beyer T50p: beyerdynamic Announces The T50p Portable Tesla Headphones
Aug 15, 2010 at 2:34 AM Post #542 of 866
Listening to them after about 20hrs of burning... Yeah I better let em burn all the way to 200hrs to avoid disappointment >..<

Aug 15, 2010 at 3:33 AM Post #543 of 866

Quote:
Listening to them after about 20hrs of burning... Yeah I better let em burn all the way to 200hrs to avoid disappointment >..<

DO NOT FORGET to find the right placement on the ears!!!! ...or else you will be disappointed forever. 
regular_smile .gif

Aug 16, 2010 at 10:02 AM Post #544 of 866
Quote:
DO NOT FORGET to find the right placement on the ears!!!! ...or else you will be disappointed forever. 
regular_smile%20.gif

Grabbed some interesting information concerning positioning of T50p on beyer´s website:
http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/at-home/music-pleasure/t-50-p.html
click on 'downloads'

Looks silly? Due to the small size of the earcaps (thx to portability...), it seems that it might need some extra attention to get a tight sealing (also with my ears, although being used to wear headphones), but it´s worth to do. Sound is perfect now, and reduction of environmental noise is improved a lot.

Would have been glad to receive such kind of information at an earlier stage...

Aug 16, 2010 at 4:04 PM Post #545 of 866

Quote:
regular_smile%20.gif

I demo'd them today and I must have not had the correct placement. They were truly awful. Horrible boxy cardboard upper bass and NO mid or low bass. NONE. And if you sneeze they'll fall off your head.

Aug 16, 2010 at 4:32 PM Post #546 of 866
Aug 16, 2010 at 6:48 PM Post #547 of 866
Yes do not sneeze with these on, however they won't fall off your head if you rock out - as you won't be from the awful sound these produce :p.

A phone at this price should not have issue getting a good fit - I have no trouble slipping on ESW9 and getting "perfect" position.

Avoid until Beyer does a revision on these.

Aug 17, 2010 at 3:54 AM Post #548 of 866

Quote:
I demo'd them today and I must have not had the correct placement. They were truly awful. Horrible boxy cardboard upper bass and NO mid or low bass. NONE. And if you sneeze they'll fall off your head.

That's exactly how I heard them the first day when I unboxed them. I was ready to sell them again at a VERY low price. But oh boy - I have never had a headphone win me over like this one. At the moment it is the one which gets most headtime. They are just plain simple and enjoyable, not perfect and should not be compared to full size headphones of course. For what they are I like them more and more as great portable headphones! 
regular_smile .gif

Aug 17, 2010 at 9:35 AM Post #549 of 866
I don't have a problem wearing em properly tho... fits nicely over my ear with the bottom of the ear-pad resting on my ear lobe.

Burning in burning in Burning in burning in Burning in burning in Burning in burning in Burning in burning in...

*Update @ 60+hrs*

Strings sound amazing. Mids still settling in... Looking forward to 150 and 200hr mark~

Aug 17, 2010 at 10:20 AM Post #550 of 866
anyone here has already recable T50p (urself)
can gimme some idea how to remove the driver

Aug 17, 2010 at 6:56 PM Post #551 of 866

Quote:
That's exactly how I heard them the first day when I unboxed them. I was ready to sell them again at a VERY low price. But oh boy - I have never had a headphone win me over like this one.

You mean you like that sound?

Ugh

Aug 17, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #552 of 866
Yes, we like sound-in-a-can ibudish sound. We just love bad sounding crap!

Or could it be that's not what they sound like? I'm just sayin'. 

If you can sneeze and they fall off, the headband must be too big for you. Now that's where Beyer really failed. They put tiny headphones on something that was made for larger heads. So you either get a group of huge melon heads with huge ears that find the earcups too small and fiddly, or you get a group of people with ears well-sized for the cups, but with heads too small to fit the headband, so they get no seal and no decent sound.

It wouldn't have been any more difficult to make the adjusters just a little bit longer. The length would help fill the gap for smaller heads AND give more room for earcup adjustment. But no, they were were designed by engineers who read that there was such a thing as people, in a manual.

Luckily, I'm Goldilocks with these headphones. My ears have no trouble finding the proper placement, but only just. They're adjusted to as high as they can go, beyond the first rung. If I had thinner hair, they'd probably not fit.

Quote:

Ugh

Aug 18, 2010 at 2:30 AM Post #554 of 866

Quote:

Ugh

Most people do not like "THAT" sound. I do not know how far back in this thread you have read? But most people give up on these after 10 seconds - what a shame.

Once you have placed them correctly on the ears and they are burned in, "THAT" sound is not what you hear! Finding the right placement takes more than 10 seconds. For me it took maybe 5-10 minutes and now I have the right spot correctly everytime I put them on it is no longer something I even think about when placing them. Secondly they change A LOT within the first 100 hours - more than any headphone I have had from new before.A lot of people will probably still not like them even after this and they are not perfect or groundbreaking in soundquality compared to full size cans. There is just something enjoyable about their sound which I really like. 

Aug 18, 2010 at 2:35 AM Post #555 of 866
@rasmushorn: you got it! and the bass isnt lacking as others say but a little bit more extension would be welcomed. such a shame many gave up on these before actually using them for a month. pure shame

Users who are viewing this thread

Back