beyer t70 & t70p NEW!
Oct 20, 2011 at 9:51 AM Post #286 of 623

Quote:
Really brings out the room or concert hall sound in the recordings. Vocals are outstanding. Just a bit lacking in bass quantity as compared to the T1. 

Bass is a bit disappointing imho. Quality is good, but there's no quantity. This really is a headphone for classical and vocals for me (the mids aint that present either imo)

Oct 20, 2011 at 10:14 AM Post #287 of 623

Quote:
Bass is a bit disappointing imho. Quality is good, but there's no quantity. This really is a headphone for classical and vocals for me (the mids aint that present either imo)

Not enough Bass and recess MID. I hope the Hi are good because.... I guest I'll keep my DT1350. So sad. I had high hope on this one.

Oct 20, 2011 at 4:35 PM Post #288 of 623

Quote:

I do agree that the bass does not have much impact but for me I think the bass has absolutely perfect speed and feels deep and tight. Sometimes they remind me of the Etymotic ER-4 bass which also does not have huge impact but otherwise reaches deep and precise. 

Regarding mids I do not agree either. I think these have a very intimate sound when it comes to vocals and mids are very present to my ears. I think it is so good to hear a closed headphone not being dark sounding but sounds airy and bright. Very refreshing :) 

I am not disappointed by these at all in fact they have become better and better after some more listening. Right after coming from HD650 and T1 they can sound too bright but just like the ER-4 these have something very special which is more likely to win in the long run.... If I know myself correctly. 

Oct 20, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #289 of 623

Quote:

I do agree that the bass does not have much impact but for me I think the bass has absolutely perfect speed and feels deep and tight. Sometimes they remind me of the Etymotic ER-4 bass which also does not have huge impact but otherwise reaches deep and precise. 

Regarding mids I do not agree either. I think these have a very intimate sound when it comes to vocals and mids are very present to my ears. I think it is so good to hear a closed headphone not being dark sounding but sounds airy and bright. Very refreshing :) 

I am not disappointed by these at all in fact they have become better and better after some more listening. Right after coming from HD650 and T1 they can sound too bright but just like the ER-4 these have something very special which is more likely to win in the long run.... If I know myself correctly. 

Does it mean you changed your mind and not selling your T70 no more? Also does anyone ever heard the T5p and the T70 and what would be the differences?

Thanks

Oct 20, 2011 at 7:50 PM Post #291 of 623

When I go to concerts there is a sort of dynamic brightness that seems to be hard to create in the recordings. I just find the the midrange has a great sense of realism that I find refreshing in a closed headphone without the harshness that I heard in other headphones. The Sens HD800 gives me a bit of irritation at 6kHz for example that I do not hear in the T70. The T70 is quite conformable as compared to the AKG K701 headphones that I tried at the meet.  The T70 has very good sound isolation of the noises at the RMAF with far less clamping pressure as compared to the Sens HD280 or the HD380.

Quote:

Oct 21, 2011 at 4:22 AM Post #292 of 623

Quote:
Does it mean you changed your mind and not selling your T70 no more? Also does anyone ever heard the T5p and the T70 and what would be the differences?

Thanks

Both yes and no. I find that the T70 takes more listening time at home from the T1. In a perfect world I would keep both the DT-1350 and the T70 but I like to travel light and the T70 is too big for traveling purposes compared to the DT-1350. Even though the T1 has much more of everything there is something magical about the T70 - a dryness and a realism that attracts me. I am not a bass head at all so the lack of bass impact does not bother me. :)

Oct 21, 2011 at 10:35 AM Post #293 of 623

Quote:
Both yes and no. I find that the T70 takes more listening time at home from the T1. In a perfect world I would keep both the DT-1350 and the T70 but I like to travel light and the T70 is too big for traveling purposes compared to the DT-1350. Even though the T1 has much more of everything there is something magical about the T70 - a dryness and a realism that attracts me. I am not a bass head at all so the lack of bass impact does not bother me. :)

Good. I'm not a Basshead neither and currently enjoying the Shure SRH-940. The MID are very good and in my system I don't find them hot on top. Would like a bit more comfort for long listening session. I have to admit that I use my DT1350 at work all day long and still impress by their performance. I could replaced the full size 940 by them at home for quiet session and by happy because the sound even better on Tube. 

Oct 29, 2011 at 12:19 AM Post #294 of 623
I've been listening to the T5p and T70p and I think the main noticeable difference between the two would be the lack of sub-bass with the T5p. The T5p hides the deep parts of the bass way, way into the background while the T70p pretty much just leaves it out there. Because of this, on songs with really active sub-bass tracks, the mids may seem recessed because the bass is so deep and present. But on songs with a light deep bass presence, the T70p may give it a more full, encompassing sound. What bass the T5p does have though kicks in with a bit more initial impact than the T70p. On songs where the sub-bass isn't so prominent, the T70p's highs and mids don't lose too much to the T5p. The T5p is still clearer with better separation but the T70p isn't that far behind.

Anyway, that's my impression on the two after spending an hour or so switching between them this evening. 

Quote:
... Also does anyone ever heard the T5p and the T70 and what would be the differences?

Thanks

Oct 29, 2011 at 5:51 AM Post #296 of 623
I do not know about the T70p but the T70 is a bright sounding headphone with great bass - but emphasis is on treble and mids and certainly not bass. It surprises me that T5p has less bass... 

Nov 1, 2011 at 3:01 PM Post #297 of 623
Just picked up my new t70p. I'm not a bass head and don't have a pair of t5p to compare with, but I'm sitting with a big smile on my face amazed by the sound. I don't find the bass lacking, and they are airy and bright indeed, nice build and so far very comfortable.

Nov 4, 2011 at 12:24 PM Post #300 of 623
I have noticed one thing with the T70 which I think is more noticeable than with most other headphones I have heard. They simply require higher resolution music. If I listen to 256 or lower MP3 files the T70 sounds so flat and lifeless. Low resolution files are almost unbearable to listen to with the T70. With the HD650 I have no problem listening to low resolution files but the T70 are very demanding in this regard. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back