beyer t70 & t70p NEW!
Nov 22, 2011 at 10:57 AM Post #316 of 623
how is the bass on the T70 compared to something like the shure 940 or maybe a 600 ohm 770?
and are the highs as harsh as say a 990?

im a big beyer fan and was thinking about saving for the T1 but this may be a nice stop along the way.

Nov 22, 2011 at 1:07 PM Post #317 of 623
It is not a stop along the way... they sound different... but it is an aproach... they tend to be bright, thats true but I like that instead of the dark sound of some others speacially sennheiser.

Nov 28, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #320 of 623

Quote:
They look pretty to me. I will keep my eyes on them.

I picked these up and they are very pretty.  Not too heavy and quite comfortable.  Clamping force is about right.  The padding feels like suede which is odd but they are comfy.  Very clear sounding headphones.  I think the bass has the perfect punch, not too much and not too little.  They definitely do not like low bit rate files.  Very clean sounding.  I can tell most of my other headphones have coloration compared to these.  Very happy with them within an hour into listening.  

Nov 29, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #321 of 623

Quote:
It is not a stop along the way... they sound different... but it is an aproach... they tend to be bright, thats true but I like that instead of the dark sound of some others speacially sennheiser.

Where did you get those clear headphones stands?

Nov 29, 2011 at 2:07 PM Post #322 of 623

Quote:
how is the bass on the T70 compared to something like the shure 940 or maybe a 600 ohm 770?
and are the highs as harsh as say a 990?

im a big beyer fan and was thinking about saving for the T1 but this may be a nice stop along the way.

There was some comparing in Headfonias T70 review I think

Nov 29, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #323 of 623
*** Sorry the link is obsolete now ***

For any fan of the [size=small]SIEVEKING SOUND stand here something very close for much less. Here's the link from eBay[/size]

They also have the  clear plastic one.
Quote:

Where did you get those clear headphones stands?

Nov 30, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #324 of 623

For people who think it is manufactured by Sieveking itself, it isnt. 
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-HEADPHONE-HEADSET-DISPLAY-STAND-RACK-CLEAR-Acrylic-High-Quality-HOLDER-/200677723316?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb9530cb4 )

Sieveking themself said something about this ebay vendor:

UPDATE: The ebay-vendor audiophile_inc from Taiwan is selling some really lousy copies of the Omega. The units are so unstable that they are using feltpads to keep them from rocking. They also progressed to the next level and now copied the basic shape into acrylic which we would never do as this will look extremely ugly once body fat from the earpads is starting to assemble on the stand. It also got the problem that it keeps moisture trapped inside the earphones instead of absorbing it over time. STAY AWAY FROM THIS VENDOR!

Source: http://www.sieveking-sound.de/equipment/detail/id/16

Offtopic:
Can someone tell me how to ''hide'' the link like Twinster did please 
tongue.gif

Quote:
*** Sorry the link is obsolete now ***

For any fan of the [size=small]SIEVEKING SOUND stand here something very close for much less. Here's the link from eBay[/size]

They also have the  clear plastic one.

Dec 1, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #325 of 623

Just select the word(s) you want to attach the URL link and click the globe with the chain icon ( just beside the bullet option) and paste the URL link. Voila!
Quote:
For people who think it is manufactured by Sieveking itself, it isnt. 
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-HEADPHONE-HEADSET-DISPLAY-STAND-RACK-CLEAR-Acrylic-High-Quality-HOLDER-/200677723316?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb9530cb4 )

Sieveking themself said something about this ebay vendor:

UPDATE: The ebay-vendor audiophile_inc from Taiwan is selling some really lousy copies of the Omega. The units are so unstable that they are using feltpads to keep them from rocking. They also progressed to the next level and now copied the basic shape into acrylic which we would never do as this will look extremely ugly once body fat from the earpads is starting to assemble on the stand. It also got the problem that it keeps moisture trapped inside the earphones instead of absorbing it over time. STAY AWAY FROM THIS VENDOR!

Source: http://www.sieveking-sound.de/equipment/detail/id/16

Offtopic:
Can someone tell me how to ''hide'' the link like Twinster did please 
tongue.gif

Dec 2, 2011 at 10:02 AM Post #326 of 623
I made them... I mean people in my office... If you want some pm me...

Back into the post... I find myself very.... very impress regarding T70P....  they sound... almost better than the T70...

Dec 2, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #328 of 623
I've seen people selling the T 70's because it lacks bass.  I've been listening to the T 70 P and have had no experience with the T 70's but the bass from the T 70 P is amazing.  This is coming from a guy who has the Pro 900 and the Sony XB series.  It has the perfect punch and hits low with the perfect quality.  This is my favorite headphone to-date.  

Dec 2, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #329 of 623

Quote:
Hi all,

I would like to know if you weither recommend a T70P or a MDR-Z1000 for a portable use?

NB: Can size doesn't matter for me.

Thanks in advance.

Don't know anything about the Z1000 but the T70P drives very easily.  No amp needed.  Cord is the perfect length for portable use and it sounds amazing.  Only part that bothers me (not very much though) is the tip of my ear touching the inside of the can because it's shallow.  

Dec 2, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #330 of 623
The T70 to me sounds very natural as far as bass is concerned.

Personally its a welcome change to my Ultrasones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back