Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
Apr 18, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #1,606 of 2,668
Honestly most likely not, I already have a higher fidelity closed-back than the DT 1770, etc. and I have the Amiron Home. Anyways I'll be getting different brands of headphones next, only other Beyer I would consider is the T1.2, finally have a system I think will drive it fairly well.

Does that closed back you speak of have rectangular cups? Or have you found another better closed back like from Focal? I dug out a spare 200 ohm'r which was an emergency pair, but MINT, like 9.5/10 MINt but had some rattle. I blasted some 20-200hz track at max volume for an hour and it was working like a well oiled machine. Slapped some AR-H1 sheepskin pads on em. The only other closed I use is th610 for subbass, dt48 for checking other cans accuracy in mids. And I think like you the only other Beyer on mind is their flagship, but this HOME seems to rank higher by so many beyerheads, which makes me wonder if a t1.3 or t2 is in the works with their updated teslas. :D It's about time they do! and a tesla dt150

Apr 18, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #1,607 of 2,668
Does that closed back you speak of have rectangular cups? Or have you found another better closed back like from Focal? I dug out a spare 200 ohm'r which was an emergency pair, but MINT, like 9.5/10 MINt but had some rattle. I blasted some 20-200hz track at max volume for an hour and it was working like a well oiled machine. Slapped some AR-H1 sheepskin pads on em. The only other closed I use is th610 for subbass, dt48 for checking other cans accuracy in mids. And I think like you the only other Beyer on mind is their flagship, but this HOME seems to rank higher by so many beyerheads, which makes me wonder if a t1.3 or t2 is in the works with their updated teslas. :D It's about time they do! and a tesla dt150

Yes it does. Haven’t tried the closed Focals yet. I found the drivers on the DT 480 basically impossible to kill, it just gets louder and louder with zero distortion, though some sorbothane helps bring out the bass. Honestly only three/four Beyers interest me, the DT 48/480, the Amiron Home, and the T1. Everything else I heard from Beyer isn’t quite up to my current standards with extended listening. The T1.2 needs a good amp and dac moreso than the Amiron Home, but when well driven its better than the Amiron and it’s superior fidelity and refinement starts showing more. Newer T1.2’s are darker sounding in my experience then older ones, but it could be unit variability, the most recent one I heard was the darkest Tesla Beyer I’ve heard.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #1,609 of 2,668
If anyone is interested who does not yet own a pair, I'm letting mine go to fund some stuff. $460 shipped. Includes 4.4 balanced cable.

KK Cable F-HA Upgrade Audio Cable Replacement Compatible Earphone Cable Beyerdynamic T1 II, T5 Headphone. 4.4mm Plug, Audio Upgrade Cable. (4.9ft/1.5M) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FL4BD7Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ZGZUCb413KYBK

May 19, 2019 at 8:48 PM Post #1,611 of 2,668
They are very different sounding headphones. The Amiron has more sub bass, and more mid bass. Imaging, soundstage, and the revealing of small details within music are all superior on the Amiron. The T90 is also piercing in the mid treble. The Amiron is not bright or fatiguing in the upper frequencies at all.

Jun 29, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #1,613 of 2,668
I'm not an expert, but I tried amiron and dt1990 and decidedly chose amiron.
Amiron is simply more musical and pleasant than 1990, then it has that wonderful soundstage and those details that are never tiring.

Jun 29, 2019 at 3:55 PM Post #1,614 of 2,668
They are very different sounding headphones. The Amiron has more sub bass, and more mid bass. Imaging, soundstage, and the revealing of small details within music are all superior on the Amiron. The T90 is also piercing in the mid treble. The Amiron is not bright or fatiguing in the upper frequencies at all.
I agree with you, I hear more detail and soundstage on amiron than on dt1990, I don't understand why other people say that dt1990 is more detailed.

Jun 29, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #1,615 of 2,668
Be aware that I was talking about the T90, and not the DT 1990. The reason why people say the DT 1990 is more detailed than the Amiron though is because the DT 1990 is brighter in the treble. This will result in the listener perceiving the headphone as being more detailed. The Amiron Home is not bright at all, but it has the ability to produce every small detail that is present within recordings. You can hear clicks, pops, crackling, background instruments, and all kinds of minor details present in the music with the Amiron. It shows you everything that is there. It really is a special headphone for the price.

Jun 29, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #1,617 of 2,668
All I listen to is hard rock and heavy metal. I find the Amiron to be a perfect headphone for this type of music. Are you a fan of Evergrey ? They are a progressive metal band. Take a listen to the album "The Inner Circle". It is an excellently mastered CD. The detail and sound quality on the Amiron is amazing with that album.

Jun 29, 2019 at 11:11 PM Post #1,620 of 2,668
If anyone has both Amiron and DT 1770, try putting the XL round pads on and removing the foam. After doing this, I thought they were actually better than the Amiron. The Amiron had the open back width of course, but the clarity of the 1770 increased to the extent that I thought they sounded bad by comparison with the stock pads. I may end up buying the Amiron again. The comfort is great when lying in bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back