CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 17, 2018 at 7:58 PM Post #11,927 of 31,833
E-MI CI880 is the same as Estron/Timmkoo C630. The upgrade version is C631 (E-MI CI980). 2BA+DD. You can find it here as JoyPlus JP1: https://www.amazon.com/balanced-armature-microphone-headphones-compatible/dp/B073F866FK
ES660 (C660) has the same drivers as C630, but looks different. E-MI doesn't sell it.
HTB1orxTXC3PL1JjSZFtq6AlRVXaB.jpg

When you say this is an "upgrade", would you mind clarifying that statement?

Assuming it's correct in that it has the same drivers as the CI-880, the it appears that they all they did was simply add an extra BA. Well, the treble of the CI-880 is awfully hot for a lot of people. The Amazon review isn't exactly glowing, and backs up my fears about the treble.

I personally love the tuning of the CI-880, but it is just about at the limits of my treble tolerance. I personally wouldn't want any more.

Therefore, if all EMI did was add a 2nd identical BA in the nozzle (with no other changes), that doesn't exactly sound like an upgrade (unless the CI-880 didn't have enough treble for you).

And I understand that the shell is different and therefore could have different tuning via the shell.

I'm going to wait for another HeadFier to try it out first before I decide what do to. If it is a true upgrade to the CI-880, I'm all for it because CI-880 a great IEM!

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2018 at 8:09 PM Post #11,928 of 31,833
Thanks! Do you happen to know what Comply Foam model would fit them?

The nozzle is 5.5mm.

So T400/T500 Comply would work. Or New Bee foams. Or T400/T500 generics from Aliexpress.

Jul 17, 2018 at 8:54 PM Post #11,931 of 31,833
Under $50.
I love the Tennmak Piano for around 20-25.00 bucks, especially for bass heavy music. It has quality subbass for daayyysss, lol.
Also, the Magaosi K3pro sounds very good with those genres.
One of my favorites that is highly tip dependent is the tennmak crazy cello. With the right tip and seal, they sound darn amazing with any genres, and really pump out quality bass if it's in the recording.

Jul 17, 2018 at 9:18 PM Post #11,932 of 31,833
Therefore, if all EMI did was add a 2nd identical BA in the nozzle (with no other changes), that doesn't exactly sound like an upgrade (unless the CI-880 didn't have enough treble for you).

And I understand that the shell is different and therefore could have different tuning via the shell.

Couple of thoughts

Doubling up the driver doesn't have to mean it produces additional volume or power in the treble. Depending on wiring it may be that each driver is driven 1/2 as hard to avoid the distortion that comes with pushing a single driver past its limits.
this could result in a more mellow version than the single driver if it was approaching its limit.

Also, different shell would effect a Dynamic or vented BA but a sealed unit BA should be immune to shell changes. Changing the length or diameter of the sound bore would have an impact, but the shell should be a non-factor.

Jul 17, 2018 at 10:49 PM Post #11,933 of 31,833
I love the Tennmak Piano for around 20-25.00 bucks, especially for bass heavy music. It has quality subbass for daayyysss, lol.
Also, the Magaosi K3pro sounds very good with those genres.
One of my favorites that is highly tip dependent is the tennmak crazy cello. With the right tip and seal, they sound darn amazing with any genres, and really pump out quality bass if it's in the recording.

+1 on the Magaosi K3 Pro

Jul 17, 2018 at 10:52 PM Post #11,934 of 31,833
Couple of thoughts

Doubling up the driver doesn't have to mean it produces additional volume or power in the treble. Depending on wiring it may be that each driver is driven 1/2 as hard to avoid the distortion that comes with pushing a single driver past its limits.
this could result in a more mellow version than the single driver if it was approaching its limit.

Also, different shell would effect a Dynamic or vented BA but a sealed unit BA should be immune to shell changes. Changing the length or diameter of the sound bore would have an impact, but the shell should be a non-factor.

It is a hybrid, so it does have a dynamic driver.

But I get what you're saying. The BAs could be wired few different ways (series vs parallel), plus there could be crossover components added to tweak the sound.

And the 2nd BA may even be a different model (like KZ did on the ZSR and ED16).

I'm still holding off and letting someone else be the guinea pig 1st. I'm trying to cut back :)

Jul 18, 2018 at 12:30 AM Post #11,935 of 31,833
Hi I'm new here. I always have loved China products and recently discover the power of chifi.

I'm looking for a nice iem with detailed vocals and nice deep bass. If mid bass is good, that will be nice. Soundstage is a bonus.

My budget is $100 to $150. Prefers a comfortable plug in directly iem instead of over ear.. am I asking too much? Haha

Jul 18, 2018 at 2:09 AM Post #11,937 of 31,833
Guys, can you help me with eartips? How do different eartips change sound? I have long narrow ones, they tend to lower bass, And short but wide ones, they are good, but rly too short, not comfortable. Foams.. Donno, not a fan.

It’s can be different for each person, depending on the size and shape of your ear canal, as well as other factors.

No one can tell really tell you what will be best for you. You just have to try different tips and see which ones you like best. It’s called “tip rolling”.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #11,938 of 31,833
When you say this is an "upgrade", would you mind clarifying that statement?

Assuming it's correct in that it has the same drivers as the CI-880, the it appears that they all they did was simply add an extra BA. Well, the treble of the CI-880 is awfully hot for a lot of people. The Amazon review isn't exactly glowing, and backs up my fears about the treble.

I personally love the tuning of the CI-880, but it is just about at the limits of my treble tolerance. I personally wouldn't want any more.

I'm going to wait for another HeadFier to try it out first before I decide what do to. If it is a true upgrade to the CI-880, I'm all for it because CI-880 a great IEM!
I used the word "upgrade" mostly in evolutional meaning. C631 was the Estron's flagship not long ago. Compared to C630 it's more expensive, has bigger DD, more BA drivers, better cable, and slightly different tuning. It's a strange thing, but I can't find any customers feedback on Amazon anymore. There were a lot of them several months ago. And the only full review in Japanese language (http://blog.livedoor.jp/rev_/archives/20802731.html) is also removed. As far as I remember the author said that C631 has more detailed sound with better mids. So the only available feedback now is located here in the Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chi...phones-and-iems.820747/page-666#post-13594473
The common point of almost all estrons is a combination of the treble BA driver (the same Estron-Bellsing 30095 (WBFK clones) family as in KZ earphones) with the 7.8 mm DD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back