomorrow or during the weekend.

How does the Focal Stellia sound? It’s a headphone I’m quite curious about. I’ve heard the Utopia and Elear a while ago and honestly the Focals I tried definitely feel more premium than the Amiron Home. No problem, the DT 1770 has the same pad mechanism too of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back