Beyerdinamic DT880 600Ohm problem
Jun 27, 2011 at 12:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Leiker535

Head-Fier
Hi guys, I received my DT880 this weekend, and I discovered a problem in the connection between cable, and headphone:

When I touch the cable the right speaker get muted, and if I put it in a certain position, both speakers works, but its so boring keep holding the cable...

Any solutions?

Jun 27, 2011 at 8:07 AM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
Hi guys, I received my DT880 this weekend, and I discovered a problem in the connection between cable, and headphone:

When I touch the cable the right speaker get muted, and if I put it in a certain position, both speakers works, but its so boring keep holding the cable...

Any solutions?

I had the exact same problem with my first pair of DT 990 Pro's that I purchased new from Amazon, I simply returned mine for an exchange and they were brilliant about it. They even send you the new item out before you return the faulty one without question, you simply have 30 days or something to return the faulty pair to avoid being charged for the new pair. 

You should be able to do something similar with your place of purchase, or go direct to manufacturer if you wish. 

Jun 27, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
I had the exact same problem with my first pair of DT 990 Pro's that I purchased new from Amazon, I simply returned mine for an exchange and they were brilliant about it. They even send you the new item out before you return the faulty one without question, you simply have 30 days or something to return the faulty pair to avoid being charged for the new pair. 

You should be able to do something similar with your place of purchase, or go direct to manufacturer if you wish. 

Them i just go to the return items in amazon, justify the cause and we're done? The problem is I live in Brazil, and to bring these with me I had to take them out of the original box.

I have the Beyerdinamic's bag, the beyerdinamic guarantee "book" and the amazon papers as well. There will be no problem if I send them in another box?

Jun 29, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
Them i just go to the return items in amazon, justify the cause and we're done? The problem is I live in Brazil, and to bring these with me I had to take them out of the original box.

I have the Beyerdinamic's bag, the beyerdinamic guarantee "book" and the amazon papers as well. There will be no problem if I send them in another box?

Perhaps not if you return them as faulty and use sufficient alternative box and packaging, but they may not accept if not in the original packaging. Which is why you should always keep your packaging for the first couple of months at least just in case something should go wrong then you have everything you need still to return the items with.

Give it a go though as you don't have much to lose. My pair legitimately had the problem you mentioned, but the end of the 3.5mm jack had snapped off also which was totally my own doing (frustration) and I got my new pair without question but I thought there's no way they're not going to charge me for them when they check the headphones I returned....but to my surprise they never billed me. So they either didn't check thoroughly or at all. Either way I was alright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back