CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 16, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #9,331 of 31,833
Should be. Early ones cane with a grey version. Personally I like those ones a bit more. Slightly stiffer material. The black ones are still great though. One of my fav tips, and they're inexpensive to boot.
I agree. I'd guess that something about the dips and depressions on the outside of the ear tip body just makes them sound better. I think its the same reason that the JVC Spiral dot sounds good. What's odd is how or why a change from the smooth surface of the typical ear tip makes the sonic difference. I suspect that it is along the lines of why golf balls have dimples so they go further than an identical smooth ball would. Laminar and turbulent flow and engineering beyond my area of study.

Simply though, they just sound good, are dirt cheap even excluding the 15 for a $1 deal and fit many of the IEMs out there.

Apr 17, 2018 at 1:13 AM Post #9,333 of 31,833
All the tip rolling talk recently got me to dig out my tips collection and after playing around, i found that i am missing my size M whirlwind tips xD

Then remb that @bsoplinger mentioned @Slater did a comparison on the KZs vs Tennmak and looked up on the KZ impressions thread that the seal of approval is given (i'm coming after u if my tips break lol)

So i saw that the Tennmak Piano is abt north of 10$ right now without the MMCX cable, and comes with a few pair of tips. So i am trying my luck to get all tips at size M which would be a steal!

Apr 17, 2018 at 1:20 AM Post #9,334 of 31,833
All the tip rolling talk recently got me to dig out my tips collection and after playing around, i found that i am missing my size M whirlwind tips xD

Then remb that @bsoplinger mentioned @Slater did a comparison on the KZs vs Tennmak and looked up on the KZ impressions thread that the seal of approval is given (i'm coming after u if my tips break lol)

So i saw that the Tennmak Piano is abt north of 10$ right now without the MMCX cable, and comes with a few pair of tips. So i am trying my luck to get all tips at size M which would be a steal!

Yup, you won't have any problems with the Tennmak Turbo tips. Much more robust than the fragile KZ tips.

Apr 17, 2018 at 2:26 AM Post #9,335 of 31,833
I know this isn't the place to ask, but can't find any info except out dated threads, and after getting some iems of this list, I trust you guys more then others, what are the best over ear cans for around 100 bucks?

Apr 17, 2018 at 2:54 AM Post #9,336 of 31,833
I know this isn't the place to ask, but can't find any info except out dated threads, and after getting some iems of this list, I trust you guys more then others, what are the best over ear cans for around 100 bucks?

Lemme ask you a few questions, so we can point you in the right direction:

1. What IEMs did you get, and did you like the way they sounded?

2. You looking for on ears or over ears?

3. How important is isolation (ie where will you be wearing these, and will it disturb you or others around you if sound leaks in or out)?

4. Are you going to be wearing them in public, where you’ll look like an idiot with giant headphones?

5. Do you need any special features, like folding hinges, Bluetooth, detachable cable, etc?

6. What are you going to be driving them with? Your phone? A DAP? Any amplifiers?

7. Do you have any odd physical features, like a giant melon head or huge ears?

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2018 at 3:07 AM Post #9,337 of 31,833
What IEMs did you get, and did you like the way they sounded?

You looking for on ears or over ears?

How important is isolation (ie where will you be wearing these, and will it disturb you or others around you if sound leaks in or out)?

Are you going to be wearing them in public, where you’ll look like an idiot with giant headphones?

Do you need any special features, like folding hinges, Bluetooth, detachable cable, etc?

What are you going to be driving them with? Your phone? A DAP? Any amplifiers?

Do you have any odd physical features, like a giant melon head or huge ears?
So far I have the kz zst, zs5, monk plus, ordered the tfz series 3, and about to pull the trigger on the t2, also planning on the ibasso it01, as Far as on ear I have the grado sr80e, and over ear m50x(got them cheap) but now my wife wants a good closed back pair, I hear for that price takstar pro 82, Sony mdrv6, creative aurvana live 2, and nvx xpt100 but I'm not sure if there are better options, she has fiio x1ii and a3 amp, I have zishan z1,z3,walnut 2,and waiting on f.audio s1, and walnut f1 amp we listen to hiphop, classic rock, and classical, I am building some woodie grados so I think we have the rock and classical genre covered, she didn't like the fit of m50x so now they are mine, small ears normal head no Bluetooth needed, she wanted something light wait and slightly bassy

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2018 at 5:07 AM Post #9,338 of 31,833
Starline isn't an official name. Just a fan name.

*Edit: Just searched "KZ tips" on AliExpress and the first two of three results that came up are the Starlines *

Edit 2: ebay link. https://m.ebay.com/itm/15-Pairs-Lar...823455?hash=item3ae62d2cdf:g:i0oAAOSwK6RZMNMH

No idea if the seller is any good. Only thing I've bought off ebay are LZ A5 filters.

Both of my orders from this same seller have arrived within 7-10 days from China to US.. Makes me wonder why other orders from China take so long....hmmmm

Apr 17, 2018 at 6:04 AM Post #9,339 of 31,833
Both of my orders from this same seller have arrived within 7-10 days from China to US.. Makes me wonder why other orders from China take so long....hmmmm

6F125465-CACD-4C42-80EC-DA886ECF356A.jpeg

Apr 17, 2018 at 6:46 AM Post #9,341 of 31,833
Was going to pull the trigger on TinAudio T2 for 49 usd and saw Kinera seed for the same, I'm confused help.

What exactly are you looking for in an earphone? SEED is flashier looking with a more comfortable, low profile design and better isolation. Sound is good, but lacks a bit of micro-detail, sub-bass emphasis, and the general refinement of the T2. Personally I think the T2 is the better earphone for critical listening, though the SEED is better as a daily driver due to the aforementioned isolation and comfort.

Apr 17, 2018 at 6:58 AM Post #9,342 of 31,833
What exactly are you looking for in an earphone? SEED is flashier looking with a more comfortable, low profile design and better isolation. Sound is good, but lacks a bit of micro-detail, sub-bass emphasis, and the general refinement of the T2. Personally I think the T2 is the better earphone for critical listening, though the SEED is better as a daily driver due to the aforementioned isolation and comfort.

Thank you Sir, I guess I'll order the T2 from penon now, but that price tag of 49 USD is fair enough?

Apr 17, 2018 at 6:59 AM Post #9,343 of 31,833
want a bit more bass and plastic body get the seed, metal body with a flatter signature get the T2. Both a great iems so I'm sure you would be happy with either

Apr 17, 2018 at 7:33 AM Post #9,345 of 31,833
Probably not the best time to get the Tin T2 now at the moment.

During the recent sale, with a combination of multiple coupons, and combined purchase value discounts, I snagged mine for under US$29/-.
There are often sales that drop the price to around US$36~39/- every month or two. Best is to look out for it if you think the current Us$49/- is a little pricey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back