Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
Feb 9, 2018 at 9:32 AM Post #1,081 of 2,669
Open/ large / natural

You see, I am a soundstage addict, I love having music play around me, and narrow soundstages are one of the things I really dislike, to I am sensitive to it.

Amiron has a natural kind of soundstage, but since they are open back, it also feels natural, it isn't just natural, it is open natural, to it will sound large to most people

The fact that they are open back means that they convey the soundstage quite different when compared to what I was used to - which was closed back. Open back headphones are the way to go really, there's just no way around it, Beyerdynamic created one of the sweetest things there with Amiron :darthsmile:

Instrument separation is also different from what I was used to, like, Amiron doesn't cut instruments and doesn't sound separated, but you do hear every instrument, just playing together with everything, yet it is there. I need more time, and probably more burn-in, but they are really really sweet so far. \

They are also bloody beautiful!

Image taken from Twitter. Soruce https://twitter.com/audioheavenrev/status/960656774171897856

DVTvQ3kWkAUCrAf.jpg:large
And what amplifier and dac do you use ?

Feb 9, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #1,082 of 2,669
And what amplifier and dac do you use ?

He's using a iFi Micro iDSD BL, Fiio X7 II, iBasso DX200 and Audio Opus #2 (iBasso and Fiio have different amp modules). Just read back 2 pages in this thread, you can see what he's using.

707 posts on head-fi, nearly every one asking questions and making suggestions you haven't heard :D hurry up and buy something!

Feb 9, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #1,083 of 2,669
He's using a iFi Micro iDSD BL, Fiio X7 II, iBasso DX200 and Audio Opus #2 (iBasso and Fiio have different amp modules). Just read back 2 pages in this thread, you can see what he's using.

707 posts on head-fi, nearly every one asking questions and making suggestions you haven't heard :D hurry up and buy something!

You can also add that Opus #1s, it really pumps some sweet sound into Amiron! :darthsmile:

Those are not loud enough from my smartphone or tablet BTW, Amiron needs a bit of juice to sound good and to get loud enough for me :)

Feb 9, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #1,085 of 2,669
These do sound really good from my 300R but I do prefer it from the Magni 3 & Burson DAC combo, I think bc the M3 has so much power its a bit more effortless sound.

Feb 10, 2018 at 10:09 PM Post #1,090 of 2,669
Got a killer deal on an almost BNIB pair and I'm always curious to pad roll headphones, so a few days ago I took the stock pads off. Well, I didn't really find anything that sounded as good as the stock pads so I went to put them back on. Holy #$@#! I don't think I've ever had that hard of a time putting stock pads back on a headphone. I still can't get the right cup pad to completely seat right.

Feb 10, 2018 at 11:52 PM Post #1,091 of 2,669
I think these are my favorite headphones right now. I am trying out a bunch of new cans but I keep coming back to the Amiron Home as the best all-rounders.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #1,092 of 2,669
I think these are my favorite headphones right now. I am trying out a bunch of new cans but I keep coming back to the Amiron Home as the best all-rounders.

Hmm. I posted this accolade before I did a face-off between the Amiron Home, HE560, Aeon Flow Open, and HEXv2 (once the AFO and HEXv2 were fully burned in).

I would now rank them in this order: HEXv2>AFO>AH>HE560.

The AFO and the HEXv2 both have a larger soundstage than the Amiron or HE560. The Amiron sounds very compressed compared to the AFO and HEXv2. With the Amiron, the music is centered right in front of you. With the AFO, the music is right above your head. With the HEXv2, the music extends outward from your head in all directions.

The Amiron is still the most detailed of the three, with the AFO right behind it and the HEXv2 a little behind that.

The AFO is the most engaging headphone of the three. The Amiron is a little behind the AFO. The HEXv2 is the most laidback and less engaging than the AFO.

Maybe I'm a fickle Amiron enthusiast, but once I did these head-to-head comparisons, the Amiron is no longer my favorite. It's still a great all-rounder headphone and I will keep it in my collection.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #1,093 of 2,669
I am buying my Amiron Home in just a few days. Oh man, I cant wait for this headphone.

Edit: Thanks to kman1211 as well. It was his comparison review of the Amiron vs DT1990 that drove me to end up finally deciding to get the Amiron instead of the DT1990.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2018 at 9:43 PM Post #1,094 of 2,669
Hmm. I posted this accolade before I did a face-off between the Amiron Home, HE560, Aeon Flow Open, and HEXv2 (once the AFO and HEXv2 were fully burned in).

I would now rank them in this order: HEXv2>AFO>AH>HE560.

The AFO and the HEXv2 both have a larger soundstage than the Amiron or HE560. The Amiron sounds very compressed compared to the AFO and HEXv2. With the Amiron, the music is centered right in front of you. With the AFO, the music is right above your head. With the HEXv2, the music extends outward from your head in all directions.

The Amiron is still the most detailed of the three, with the AFO right behind it and the HEXv2 a little behind that.

The AFO is the most engaging headphone of the three. The Amiron is a little behind the AFO. The HEXv2 is the most laidback and less engaging than the AFO.

Maybe I'm a fickle Amiron enthusiast, but once I did these head-to-head comparisons, the Amiron is no longer my favorite. It's still a great all-rounder headphone and I will keep it in my collection.

My experience is the Amiron really shows itself when you listen to it exclusively for a bit, the longer you listen to them the more you like them imho.

Feb 13, 2018 at 12:10 AM Post #1,095 of 2,669
I found the Amiron is just a better HP than the Hifiman he 560. Ever so often the he 560's treble would raise its ugly head and show its sibilance. The only thing I found I liked better about the he 560 was its body/feel around the bass with percussion instruments, there was just a great feel with drums. However that was just not enough for me to prefer the he 560 over the Amiron !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back