Best triple flanges for the Q-Jays?
May 14, 2011 at 3:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Kartellen

Head-Fier
Okay, So up until yesterday I used the triple flanges that came with my Meelectronics M6... They stayed on the tips but would come off really easy, so I put a little bit of shrinking tube over the tip tube, so it would be a little bit tighter. It worked, for a while... yesterday, one tip got stuck in my ear canal, pretty deep actually, and it was very hard to get it out. So I'm not gonna use those tips with the Q-Jays any more
tongue.gif

Soooo, I've read somewhere that Etymotic and Shure triple flanges are supposed to fit the Q-Jays, my question is; how good is the fit? Should I worry about the tips getting stuck in my ears? Is the "tip tube" wider or smaller than the nozzle on the Q-Jays?
Is there anything better or should I go ahead and spend $8.25 for a pair of Shure triple flanges (white)?

To sum it up; I need some comfortable triple flanges for my Q-Jays, that won't come off the nozzle and get stuck in my ears.
 ​
 ​

May 14, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #2 of 6
The Ety and Shure flanges are made for smaller(~2.5mm) nozzles than the q-JAYS. I actually like the tips that came with my q so I never had the need to try anything else. You might be able to stretch them on as I do with the CK10, 5mm nozzle. Unfortunately I am away for the weekend and don't have my q with me to confirm this.

May 15, 2011 at 8:08 AM Post #3 of 6
Q-jays have 3mm nozzles and according to this multi review threat you can see which other iems have the same nozzle size. for example klipsch s4 do. You can search ebay for example for 3mm triflanges.

Btw the threat i told you says that etymotic er4s has the same nozzle with q-jays and not 2.5mm. Maybe the previous poster knows more.

Anyway can you post here the link for the 8.25$ triflanges so i can buy them myself?

EDIT:
Here is the threat i forgot to attach.
Btw i thought you were talking about a package of 3. You can get a 3 pair packag for 14$ in ebay like here. Unless you only need one and dont plan to lose them.

May 15, 2011 at 8:23 AM Post #4 of 6
Thanks for the answers guys.

Quote:
Anyway can you post here the link for the 8.25$ triflanges so i can buy them myself?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Shure-Triple-Flange-Sleeve-etymotic-ea306-EATFL1-6-/290542412465?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a5ad62b1

They're $5 + $3.25 in shipping to Sweden, and since you live in Europe too I guess the shipping is (almost) the same for you.

May 15, 2011 at 8:57 AM Post #5 of 6
See my edited post please and please keep in mind that not all shure tips fit q-jays.

I think this tips are the exact size but the ones you told me are for other shure models.

Look this seller how many different tri flanges he sells.

Last, meelectronics a151 have the same nozzle and when they buy the meelec includes 3flanges. The problem is that they dont sell 3flanges in their accessories section. Maybe they will add them if we email them.

May 23, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #6 of 6
The q-JAYS and ER-4 are not the same size but they are close enough because the triple flange tips can stretch quite a bit.

Using my digital caliper I measured:
ER-4S = 3.50 millimeters
q-JAYS = 4.25 millimeters

As I said its not too critical because they can be stretched. I was able to fit the Shure, Etymoic, and Westone triples on my q-JAYS.

These here are my favorite because they are a little softer and more comfortable. I order the large stem version because I can trim them for a perfect fit. They work well on the all the IEMS in my signature. http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/roauprtrflti.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back