beyer T50p: beyerdynamic Announces The T50p Portable Tesla Headphones
Dec 2, 2010 at 3:45 PM Post #781 of 866

Quote:

The clip outputs about 10mW into 32 ohm, measured with an old multimeter. Considering t50p's 107 dB @ 1mW 
tongue_smile.gif
 it should be loud enough 
wink.gif

(Are you sure you didn't have the EU volume limit enabled with the clip?)

've been wondering too, but didn't find it in the menus ... so, maybe ... but it was definitely not loud enough whereas with the HM-801
L3000.gif
...   (and the T50p has just this hefty base which feels like your ear-drum is played directly ... no, what I mean is, you do not only hear it ... you feel it ... (or at least I do ...))

(...strange ... the EU limitation is at 80 dB ... but regarding which phones ? ... whatever ... off topic ... derailing
biggrin.gif
)

Dec 10, 2010 at 10:16 AM Post #782 of 866
I just bought the T50p from a local retailer.

I received the new earpads and noticed that Beyer did exactly what I did "manually" : the new pads are flatter, reducing the distance between the driver and the eardrum.
As the fit was horribly loose, I bended the headband several times during the day. Clamping is slowly improving.

With less than one hour of burn in, they're already more detailed than the ESW10, and they sound surpremely liquid. That's all I can say for now. 
Oh and I can't resist adding that instrument separation and analytical capabilities are a clear notch above the ESW10.

I'll soon receive a better source than my current Cowon S9 (an iPhone 4), so I'll make a short comparison between both.

Dec 10, 2010 at 12:20 PM Post #785 of 866

Quote:
Iphone 4 a better source than Cowon S9??
eek.gif
On which planet?
tongue.gif

Definitely on mine for over the ear portable phones. The Cowon rolls off the bass frequencies and sounds more digital to me.
I'm only talking here about the iPhone 4, not any other iDevice (don't know them).

Quote:
new separate earpads??

They look different enough you can't mistake them. They come with all new T50p. Send a mail to see if you can get them free.

Dec 10, 2010 at 12:28 PM Post #786 of 866
Can you please take some pictures of the old and new pads?  Also how did you removed the pads? I tried on mine but couldn't get them to budge.

I'm asking because I'm thinking of changing the cable on my T50p and would greatly appreciate your input.

Cheers!

Dec 10, 2010 at 5:37 PM Post #787 of 866
I'm now trying the T50p on the iPhone 4.

Definitely an improvement over the Cowon S9. Actually, the synergy between the T50p and the iPhone 4 is very, VERY good.

I don't have the time to post pictures of the new pads this evening, but I'll do so tomorrow.

Dec 10, 2010 at 5:55 PM Post #788 of 866

Quote:

Definitely an improvement over the Cowon S9. Actually, the synergy between the T50p and the iPhone 4 is very, VERY good.

I don't have the time to post pictures of the new pads this evening, but I'll do so tomorrow.

very interesting....oh boy being an audiophile can make a person broke in a second...the source, the amp, the preamp...the phones...

Dec 10, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #789 of 866

Quote:
Quote:

very interesting....oh boy being an audiophile can make a person broke in a second...the source, the amp, the preamp...the phones...

Well I don't consider myself an audiophile, that's why I'd like to keep it simple (a phone, a pair of headphones). And that pair seems to compete quite well to others.

Dec 10, 2010 at 6:02 PM Post #790 of 866

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well I don't consider myself an audiophile, that's why I'd like to keep it simple (a phone, a pair of headphones). And that pair seems to compete quite well to others.

have you heard the t50p's amped? from user experience on head-fi, people agree that it needs to be amped even though it's touted as a portable pair of cans

Dec 10, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #793 of 866

Quote:
From what I hear, it might benefit from an amp but it certainly sounds to my ears that it does not need it as much as my ESW10.
I'd like to hear it from an amp, but as I said, practically come first sometimes.

i wonder what beyer is going to do with the ones who got the older version....

Quote:
Iphone 4 a better source than Cowon S9??
eek.gif
On which planet?
tongue.gif

Quote:
Well, these look like the ones on my T50p. Didn't know that there where different ones before ...

http://www.beyerdynamic.de/shop/hah/ersatzteile/edt-50p.html

Dec 10, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #794 of 866
Congrats on the new purchase. If you can, please post a comparison review for ESW10 and t50p.

Quote:
I just bought the T50p from a local retailer.

I received the new earpads and noticed that Beyer did exactly what I did "manually" : the new pads are flatter, reducing the distance between the driver and the eardrum.
As the fit was horribly loose, I bended the headband several times during the day. Clamping is slowly improving.

With less than one hour of burn in, they're already more detailed than the ESW10, and they sound surpremely liquid. That's all I can say for now. 
Oh and I can't resist adding that instrument separation and analytical capabilities are a clear notch above the ESW10.

I'll soon receive a better source than my current Cowon S9 (an iPhone 4), so I'll make a short comparison between both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back