Best Wireless Headphones for Sound?
Jan 3, 2019 at 11:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

MrCus

New Head-Fier
Hi. I am looking for some new daily drivers, used for both for PC and phone. The most important thing to me is sound quality. I listen to many different types of music (Rock, EDM, Pop, Jazz). I like good bass, but not too overpowering.

It must also be comfortable to wear for hours (like when i watch movies, youtube etc.) I also want them to look good (i really like the momentum look).

My budget is around $350. Noice cancelling is not very important to me, since there is not much noice where i live, and don't travel all the time :)

I have looked at some different headphones, and i would love if someone could say which ones of these they like, or have experience with:

PSB M4U 8: They look a bit bulky, but i have head the sound is amazing. It is on sale where i live now for $350.

Sony WH1000-XM2: Heard the sound is great and customizable. I have also heard they are better than the QC35 which is the reason it is not on this list. It is in my budget range, while XM3 is not.

Audio Technica ATH-DSR7BT: Heard they are very good in both sound and comfort.

Sennheiser PXC550: They look comfortable and have heard good things about the sound.

Sennheiser Momentum 2: Just like the PXC550, just a little cheaper and i have heard the sound is not as good.

I also found two pair of gaming headsets which i have heard good things about:

Steelseries Arctis Pro: They look sexy and i have heard the sound is the best along with...

Astro A50: They are a bit older, but still very popular.

What do you guys think?

Jan 4, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #2 of 2
Hi @MrCus,

Hands down on your list is the 1000 XM 2 & I would also add the M 3, you can't go wrong with either but the more important thing is the sound quality is exceptional as is the Noise Cancelling.
Though that doesn't seem to be your preference.

Anyway, I suggest demo as much as possible to make a decision but with Sony, very hard to go wrong, especially if you have a device which supports LDAC.

Hope you have a great day !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back