beyer dt990 600 ohm with rsa xp7?
Nov 23, 2010 at 9:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mrsal

New Head-Fier
hi guys, 

im looking to upgrade my setup, from just my portapros from my imac to a nice amp and headphones. does anyone have this combo? does it work good? the other amp im considering is the WA6, if that might be better. 

thanks in advance, 

sal

Nov 24, 2010 at 4:16 PM Post #2 of 7
To the top!

Nov 25, 2010 at 3:15 PM Post #3 of 7
Up up and away(to the top)!!!

Feb 1, 2011 at 10:56 AM Post #5 of 7
I haven't heard either of those amps, but I can verify that the DT990/600 absolutely loves tube amps.

I have a portable amp that's also powered by a pair of 9V batteries, and it does have enough juice to drive them well, but it doesn't really show off their strengths.  They sound truly spectacular on my tube amp.

Both the ones you've listed are miles better than the sources I'm using, but I hope that helps a little.

Feb 1, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #6 of 7

I haven't heard either of those amps, but I can verify that the DT990/600 absolutely loves tube amps.

I have a portable amp that's also powered by a pair of 9V batteries, and it does have enough juice to drive them well, but it doesn't really show off their strengths.  They sound truly spectacular on my tube amp.

Both the ones you've listed are miles better than the sources I'm using, but I hope that helps a little.

Yeah, I've also heard that a lot, than I started to consider buying a Woo3 but I've never listened to tube sound and there is no way to do that before I buy my amp (I need it fast, before leaving USA in two weeks). So I decided to not take the risk of buying something that I could dislike. I think tube sound isnt good for electronic songs and movies. So I'm looking for a good solid state amp in USA to drive the dt990 600.

But actually I'm considering in buying a hd650 (that has less ohms and maybe it's easy to drive) and giving up about the dt990 pro. Maybe the XP-7 + hd650 combination can give me better results than dt990 + xp7 or HR-2

Feb 1, 2011 at 12:53 PM Post #7 of 7
just look for an amp that's known to be a bit on the warm side, and you'll probably be happy.  I liked my 990/pro 250 more with SS than I do the 990/600.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back