beyer t70 & t70p NEW!
May 26, 2011 at 5:14 AM Post #78 of 623
mmm if there will be a T80 then I'd prefer to get that!  I shall wait a bit more
tongue_smile.gif

May 26, 2011 at 6:51 AM Post #79 of 623

A non-portable closed back design on a similar price level than T1 maybe ? That would definitely be interesting.

Quote:
mmm if there will be a T80 then I'd prefer to get that!  I shall wait a bit more
tongue_smile.gif

May 27, 2011 at 2:17 AM Post #80 of 623

Quote:
so beyer still doesnt believe in betachable cords? 

Funny you should mention that, the cable in the DT250 on my head right now is kind of detacheable... you need a screwdriver but it's still removable.

May 27, 2011 at 6:44 AM Post #81 of 623

Quote:
Funny you should mention that, the cable in the DT250 on my head right now is kind of detacheable... you need a screwdriver but it's still removable.

there are so many without detacheable cables:frowning2:

May 27, 2011 at 8:04 AM Post #82 of 623
Is it really that big of a deal?

Detatchable cables do add extra weight to one side of the earcup with single sided phones, so there are advantages to a fixed cable. 

May 27, 2011 at 9:07 AM Post #85 of 623

Quote:
I guess it depends on if you can/want to recable yourself

I guess it depends on whether you beleive different cables make a difference!
tongue.gif

I suppose if someone had a balanced amp it is more convenient, I concede that, but most of us use amps with TRS anyway, so it makes little difference. So long as you don't abuse the cable it should last for a long time. I've bought some very old vintage phones before and the cable still worked just fine.

May 27, 2011 at 9:16 AM Post #86 of 623

Quote:
I guess it depends on whether you beleive different cables make a difference!
tongue.gif

Nope
A recable can be needed for old headphones, or when it gets broken or whatever. Come on, think again, "upgrading" or getting balanced isn't the only reason people recable
wink_face.gif

f.e. my D7000's cable has some cable problems and probably needs a new one. Now I have to send it to Denon or another party to get it done. If it was a (preferably dual entry) detacheable cable, like say LCD-2, HD650, HD800, I could simply order a new one.

May 27, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #87 of 623

Quote:
THe Forks are metal. Release date is July. t80/90 have not been confirmed to me while taling to Beyer representatives, wouldnt bet my hat on that.

I have me a nice hat collection, and I'd bet that there would absolutely be a t80/t90. They wouldn't refresh just one headphone of the range. The fun part comes when overlapping generations are on the market and who knows what they'd rather get. Then you have the 600 ohm option. For some while after the 2005 refresh, 600 ohms was available only as a manufaktur option. Will the t70/80/90 see the same thing or not? Questions questions..

May 28, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #88 of 623
I definitely hope they release a closed back version of the DT880 that with sound quality somewhere between DT880 and T1.  Just a complete update of the DT line would make me happy.  Hopefully this time with a balanced cable instead so I can do a possible retermination instead recabling.

Jun 1, 2011 at 5:45 AM Post #89 of 623

Well, the T70 already fits your description... Price wise, it is between the DT880 and T1.

Quote:
I definitely hope they release a closed back version of the DT880 that with sound quality somewhere between DT880 and T1. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back