BEST VALUE ''around 100-300$'' CHIFI & NEWCOMERS IEM with REFERENCE List (no BIG brands here)
May 2, 2020 at 8:22 PM Post #436 of 592
The H40 is an awesome IEM. All it needs is some wide bore tips ( Azla Sedna are perfect) and about 100 hours of burn it and these IEM's are really hard to beat, unless you have a large wallet.

May 2, 2020 at 9:55 PM Post #437 of 592
Finally have some time to type up a reply on this. I will say that there actually are some similarities in timbre, I feel like vocals have a similar "color" on both sets. They also have some similarities in sound stage width. The Blon has more and "softer" mid bass, Oxygen has leaner and better textured bass, and the Oxygen has more upper treble sparkle/air.

The biggest difference makers between them are detail retrieval, imaging, layering and sound stage width/height, Oxygen is noticeably superior for all of those things to my ears. There's certainly an element of diminishing returns in this comparison though, while I think the Oxygen is better, street prices put it at 10x the price of the Blon and I wouldn't call it 10x better. I've enjoyed spending a lot of time getting reacquainted with the Blon this week to do this comparison. Oxygen is better though, and I struggle to think of a time when I'll reach for the Blon over my Oxygen if I'm sitting at home at my desktop rig.

Thanks for the helpful comparison, good stuff!

I read that some folks had an issue with the short nozzle of the Tanchjim Oxygen. I know a lot of people had the same issue with the BLON BL-03 though.

Diminishing returns are for sure gonna be present the higher u go up in the hobby. I've had the Tanchjim Oxygen on my wishlist for almost a year, but it was never sufficiently discounted for me to pull the trigger. Oh well.

Jun 4, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #438 of 592
have you tried the mesh modded blon? Would be interesting comparing mesh mod blon vs oxygen.
All of the stuff I've ordered from China over the past several months has just started showing up in bunches, including the replacement mesh filters, so I've tried the Blon mod. I don't think it really changes the comparison between the Blon and the Oxygen much in my mind. Blon has a bit more clarity with the filter replacement compared to it's stock configuration. The mod doesn't really help the Blon compete with the Oxygen when it comes to things like imaging and "3D" soundstage, Blon still seems to have more width than depth and height, whereas Oxygen has a more well rounded stage and more precise imaging and placement. Oxygen's treble still seems crisper and airier than the modified Blon imo too.

Jun 5, 2020 at 5:35 AM Post #439 of 592
All of the stuff I've ordered from China over the past several months has just started showing up in bunches, including the replacement mesh filters, so I've tried the Blon mod. I don't think it really changes the comparison between the Blon and the Oxygen much in my mind. Blon has a bit more clarity with the filter replacement compared to it's stock configuration. The mod doesn't really help the Blon compete with the Oxygen when it comes to things like imaging and "3D" soundstage, Blon still seems to have more width than depth and height, whereas Oxygen has a more well rounded stage and more precise imaging and placement. Oxygen's treble still seems crisper and airier than the modified Blon imo too.
Thanks.

Always fun to get everything at once and overwhelm you :joy:

Jun 5, 2020 at 6:52 PM Post #440 of 592
Order placed on H40. The waiting game begins.
I have a feeling it will be a while until i get it.

I have RAH also, and I’m curious about H40 comparison!
I didn’t buy because someone said Rah and H40 are pretty similar, but RAH is definitely better.
I also own Ikko OH10 and Shaling ME500s but are everyone different.

Jun 5, 2020 at 7:38 PM Post #441 of 592
Shuoer 2020 news!

A9AC0911-8A27-4300-A002-C5AA5CA3E419.jpeg
5028549E-39E2-4179-9367-F729C9D08F56.jpeg

Jun 5, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #443 of 592
So I grabbed a couple of cheaper IEMs just because I love single-DD IEMs and I gotta say, I am pretty damn impressed with the BLON BL-03. I even don't mind the fit! I think the KB-EAR Diamond might be a more technically impressive IEM in the bass area but the mid & treble tuning is more natural on the BL-03.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2020 at 12:28 AM Post #445 of 592
Fair enough. Then lemme speak up for my kinda rediscovering the FD-X1. It's JVC but the technicalities are legit and worth discussing in this price range. Tuning's another matter... With EQ to something more Harman-like, it's not leaving my DAP.

Jun 6, 2020 at 12:50 AM Post #446 of 592
Nominating KEF Motion One and Kennerton Ikiz.

Jun 23, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #450 of 592
Hi everyone, first time poster here, so be nice :wink:

Based on the reviews from this thread I got the Tri I3 and paired it with the Meizu DAC Pro Dongle. Thank you for this tip, I am very impressed by them. The sound is awesome, better than any other IEM I have owned. Details and separation are two things that stand out for me.

After the first purchase was such a smashing success, I am curious where to I can move on from the point I am at. Since the Tri I3 are described as having a relaxed signature I was wondering how an IEM with the same (or better) level of technicalities but a more energetic tuning sounds like. Is there such a thing in the range up to 300$? Two suggestions from this thread I am looking at would be the Isn H40 or the LZ A6. Are these a possible way to go?

Also, while by no means uncomfortable I would prefer something with a smaller shell. Another point where improvement seems possible is the driveability. The I3 only starts to show it's full potential at rather high volumes. I would prefer to listen to my music at a lower level.

Thanks everyone for the tips so far, this is a great forum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back