beyer t70 & t70p NEW!
Nov 4, 2011 at 1:25 PM Post #301 of 623

Quote:
I have noticed one thing with the T70 which I think is more noticeable than with most other headphones I have heard. They simply require higher resolution music. If I listen to 256 or lower MP3 files the T70 sounds so flat and lifeless. Low resolution files are almost unbearable to listen to with the T70. With the HD650 I have no problem listening to low resolution files but the T70 are very demanding in this regard. 

That usually indicates to me that the T70 has good resolution to start with and shows the drawbacks of lower resolution of source files more. This could also indicate that the headphone would be able to show the differences more with higher than Red Book (CD) quality files. My previous pairs of Stax headphones used to have this same issue with less quality recordings. This would not be a issue with me since I do not play compressed MP3 files. While I was at the RMAF show I thought that the T70 had outstanding sound isolation from the outside. Latter I look at the Inner Fidelity charts on the T70 and they measured the  isolation of external sounds to be -43dB at 4kHz. That is the highest I have seen with the comfort level and low clamping pressure of the T70. The plushy padded headband is well suited to people that have short or no hair on the head for various reasons.

Nov 4, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #302 of 623
Thanks for these last two comments guys.  My most used HP today is the DT770 because I usually listen to music while my wife watches TV.  Have been thinking about getting a higher end closed can.

Nov 5, 2011 at 9:58 AM Post #303 of 623
I've been at my local store and guy told me that Beyer would not produce the DT770 anymore. If true, then the T70 would be a replacement for it. Can anyone confirm this? I do not fully trust him, but Beyer's website now only show 770 M and Pro versions.

Also, can anyone compare the bass between T70 and Sony Z1000 headphones ? I do want T70 but can't find a place to demo it.

Nov 5, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #304 of 623
According to Amazon web site the Sony Z1000 is labeled as Sony MDRZ1000 Extra Bass Headphones That gave me the impression that the Sony headphones is more geared to bass heads and the T70 might not have the same quantity of bass as the Sony. Needs a demo to be sure. 

Nov 5, 2011 at 1:56 PM Post #305 of 623

Quote:
Also, can anyone compare the bass between T70 and Sony Z1000 headphones ? I do want T70 but can't find a place to demo it.

Same question here. I'm getting one of the two soonish.

The Amazon listing is probably mislabeled. Rob (Skylab), would it be possible to say something brief about the two, since you've had both please? 

Nov 5, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #306 of 623

I think that this label is missleading. I've heard bass I could qualify as well extended and with good texture. It's quite present but not overwhelming. The cans are very well balanced in my opinion. Now, take it with a grain of salt as I'm a noob :)

Quote:
According to Amazon web site the Sony Z1000 is labeled as Sony MDRZ1000 Extra Bass Headphones That gave me the impression that the Sony headphones is more geared to bass heads and the T70 might not have the same quantity of bass as the Sony. Needs a demo to be sure. 

Nov 7, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #307 of 623
I was also shopping for the Sony and some one that owned it said they were a well balanced headphone with good control bass but not a basshead phone by no mean. For more bass the AT ES10 would be more appropriate. Just my 2 cents  
biggrin.gif

Quote:
I think that this label is missleading. I've heard bass I could qualify as well extended and with good texture. It's quite present but not overwhelming. The cans are very well balanced in my opinion. Now, take it with a grain of salt as I'm a noob :)

Nov 13, 2011 at 9:42 PM Post #308 of 623
I am really loving my T70.  I revisited some albums of a few months ago that I listened to many many times.  The T70 brings out details I did not hear with other headphones.  The separation of singers and instruments is superb on the T70.  Very happy man!

Nov 17, 2011 at 4:58 PM Post #309 of 623
For folks who want a chance to win a T70 (and donate towards a good cause at the same time), I'm running a raffle here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/579342/raffle-for-the-2011-horn-of-africa-drought-beyer-t70-earphones-cds

I tried out the T70 of course but it wasn't really for me, which is why I'm raffling it off.

Nov 17, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #310 of 623
I just ordered a pair of T70's
biggrin.gif

anyone have and recommendations on burn in time?

also I'm thinking on getting an audio-gd NFB5 as a desktop amp for them, any feeling on this?

Nov 18, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #311 of 623
I just started listening to these and already i notice a huge difference from my Ultrasone's.

these are far more balanced whrereas the Ultrasone's much more bass leveled.

Nov 18, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #312 of 623

Quote:
I just started listening to these and already i notice a huge difference from my Ultrasone's.

these are far more balanced whrereas the Ultrasone's much more bass leveled.

This is good news to me.  As much as I love my ultrasone's, I wanted something more balanced so I took a chance on these.  Should be here late next week.  

Nov 22, 2011 at 12:05 AM Post #313 of 623
I have both.. 250 and 32... and the 250 sounds more... mmm relax but way more accurate... I have the t1 aswell and the do sound similar.. allthoug the t1 is way better balanced, with tons of definition and soundstage... this is indeed a younger brother... the type that looks and talks almost exactly as his older brother...

Nov 22, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #314 of 623

Quote:
I have both.. 250 and 32... and the 250 sounds more... mmm relax but way more accurate... I have the t1 aswell and the do sound similar.. allthoug the t1 is way better balanced, with tons of definition and soundstage... this is indeed a younger brother... the type that looks and talks almost exactly as his older brother...

Thanks, weren't many comparisons between the two available.  Have you tried the T5p?  Used they aren't much more than the T70/p...

Nov 22, 2011 at 10:39 AM Post #315 of 623
They are not in price, but there is a diference... is not big, but is some ways is just what it should me.. The only concern that I have is impedance in the T5p.... Phase issues are pretty common in this type of headphones althoug the driver and the tesla technology is no myth and should help improve
this problem. I have not meassure them but as far as I am concern... I use the t70 250ohms with ALL MY PORTABLE AMPS AND DEVICES... the t70p is just for fun and I do use it without any amp for portability issues!! :p

anyway... this headphones are very advance technologicaly speaking and if someone thinks different they are wrong.. The might be not as cool as some others and ofcourse there is the cable issue, but if you are in a real rush for mods you can... The tend to be polite, and with a lot of definition... and that's good, for classical music they are the best performers around and the have music, is not an steril sound..but please remember this is Beyer, is not AKG, no DENON, no Ultrasone... so the have a signature sound... articulated, enough soundstage, powerfull bass and good mids...

try them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back