Received

Rose north forest.....

That's my review up there......
No words to define this piece of hardware

And no burn needed

Used symbio tips to seal
No fans, only silent AC running.

Phantom bass test: Pass

This seriously takes away Rose aurora, zhiyin z5000, KZ zsr in bass response.

Bass: not over exaggerated bass like the above iem, but these extends way deep for a small iem..waaayyy deep

Mid Bass: touch warmer and clear

Mids: clear and in check( Hifiman re800 style mids). Smooth and not over defined. They have their separate place and are fantastic.

Upper Mids: smoothness going on and on. Upper mids do justice to male and females vocal.

Treble: airy...airy...airy and airy. No end to air. Cymbal are a bit tingy sharp but its okay and no where to a level of high order sibilance.

Well a consumer iem tuned with perfection with loads of extension and dB in check.

And these don't sound anywhere like chi fi. Its sounds like Japanese tuning( EX1000 + MDR 7550 + MDR XB90ex and then putting all freq in check).

But it can't resolve that crazy like my super expensive collection.

It just takes on Hifiman re600 with a specific lead...

Hifiman re400 with bass boost and extension and hifiman re600 treble turned airy instead of smooth.

Turning a neutral iem into U shape.

Well

Pace: in pace and speedy
Rhythm: no colouration
Timing: a little slower than shure 846

Attack: only mid Bass attack and it slams like pure dynamic

Soundstage: Holographic

Image: a little less imaged I guess, but I can live with it

Rose nailed it.

@HungryPanda can share some more info about his experience

Damn, bro. I gave in and have ordered rose rose forest as well. First, magaosi x3 and now rose north forest. Guess, I'll have to stop reading your impressions/reviews, before i burn a huge hole in my wallet :wink:

Apr 21, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #9,557 of 31,833
Mass production of grapheme is only in Japan, China, Germany and USA and I hard to make.

I mean very hard, if it is a startup.

Graphene has all the ideal characteristic of a driver's cone.

Well most of the guys know that...

But a graphene cone can raise the price of iem due to small scale and its hard to give it a shape.

So a 7$ to 30$ jump is right jump.

But then this law comes in between..

The law of diminishing returns.

So i don't expect a lot from these earbuds...

Well, I will get somebody to buy and will try though

PT15 has already used a graphene driver and revised tuning for a while now (for <$10 including MMCX cable). I own (2) pairs. A 3-4x price increase for a slightly different magnet and voice coil sounds fishy.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #9,558 of 31,833
bobby.chips.gif

Apr 21, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #9,559 of 31,833
Damn, bro. I gave in and have ordered rose rose forest as well. First, magaosi x3 and now rose north forest. Guess, I'll have to stop reading your impressions/reviews, before i burn a huge hole in my wallet :wink:
PT15 has used a gaphene driver and revised tuning for a while now (for <$10 including MMCX cable). I own (2) pairs. A 3-4x price increase for a slightly different magnet and voice coil sounds fishy.

@Slater.....well it is not that fishy...

In the end, it matters on tuning.

Give a Haselblad camera to noobie, and he can't take worthwhile picture....

Give a smartphone to a pro photographer and he will click amazing photos..

So if they can really tune graphene...then it will be amazing set of earbuds to travel with..

Otherwise graphene can be worse than a paper cone, sibilant treble and shouty mids.

@manukmanohar

You should not buy iem on just mere suggestion....first know about yourself and what signature you like...everybody can't respect etymotic er4....to me, it sounded anaemic in bass and to thin....until ety released er4xr and I stole it from my friend(reimbursed him by getting him another pair on discount days)...

If you like bass, magaosi x3 won't pay you back....but for its limitless treble extension and smooth mids with a good reference tuning...it will..

For most of the guys here....

Rose north forest, TinAudio t1 is the best bet if detachable cable is not a issue

Otherwise niceHCK bro..

Neutral lover can get TinAudio t2.

For the people who want to buy kinera H3

Kinera H3 sounds like tralucent audio 1plus2 on drugs and steroid..

Tralucent sounds like grado and kinera takes that grado sound to another level.....which is sibilance .

Well TWFK vs dual tweeter does makes sense

Apr 21, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #9,560 of 31,833
Magaosi x3 is upgrade to @DarkZenith version of BGVP DS1....

A noticeable upgrade...but don't expect much from armature bass and its a CI driver and not a HODVTEC driver bass which has linear distortion.

So, CI driver creates an unnatural warmth if not tuned properly, otherwise a great driver.....and this CI driver is tuned but not exactly what I wanted it to be(some more improvements can be done).

HODVTEC creates much better bass in that regard.

Mids are stunning and treble is amazing. Cymbals are perfectly stitched within the sound, for some it can make them feel cymbals lack shimmer...but this is how proper tuning is.

Apr 21, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #9,562 of 31,833
Rose north forest vs aurora

Revisit.

Aurora is bass heavy and a little slower, but still a amazing piece of hardware.

North forest has that Japanese sound check to it, which sounds smooth and effortless.

Soundstage is bigger on aurora, but image is better on north forest

Soundscape goes to rose north forest as aurora is just a little bigger...but holographic presentation is won by north forest

Apr 21, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #9,565 of 31,833
Rose north forest vs aurora

Revisit.

Aurora is bass heavy and a little slower, but still a amazing piece of hardware.

North forest has that Japanese sound check to it, which sounds smooth and effortless.

Soundstage is bigger on aurora, but image is better on north forest

Soundscape goes to rose north forest as aurora is just a little bigger...but holographic presentation is won by north forest
Ok bought them as well....even though I don't like heavy bass iems, couldn't resist ... After all this is part of the fun... Penon shipped them already...

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #9,566 of 31,833
lets just say the Rose North Forest takes the prize

How about - Which (under $100) earphone, with MMCX connectors, would you say has the best sub-Bass? :ksc75smile:

Apr 21, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #9,568 of 31,833
finally ordered Rose North Forest after reading its impressions from the Headphoneus Supremus @HungryPanda and @dhruvmeena96
thank you guys for the advice

Apr 21, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #9,569 of 31,833
Getting slowly into summer mood. DZAT DF-10 went out today. They pair really nicely with books!
IMG_20180420_113643_956.jpg

Apr 21, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #9,570 of 31,833
Rhapsodio clipper(mmcx) and Sony xb90ex(non mmcx)

Controlled version of clipper is the rose aurora

I have the Rose Aurora, and it sounds pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back