1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Best under a 100$ preferbly way under, or multiple options

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by audiotroll, Dec 26, 2012.
  1. AudioTroll
    I'm back, since both player and cable broke on me :/

now I have to make a choice, a cheap,and I mean dirt cheap, DAP and new cable, or a tab (smartq s7, after alot of research)

Is the Sansa clip+ still the way to go on a budget?

the tab has andriod 4.1 a  TI OMAP 4430, ARM Cortex-A9 dual core, 1GHz; GPU: PowerVR SGX 540,
    and again after some reading it should have a nice sound.
    but I have not found any reviews. only know thats it's a pretty decent chipset.

so basiclly, input please?

sansa clip+ and a new cable for my senn HD-25's
    or
    the smartq tab with some ultra cheap sony buds for now,
    until I can save up for a new cable?
    the tab is 150$
    the one cable I can find (and sort of afford) is about 90$ and the clip+ is about 60$

I owned a clip+,actually 3.. and for me batterylife is on the small side,would it be helped by,say a fiio e6?

sorry if this post just is confusing, if it is, it is so because I am...

to many choises,to little money..

no music at all at the moment and it makes my brain go  *gnnhghfffhgg*

any input appreciated

2. ZeNmAc
    If you're that short on $$ get a sansa clip (zip?).  I believe all the sansa clips are pretty similar with the exception of physical look.  I'm pretty happy with my clip zip, I use it for running and working out and it is awesome for what it is.

It's not the prettiest dap ever but if you're on a budget go ahead and get one for cheap.  Heck, get the smallest one and a 32gb microsd card.

Spend the rest of your budget on decent headphones or earbuds.  That will make tons more difference than the difference between the clip and a different dap.

3. necropimp
    if you're interested i have a blue 4GB sansa fuze (with rockbox 3.11.2 installed) i could part with