CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 7, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #13,501 of 31,833
Picked up my Audimi Y02 and Lafi En303 in blue a couple of hours ago, and have been road testing both with some flac tunes, sadly it's not all great news

Firstly the Audimi are indeed a rebranded Trn v20 with the same cable too, shame the damn thing is faulty.
Definitely a lower volume in the left side, and after trying a KZ 2 pin cable in them it's the cable at fault .
Not that that's much of an issue as I have tons of cables that fit, but still annoying.
Anyway they do sound beautiful, great performance through the sound spectrum nice sub bass with some really forward mids, which are absolutely gorgeous.
And a detailed but non sibilant treble, actually sound better than the V80.
Mind you all this is when I hold them in place as I simply cannot get them to fit properly. Not one tip I've tried will seal in my ear, even my go to tips just wont stay there. So at the moment I'm deliberating whether to send them back.

Unfortunately the Same applies to the Lafi, but at least the cable isn't duff.
they sound completely different with a very balanced and neutral sound, very pleasing to listen to indeed.
But they just don't fit at all .Cannot get a seal whatsoever. The Tips included are a waste of time for me and none of mine fit either. So I'm having to hold them in .

So I'm going to try a few more things but at the moment not that happy with either if they won't fit.

20181007_123319.jpg

I had the same issue with the V20s. I had to place a rubber washer on before the tip. A spacer can also be made from cutting a slice off an unused tip. With the spacer I use a KZ starline tip and was able to get a good seal. The V20s are worth the effort.

Oct 7, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #13,504 of 31,833
I wish BQEYZ would explain the difference between these models. They are all seemingly the same.
At least QKZ earphones are all varied, just look like everyone else's :)

Oct 7, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #13,505 of 31,833
I wish BQEYZ would explain the difference between these models. They are all seemingly the same.

Per them -
KB1 = wired
KB100 = w/BT cable

Oct 7, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #13,506 of 31,833
What kind of discounts are we expecting there? Never bought anything on 11/11, so unsure of it.

usually a few dollars off - 10%-15% kind of thing but every once in awhile you get one closer to 50%. Last year Tin Audio T2 could be had for $29 and the Hi-Senior b5 was a good bit off too.

Oct 7, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #13,507 of 31,833
usually a few dollars off - 10%-15% kind of thing but every once in awhile you get one closer to 50%. Last year Tin Audio T2 could be had for $29 and the Hi-Senior b5 was a good bit off too.
One seller had the King Pro reduced by 35% last 11/11 and the Nine Tails was 30% off during last sale (not 11/11) from same seller, both of which I purchased.

Oct 7, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #13,509 of 31,833
Thanks guys. I was thinking like if we could end up seeing like 120$ IEMs going down to like 90 (Thus suitable for the thread), as well as 60$ IEM dropping to 40. So well, I should take it a bit like black friday on Amazon, for example, right? You can get one or two bargains, but on most things you are only saving like 10%.

Oct 7, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #13,510 of 31,833
Been spending some time last night and today with the last shipment of a recent IEM purchasing binge, the NICEHCK EP35. I agree with everybody here that wrote reviews about it here, really neutral tuning, probably the most neutral IEMs I currently own. It's a really great compliment to all the v-shaped IEMs you normally see, it's very nice for vocals (been using them to listen to CSNY, The Band and Fleetwood Mac this afternoon and all the harmonies sound great). I haven't noticed anything close to sibilance or pierce in the upper ranges, very clean mids and treble presentation that should stand up to extended listening sessions.

Only downside, as others have noted, is the fit. That big oval "face" at the base of the nozzle presses against my ear before I can get a solid seal when wearing them straight down, and there's essentially no bass with that fit, so I was really disappointed at first. But I've found that wearing them upside down with the cable over-ear (and with double-flanged tips) gets a nice seal, which brought out a mellow but accurate low end.

There still is too much contact with that oval plate on my ear, which I don't particularly like. I need to get some keyboard o-rings to use as a spacer for the tips to see if that can help out. Also, the included cable is too short to wear the cable over-ear, so I had to swap it out. I probably would've done so anyways even if the stock cable was long enough to wear it that way, it is stiff and not particularly comfortable when wearing it over-ear.

On the whole, I am happy with the purchase. It's really smooth and easy to listen to, and is a nice budget choice for a neutral IEM, if you can work with the shape/fit.

This was also my first purchase from NICEHCK 's aliexpress store, and delivery was super quick compared to every other seller I've ordered from on aliexpress. I'll definitely order from them again in the future.

Oct 7, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #13,511 of 31,833

I had the same issue with the V20s. I had to place a rubber washer on before the tip. A spacer can also be made from cutting a slice off an unused tip. With the spacer I use a KZ starline tip and was able to get a good seal. The V20s are worth the effort.

Alternatively you can also use some O-rings for mechanical keyboards to achieve the same result (pack of 120 for $1), which I have done right here:

QQZHaE6.jpg

These combined with the KZ whirlwind tips personally give me the best seal and sound. I'm actually very shocked that the V20 only cost around $15 now, which is insanely cheap for such a good and professional sounding pair of IEMs.

Oct 8, 2018 at 4:49 AM Post #13,512 of 31,833
HOLY SH!T the most scariest thing just happened with my QT2 :scream::scream:

I was in the middle of gaming and suddenly the right ear became very "weird" sounding, like a kind of "phasing" effect.

Then it completely lost sound in the BA (DD's still making sound at the back vents), and it made this very "squeaky" noise when I tried to shove it in my ears again.

I assumed the squeaky noise was due to air trapped inside the earpiece, so I blew into the nozzles but that didn't help.

Then after losing all hope, I finally decided to pry off the metal mesh which unexpectedly restored the sound back.

Damn you QT2, don't go off scaring me like that!! :joy:

Oct 8, 2018 at 6:29 AM Post #13,513 of 31,833
Hey guys did somebody tested and heard Audbos p4 ? They started this year as 200$ but now on Aliexpress , they start at 80$ lol . It is some ripoff ? Or copy or its rebranded ? Anyway .. For the Price they are really interesting .

I ordered the Tenhz P4 Pro IEM from Massdrop a few weeks ago and they are supposed to be a rebrand of the Audbos p4 so I'll let you know how they sound when I get them. There is a review of the Audbos p4 on here that says they are very good for the price and that was back when they were like $120 https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/audbos-p4.22971/reviews

Audbos and Tenhz are the same company (split off from Magaosi, became Audbos, then renamed to Tenhz), the P4 Pro is a refined version of the P4 (based on the company's blurb). Some like the P4 tuning, some like the Pro more. Its up to your sound preference. Both are around $100 (official price from their taobao store, but you're gonna have to order from aliexpress if you want the P4, Audbos/Tenhz only sell the Pro now)

Oct 8, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #13,514 of 31,833
Thanks guys. I was thinking like if we could end up seeing like 120$ IEMs going down to like 90 (Thus suitable for the thread), as well as 60$ IEM dropping to 40. So well, I should take it a bit like black friday on Amazon, for example, right? You can get one or two bargains, but on most things you are only saving like 10%.

There’s no guarantees, as the prices and discounts are set by the seller. Some individual items are 50% off, others are not discounted at all. I’m sure it depends on the profit margin, competition from other sellers, etc.

Basically you just gotta wait and see.

Oct 8, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #13,515 of 31,833
Audbos and Tenhz are the same company (split off from Magaosi, became Audbos, then renamed to Tenhz), the P4 Pro is a refined version of the P4 (based on the company's blurb). Some like the P4 tuning, some like the Pro more. Its up to your sound preference. Both are around $100 (official price from their taobao store, but you're gonna have to order from aliexpress if you want the P4, Audbos/Tenhz only sell the Pro now)

Thanks a lot , Btw Can u compare whats difference in their sound signature ? And how they compare to Whizzers A15pro if u heard them ( They are trully amazing with balanced cable , outclassing Ibasso IT01 )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back