beyer t70 & t70p NEW!
Sep 14, 2011 at 9:33 AM Post #271 of 623

Quote:
Groovy... Enjoy the honeymoon!

Personally i'm disappointed to see that foam cover again inside, I hated it in the DT770 as it always got outta place and was rubbing against my ears.

Are thoose new microfiber pads comfier than the T1's?

Yeah - I know what you mean. I was a bit disappointed too. My ears never touch the foam on the HD650 or the T1 but they do touch the foam on the T70. Not that it matters much and it is not annoying at all but it looks cheaper when you are used to the T1. Also the microfiber pads are not as comfortable as the T1 pads. Neither is the same microfiber on the headband anyway nearly as comfortable as the soft leather on the T1. Comming from the T1 the look and feel is indeed somewhat cheaper.

Another thing I was a bit disapointed with is the cable. I know I should not compare to T1 here again and it is ALL look and feel and has nothing to do with performance of the product. I know it is half the price of the T1 and the T70 will probably last for many years that's for sure. the product is still as durabel as the DT-770 for instance. I just think that since the T70 is still no cheap headphone I did expect a bit more - maybe I just expect too much? 

I know it is too early to comment on the sound since I have only given them 4-5 hours. But my very first impressions are that the sound is nothing like the DT-770. It flows perfectly and easily and they are very tight and neutral so far. I really like that! The mids are very detailed but I do not feel that it has super high resolution and micro details. At the moment they sound like they are very good at drawing a room and the feeling of the room from the recording is very clear.

There is no boomy bass at all - which the DT-1350 can have sometimes. The bass is really satisfying if you like it tight and not just lots of impact. I think it is punchy enough but not the most impactfull bass I have heard. At the moment, having only payed less than 5 hours with them, I hope that the highs will be mellowed out some more. They sound a little bit like I remember my first DT-880 when they were brand new with a bit overemphasis in the treble - but not edgy in a good way like the SR325. I am hoping some more break in will change the highs. 

Sep 15, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #273 of 623
I would say both would be fine choices.

Quote:
When searching for an Amp for the t70, following the t1 threads would be a pretty good idea right? I'm leaning towards a Woo Audio WA3 over a Burson HA-160 given that principle. Or is the T70 a whole new ballgame?

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Sep 15, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #274 of 623
It also sounded very good with the Schiit Lyr, actually.

Sep 18, 2011 at 10:04 PM Post #275 of 623
After few days of use, the T70p is very good to me. I bought it from Moon-audio with a Blue Dragon split mod so it get the headphone a little warmer from the caracteristics of the cable. For the moment i'm using it with my Cowon J3 since I will use it as my portable headphone.
First of all I really love the soundstage, a lot more in your face compared to the D7000 but more coherent, so a very good soundstage for a closed headphone. Well balanced, detailed and paced with clear mids and highs, maybe a little bit of lack of bass energy in my opinion, not for bass-head though.
Very comfy and it is a very solid piece of work but I don't really like the slides to adjust the size, it's not well made and some steps are hard to pull, weird...

I really enjoy using it for the music, I have the feeling that it really shines with intimate music (Post-rock, folk, piano...).

I will do a bigger review in few weeks.

willbe getting it too as my portable headphonee

Sep 30, 2011 at 4:57 AM Post #276 of 623
My T70 arrived last night. I've only had the time to "listen" to them for 5 minutes but as mentionned above, I don't like the pads that much either and I don't like my ears touching the driver cover
More sound impressions will follow :wink:

Sep 30, 2011 at 11:34 AM Post #277 of 623
Anyone tired the T1 pads on it?  I'm not a fan of the T70 pads either.

Sep 30, 2011 at 4:41 PM Post #278 of 623
My first feeling on putting the T70p on was like wow feels like closing the door of a Mercedes Benz limousine. So luxurious and well damped. And the phones do absolutely not feel cheap plastic like many others out on the market. I come from the DT-1350. These little sweeties really rape your earlobes. So I am totally fine with the T70p pads and driver covers. They comfort my outer ears. But that is only my point of view.
Anyways, I absolutely love the sound they create.

Oct 13, 2011 at 3:59 AM Post #279 of 623
I've been listening to it some more with my Violectric amp and it's a very nice headphone, top build quality.
Takes a while to get used to after having listened to the HE-500 or HD650 but its very precise and clear. Lovely soundstage and great highs, wonderful detail. Bass quality is also very good but I would have liked some more bass quantity (not DT990 like but still) I actually would have liked the T70 to be a bit tighter and I'm still not used to the pads and my ears touching the driver cover.

Isn't this headphone widely available yet? there's not being written a lot about it...

Oct 16, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #280 of 623
I just came back from Rocky Mountain Audio Fest or RMAF and I was very impressed with the T70 more so than the Stax, AKG, Ultrasone and most of the Sennheiser models as well. Really brings out the room or concert hall sound in the recordings. Vocals are outstanding. Just a bit lacking in bass quantity as compared to the T1.  The Stax's has a bit more detail. Ultrasone Edition 10 were just terrible sounding at the show.   I had the previous old Byers 811 headphones and until I went to the show I was not considering another Beyer headphone but was quite surprised how well the T70 sounded.

P.S. It was very conformable and good sound isolation without the vice-grip feeling as compared to the Senheiser HD280 or the HD380. 

Oct 16, 2011 at 5:27 PM Post #281 of 623
I really want to try one of these but I think they will sound a lot like the DT770/250Ohm. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Also is anyone up for letting me borrow a pair so I can add them to my thread on the different beyers?

Oct 17, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #282 of 623

Quote:
I just came back from Rocky Mountain Audio Fest or RMAF and I was very impressed with the T70 more so than the Stax, AKG, Ultrasone and most of the Sennheiser models as well. Really brings out the room or concert hall sound in the recordings. Vocals are outstanding. Just a bit lacking in bass quantity as compared to the T1.  The Stax's has a bit more detail. Ultrasone Edition 10 were just terrible sounding at the show.   I had the previous old Byers 811 headphones and until I went to the show I was not considering another Beyer headphone but was quite surprised how well the T70 sounded.

P.S. It was very conformable and good sound isolation without the vice-grip feeling as compared to the Senheiser HD280 or the HD380. 

You should try T5ps then. They are of the same flavour, but better. Still lacking bass though.

Oct 17, 2011 at 3:05 PM Post #283 of 623
Yes the T5 is better but it is twice the price. The T70 bass response was a bit odd not only less but overly damped sound. The bass drum for example, you heard the initial impact but not the rest of the overtones after that. I like the vocals on the T70 which make you feeel a bit closer to the voice while still hearing the room sound arround you.

Oct 18, 2011 at 12:58 AM Post #284 of 623

Quote:
Yes the T5 is better but it is twice the price. The T70 bass response was a bit odd not only less but overly damped sound. The bass drum for example, you heard the initial impact but not the rest of the overtones after that. I like the vocals on the T70 which make you feeel a bit closer to the voice while still hearing the room sound arround you.

Used T5ps can be had for much less than $1200 - more like 60-70% of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back