beyer t70 & t70p NEW!
Jan 14, 2016 at 7:37 AM Post #571 of 623
Question for those who are using the HM5 pads on the T70 - are you just stretching the heck out of the vinyl back holding ring (which is about twice the width it needs to be) or has anyone cut it back to match the size of the Beyer's vinyl ring.  

From the photo it looks like no cutting.

I have one of the velor sets and it seems nearly impossible to get those on to a T70....but the pleather may be more stretchable.

Jan 14, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #572 of 623
Hi @Ggroch-

I suppose you could cut a portion of the vinyl back, but I didn't because I wasn't sure if I was going to like this headphone.

It's a bit of a tight fit, but it's very snug, and will not come off accidentally.

With that said, it wasn't too hard to get it on the T70. You just roll it onto the cup, section by section, just like a steering wheel cover.

I actually had more trouble with the rectangular, but smaller-cupped Nad viso HP50.

Jan 14, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #573 of 623
@Ggroch

The vinyl ring of HM5 pad is very tough, actually tougher than you think.
Putting it on T70s is bit tricky, but you can safely stretch the ring until it fits with T70's earcup frange. go ahead!

Jan 14, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #574 of 623
I can confirm this. I just got the hybrid pads earlier today and after fiddling with them a bit i got them on. First impressions are improved comfort and increased bass. It is fast and punchy. The treble is tamed most likely due to the thin mess on the pads. This could be cut off if one only wanted to increase the bass. It is a shame beyer could not have just made the pads a little more plush for a better seal.

Also because these pads hold the headphone further from the ear i have noticed a more expansive soundstage. It is very good considering it is closed!

Jan 14, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #575 of 623
I can confirm this. I just got the hybrid pads earlier today and after fiddling with them a bit i got them on. First impressions are improved comfort and increased bass. It is fast and punchy. The treble is tamed most likely due to the thin mess on the pads. This could be cut off if one only wanted to increase the bass. It is a shame beyer could not have just made the pads a little more plush for a better seal.

Also because these pads hold the headphone further from the ear i have noticed a more expansive soundstage. It is very good considering it is closed!

This exactly mirrors my experience, although I hated the T70's stock pads so much, I didn't get to do a very thorough audition.

Jan 15, 2016 at 2:00 AM Post #576 of 623
I wish all you could try the Beyerdynamic Gel pads. Seal, comfort (except during summer, when they can cause sweating), bass tightness. Unfortunately the piercing highs were not cured :-D

Jan 19, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #577 of 623
Hi, this place is right to ask - what do you think about these original Beyer leatherette:
http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/spareparts/edt70nl.html

A bit smaller to Brainwaves pads, but could fit perfectly.

Jan 20, 2016 at 1:42 AM Post #578 of 623
@stehof,

If my memory serves right, EDT 70 NL is not leatherette but velour pads that comes with T70 /T70p (stock pads). I guess they made mistake for the web page.

You can find genuine beyer leatherette pads that fit T70s, EDT770S for DT770, but in my opinion, Brainwavz pads are far better for T70s both in sound and in comfort. 

Jan 20, 2016 at 3:13 AM Post #579 of 623
Thanx! And which are the better - hybrid or pleather? I have some unexpected problems with ordering hybrid ones on Amazon
mad.gif

Jan 20, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #580 of 623
I've never tried hybrid ones, but I'm enjoying Pleather ones and satisfied by these very much.

Jan 20, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #581 of 623
  Thanx! And which are the better - hybrid or pleather? I have some unexpected problems with ordering hybrid ones on Amazon
mad.gif

Several Headfiers have said the hybrids work very well. I have the pleathers, and find them to be surprisingly comfortable. They really improve these headphones, mostly because they help you get a better seal. 

I imagine the hybrids would be a tad cooler as well, as velor doesn't heat up as pleather does. The hybrids be a better solution if you're in a warm climate or keep your house warm. 

Jan 23, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #582 of 623
Just Orderd sets of Angled Pleather, Angled Velour, and Hybrid earpad at Brainwavz website. should be arrive in a week and I will post comparison report on T70.

Feb 6, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #583 of 623
  Just Orderd sets of Angled Pleather, Angled Velour, and Hybrid earpad at Brainwavz website. should be arrive in a week and I will post comparison report on T70.

Any update? I just bought a T70 and have angled pleather, flat velour, and will get the flat pleather with the cans. Let us know how you find all of yours please. Thanks! I am particularly interested in how the hybrids sound.

Feb 6, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #584 of 623

Just ordered the pro version. I'll be waiting on your impressions to decide on replacement pads. Let me know which provide the most bass.

Feb 6, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #585 of 623
  Any update? I just bought a T70 and have angled pleather, flat velour, and will get the flat pleather with the cans. Let us know how you find all of yours please. Thanks! I am particularly interested in how the hybrids sound.

I have the Hybrids on my T70p right now.  I have also ordered a pair of Dekoni premium pads to compare in the near future.  The hybrids are more comfortable, increase the bass a little bit giving it a little more impact.  The treble is smoothed a small amount as there is added cloth with the hybrid pads.  Because these pads are more plush the drivers sit further from the head.  I find this increases the soundstage giving a more airy presence.  I am hoping the Dekoni pads increase isolation and bass a tiny bit more.  I will note the hybrids can get rather warm quick.  They are also a struggle to get on, but once on most aspects are improved to my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back