BeyerDynamic 100th Anniversary - 2024 Limited editions
Jul 25, 2023 at 12:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

alpha80

500+ Head-Fier
To celebrate 100years in business in 2024, I expect BeyerDynamic to release some special edition models of their most iconic headphones.

What will they look like ? Perhaps a diamond white ? A cool silvery platinum ? Polished or matte ? Remains to be seen!

I, for one, strongly encourage BeyerDynamic to do either white or palest silver models, with plentiful cold polished steel / Chrome accent pieces in areas of the following models which don’t receive tons of fingerprints:

DT-1990 Pro
Obvious studio flagship is obvious lol

DT-250
(yes it’s old but it’s an absolute studio workhorse and has been for my entire life, such a prominent vocal range and veiled highs so the vocal range and bass regions are most highlighted, perfect vocal tracking headphone along with Sony’s MDR-V6’s for those who prefer tracking with bright treble)

DT-700 X

DT-900 X

FREE BYRD

What other models do you think are an “absolute must” for these celebratory limited edition launches ?

Peace & blessings all !

Jul 26, 2023 at 12:55 AM Post #2 of 23
Talk about click bait...

Jul 26, 2023 at 1:36 AM Post #3 of 23
To celebrate 100years in business in 2024, I expect BeyerDynamic to release some special edition models of their most iconic headphones.

What will they look like ? Perhaps a diamond white ? A cool silvery platinum ? Polished or matte ? Remains to be seen!

I, for one, strongly encourage BeyerDynamic to do either white or palest silver models, with plentiful cold polished steel / Chrome accent pieces in areas of the following models which don’t receive tons of fingerprints:

DT-1990 Pro
Obvious studio flagship is obvious lol

DT-250
(yes it’s old but it’s an absolute studio workhorse and has been for my entire life, such a prominent vocal range and veiled highs so the vocal range and bass regions are most highlighted, perfect vocal tracking headphone along with Sony’s MDR-V6’s for those who prefer tracking with bright treble)

DT-700 X

DT-900 X

FREE BYRD

What other models do you think are an “absolute must” for these celebratory limited edition launches ?

Peace & blessings all !
Definitely the DT880 (600 ohm), with special copper/silver interwoven cable - sleeved with black silk + silver accents. There!

Jul 26, 2023 at 1:51 AM Post #4 of 23
While I know it's wishful thinking, I would love for them to release a new headphone that pays proper homage to the DT 48 their first headphone.

They're most likely to release some limited editions of the DT 700/900 Pro X and one or more of the Tesla's. There may be a new release of some sort too though.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2023 at 6:06 AM Post #5 of 23
Jul 26, 2023 at 11:02 PM Post #6 of 23
Beyerdynamic does those kind of things, I had the T90 Jubilee version which was just a chrome job or a regular one (had both at the same time and they sound identical). I'd be happy if they offered balanced removable cables on 250 or 600 ohm versions and get with the program. Apparently nobody at Beyerdynamic has ever run over one of their cables with a computer chair, or owns a puppy that's teething...

Jul 26, 2023 at 11:25 PM Post #7 of 23
Beyerdynamic does those kind of things, I had the T90 Jubilee version which was just a chrome job or a regular one (had both at the same time and they sound identical). I'd be happy if they offered balanced removable cables on 250 or 600 ohm versions and get with the program. Apparently nobody at Beyerdynamic has ever run over one of their cables with a computer chair, or owns a puppy that's teething...
Whats funny is Beyer actually is one of the first people on the market with detachable cables, the DT 100 came out in the 1960's and it has a detachable cable. Not sure if they will ever release the DT 880, 990, etc. with replaceable cables or balanced, don't think they will sadly. Only headphones they have that can be balanced stock is basically the Amiron Home, T1, and T5.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2023 at 2:04 AM Post #9 of 23
I own & love both the T90 Jubilee 90th Anniversary Chrome edition, as well as the 600ohm version of the DT990, limited chrome edition.

Sincerely hoping they wow us all this next year, with some truly gorgeous LE’s

Hopefully in bright white, bright platinum/silver, with plenty of chrome or highly polished stainless trims.

Anyone else have any specific styling preferences or model numbers they would absolutely love to see unveiled ?

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2023 at 5:24 AM Post #10 of 23
I hope they will release new flagship next year. They released 3rd generation of their Tesla flagships in 2021, but I must say they weren’t really what I was waiting for, so fingers crossed for some classic high-impedance Beyerdynamic flagships.

Dec 1, 2023 at 8:41 AM Post #11 of 23
fingers crossed for some classic high-impedance Beyerdynamic flagships

I've always wondered why there is no DT1880 ... would be awesome to see a 600ohm offering here.

Dec 1, 2023 at 9:01 AM Post #12 of 23
I've always wondered why there is no DT1880 ... would be awesome to see a 600ohm offering here.
Because honestly the DT 1990 Pro honestly sort of plays the role of both the DT 880 (analytical pads) and DT 990 (balanced pads). I would like to see the return of 600 Ohm on the Tesla’s or possibly a new driver altogether.

Dec 1, 2023 at 9:14 AM Post #14 of 23
I hope they will release new flagship next year. They released 3rd generation of their Tesla flagships in 2021, but I must say they weren’t really what I was waiting for, so fingers crossed for some classic high-impedance Beyerdynamic flagships.
They actually came out in August/September 2020, I know because I bought the T1 Gen 3 the day it was released. I would like to see the return of higher impedance flagships as well as even though the Gen 3’s scale nicely with gear they don’t have the same amp versatility and aren’t ideal for OTL’s anymore.

Dec 1, 2023 at 9:24 AM Post #15 of 23
They actually came out in August/September 2020, I know because I bought the T1 Gen 3 the day it was released. I would like to see the return of higher impedance flagships as well as even though the Gen 3’s scale nicely with gear they don’t have the same amp versatility and aren’t ideal for OTL’s anymore.
Given that their compatriots from Sennheiser went back to high impedance drivers (from 150Ohm in HD660S to 300Ohm in HD660S2) maybe they will take a hint that hi-end crowd crave this direction.

They have Pro crowd very happy with their mic refreshes, DT900X and DT700X, now it’s time to please audiophiles 😎

Users who are viewing this thread

Back