Better Deal - Klipsch S4i for $99 or Klipsch X5 for $119 ??
Aug 3, 2010 at 5:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

dkarir

New Head-Fier

Hi,

I am thinking or buying a klipsch IEM headphone.  I listen to Bhangra/Bollywood music, that have lots of heavy drum beats. Here's an example....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlY-Ocn_0ko&feature=related just ignore the singers voice :)

I want the the bass to be punchy (can feel the sharp hard bass) but not boomy. I currently have the Sennheiser HD 212 pro. They make this video sound boomy.

Should I invest in the X10i ($349) instead? Are there ever any deals for the x10i. I really like the iPod controls.

Thanks any advice is appreciated.

Aug 3, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #3 of 9
Agreed. S4 for $99 is not so much a deal as it is a rip-off.  If you like bass, go for something in joker's hippo VB/fisher eterna/brainwavz R03 triumvirate. None of those should cost you more than $80 brand new, and less if used.

Aug 3, 2010 at 7:40 PM Post #4 of 9
thanks guys, you are right S4i for 99 is not a deal but X5 for $119 does seem to be. I'm just not sure if i should get the X5 or wait for the X10i to become cheaper .... $150 range. At the same time the S4i have great reviews from cnet and other places.

This is so confusing !!
confused_face_2.gif

Aug 3, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #5 of 9
Go for one of Joker's favorites. The Klipsch image line is old, to be honest. It won't provide the value that it used to, even at $120 or $150. Remember those are single BA phones.

Aug 3, 2010 at 7:59 PM Post #6 of 9
Considering you can grab their Custom 3 off eBay for $99 now, those are terrible deals.  The Custom 3 is better than the X10(Klipsch's own words), and you're looking at the S4 and X5 at that price point.  No deal I say.

Aug 3, 2010 at 9:00 PM Post #7 of 9
The X5 is far superior to the S4.  I have listened to both.  The X5 are my favorites of many I've tried.  The S4 got overhyped here.  They are OK for the price but the balance is not good and the bass is bloated.  The X5 has very good balance and a good punch in the bass.  If you can get them for $119, it's a great deal.

Aug 3, 2010 at 10:23 PM Post #8 of 9
The X5 is a very good deal at $119. Make sure you get a good seal or the bass will be non-existent. The Klipsch oval tips didn't work for me but the Sony hybrids made the X5 come alive. I have the Custom 3 as well and though it's harder to fit, when you get it right it's even better than the X5. 

Aug 4, 2010 at 7:34 AM Post #9 of 9
Go for the X5, that's an awesome price. I actually liked them better than the more expensive X10, where the bass felt like it was too much and the fit was too intrusive. By comparison the X5 has a taut and punchy low end that doesn't intrude into the other frequencies, and they sounded "faster" to me, which I liked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back