Best under a 100$ preferbly way under, or multiple options
Dec 26, 2012 at 1:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

AudioTroll

100+ Head-Fier
I'm back, since both player and cable broke on me :/

now I have to make a choice, a cheap,and I mean dirt cheap, DAP and new cable, or a tab (smartq s7, after alot of research)

Is the Sansa clip+ still the way to go on a budget?

the tab has andriod 4.1 a  TI OMAP 4430, ARM Cortex-A9 dual core, 1GHz; GPU: PowerVR SGX 540,
and again after some reading it should have a nice sound.
but I have not found any reviews. only know thats it's a pretty decent chipset.

so basiclly, input please?

sansa clip+ and a new cable for my senn HD-25's
or
the smartq tab with some ultra cheap sony buds for now,
until I can save up for a new cable?
the tab is 150$
the one cable I can find (and sort of afford) is about 90$ and the clip+ is about 60$

I owned a clip+,actually 3.. and for me batterylife is on the small side,would it be helped by,say a fiio e6?

sorry if this post just is confusing, if it is, it is so because I am...

to many choises,to little money..

no music at all at the moment and it makes my brain go  *gnnhghfffhgg*

any input appreciated

Dec 27, 2012 at 3:24 AM Post #2 of 3
If you're that short on $$ get a sansa clip (zip?).  I believe all the sansa clips are pretty similar with the exception of physical look.  I'm pretty happy with my clip zip, I use it for running and working out and it is awesome for what it is.

It's not the prettiest dap ever but if you're on a budget go ahead and get one for cheap.  Heck, get the smallest one and a 32gb microsd card.

Spend the rest of your budget on decent headphones or earbuds.  That will make tons more difference than the difference between the clip and a different dap.

Dec 27, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #3 of 3
if you're interested i have a blue 4GB sansa fuze (with rockbox 3.11.2 installed) i could part with

Users who are viewing this thread

Back