beyer T50p: beyerdynamic Announces The T50p Portable Tesla Headphones
Jan 27, 2011 at 8:57 AM Post #856 of 866

Quote:
So anyone seen the new dt1350? The word in that thread is that the headband is smaller.

Interesting.  I'm a little worried though that these are "DJ" voiced.  I note that they are 80 ohms.  Will be interesting to hear impressions.

Jan 27, 2011 at 9:28 AM Post #857 of 866

Quote:
Quote:
So anyone seen the new dt1350? The word in that thread is that the headband is smaller.

Interesting.  I'm a little worried though that these are "DJ" voiced.  I note that they are 80 ohms.  Will be interesting to hear impressions.

impedance can be deceiving, take the sennheiser HD25-1 II for example, they aren't hard to driver contrary to the relatively high impedance. well, at last I hope for beyer's sake

Jan 27, 2011 at 9:34 AM Post #858 of 866

Quote:
impedance can be deceiving, take the sennheiser HD25-1 II for example, they aren't hard to driver contrary to the relatively high impedance. well, at last I hope for beyer's sake

Yeah it wasn't driving them that I was referring to, it's that 80 ohm Beyers are usually the very bassy ones.  I have owned probably two dozen different Beyers over the last 5-6 years, and the 80 ohm DT770 were least neutral of all of them.

Jan 27, 2011 at 10:29 AM Post #859 of 866

I posted this in the other thread also....

DT 1350 looks just as great as the T50p. Asking Beyerdynamic what the differences between T50p and the new DT 1350 is they answered:

From the technical side the driver of the DT 1350 headphones has been re-engineered for higher maximum sound level (129 dB). The sound has been especially adjusted for professional use; natural and balanced sound, while the T 50 p has a little enhancement in bass and treble.

I hope this helps.

I like the new headband. And 129 dB - who needs to play that loud - even for professional use?

Jan 27, 2011 at 10:32 AM Post #860 of 866
Well, that might be just the ticket...

Jan 27, 2011 at 10:55 AM Post #861 of 866
If there is any chance the 1350 is easier to seat on the ear and keep in the sonic 'sweet spot' I could be interested in them because I was never able to get the T50 to stay put where they sounded best. Was a real bummer. I wonder if the lower profile pads on the 1350 will help with that. 

Jan 27, 2011 at 11:17 AM Post #862 of 866

And here I was hoping to lay low for a bit. I guess I gotta add these to the wishlist... I may have sold the T50p but that doesn't mean I didn't like 'em. Darnnit.

And Skylab, I hear ya about the 80ohm, but then there's the 129db.. you try to figure out what Beyer is doing and then they go and pull a fast one on you. Like when they accidentally made the dt531s so good.

Jan 27, 2011 at 11:24 AM Post #863 of 866

Quote:

And here I was hoping to lay low for a bit. I guess I gotta add these to the wishlist... I may have sold the T50p but that doesn't mean I didn't like 'em. Darnnit.

And Skylab, I hear ya about the 80ohm, but then there's the 129db.. you try to figure out what Beyer is doing and then they go and pull a fast one on you. Like when they accidentally made the dt531s so good.

LOL!  Indeed.  And the line about the 1350 having LESS treble and bass...not what I would have expected.  But if the 1350 isolates as well as the t50p, and has a little less treble, I could learn to like it.  I wouldn't want much less bass than the t50p, though...

Jan 27, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #864 of 866
Quote:
If there is any chance the 1350 is easier to seat on the ear and keep in the sonic 'sweet spot' I could be interested in them because I was never able to get the T50 to stay put where they sounded best. Was a real bummer. I wonder if the lower profile pads on the 1350 will help with that. 

You can order the flatter pads from Beyer, and yes, they are much easier to seat and seal.  They have switched to them on the T50p as well.  Those fat donuts were awful, lol.

Jan 12, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #865 of 866

So true. In fact, I recall seeing a graph that showed what the ideal headphone response should be and it was far from flat, there was a huge dip in the upper midrange. My favourite headphones have a very ragged response on a graph. The ones that come closest to a flat response are the most dull and boring.

+1!  AKG K240 DF and K701/702 come to mind! HD600, too?..

Dec 9, 2023 at 2:50 AM Post #866 of 866
So, I see there's someone who posted a comment 4 years later and got no response. I'm not really surprised.

I am posting a question about the T50p Tesla almost 12 years later. I doubt I will get a response, but I'll try this for grins anyway:

Does anyone know if it is possible to make the clamping force tighter on these. I just bought this on eBay. Of course they will sound like crap until they have had around 350 hours of burn-in. But they fit so loose on my head that I honestly think they would fall off if all was to do was get up from my chair and walk across the room. The adjustment is all the way down to its tightest setting. Thus far I'm not very impressed with these.

Can anyone recommend a portable on-ear headphone (I'm not interested in the digitized sound of Bluetooth). I have already fallen in love with Grados, but they leak way too much sound, so I need a wired closed-back solution. I may end up selling these Tesla's .........

Thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back