Best sub $25 headphones
Mar 13, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #31 of 48
Quote:
I actually just ordered the monoprice 8323 headphones because i heard the sound is pretty good, that they come with a detachable cord, that they come with two cords (one long cord and one short cord), and that they have pretty good sound isolation. For all that i spent $30! Thank you guys for all your help! I will be sure to keep you posted on how the headphones are 
smily_headphones1.gif

I always forget to mention this and I hope it doesn't become a problem for you, but technically, at least for me anyway the monoprice 8323's aren't exactly 20-25 dollars, more like around 40-45 dollars

this is due to the fact that I find the stock pads garbage and uncomfortable. this might not be an issue for you as your ears are most likely not going to be shaped like mine, but I found the pads too small and they sat right on my ear, I switched them out with ath m50 pads almost immediately, not only are the more plush and overall more comfortable, but theyre fully circaumaural now, love my monoprices now

Mar 13, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #32 of 48
Quote:
Good luck with em. I'd love to give em a listen. They'd probably be a little too veiled for my taste, though.

They were to rolled off in the highs for my liking, so I cut out the thick padding on the earcups.  I also spaced out the earcups with some tubing.  The last change was to add a silver cable.  Now they sound much better to my ears.  Actually, they are simply amazing compared to the much more expensive phones in my collection.

Mar 14, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #35 of 48
My pick is the Superlux HD 681. With a little equilisation it can sond as good as a DT880.

Mar 14, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #37 of 48
I didn't know the thread had changed... I thought is was our thoughts on Sub $25 headphones... :confused:

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Mar 15, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #40 of 48
So the headphones just came today and i really was not expecting the high quality of sound for these $30 (yes, i went a little over budget) headphones! For my taste i think the highs are very nice for the price (not the best but hey, $30). The mids are very very nice as well, i was simply astonished at the quality of the mids at this price! The lows are nice as well (like i said not the best, but very good). After listening to some miles davis on these i really felt that it was the first time i was actually truly hearing miles' music. Ambient music sounded very clear and not like i was just hearing random sounds clumped together. And about the comfort, i really think it feels very nice and not uncomfortable at all. All this, along with a detachable cord, a fold up action, and much more i really think that this headphone is perfect for me. I was about to order the koss headphones suggested here but just could not over look all the awesome features that came with the Monoprice headphones. They are not the greatest, but with all these features and the very nice sound quality, i really think these are the best for $30.
of course they wont beat the sound quality of the koss headphones and won't beat the comfort of most of the headphones suggested here, but i do think that they are very nice, well rounded headphones. And again, thank you guys for all your help. It is really appreciated! 
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #41 of 48
Enjoy the Monoprice's they are a great can for the price. Mine have the $12 eBay universal headband (pull the little 3 pad one off first it's just rubber glued there) if you pick one up. I also have the Pearstone Deluxe Velour pads as well, most comfortable 8323's around. :D

Mar 15, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #42 of 48
And welcome to the 8323 club that we all enjoy and others just sneer at... :D

Mar 22, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #45 of 48
If you don't mind spending an extra $6.99, the JVC HA-RX700's are on Amazon for $31.99 free shipping.  Sound really nice for the price and are articles and mods on the net for them.  I own these and am impressed by their sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back