CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 13, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #9,167 of 31,833
Well can anybody compare

Vsonic gr07 vs iBasso it01

@crinacle ranks GR07 above IT03 and I quite like his list and his unbiased approach. He recently commented about IT01 - 'A V-shaped Chinese dynamic, no surprises here. Would call it run-of-the-mill for a $100 IEM. No complaints.'
I highly doubt that he would rank IT01 above IT03 (that would put it in the same boat as GR07).

Apr 13, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #9,168 of 31,833
He seems to be a bit of a vsonic fanbois though so I'd take the unbiased comment with a grain of salt. With most reviews of the IT03 and IT01 being extremely positive, his comments are the outlier which has to make you wonder. In fairness to him, he may have gotten a pair that didn't perform as well as normal or a bad pairing etc. Not suggesting it is necessarily intentional as none of us get ahold of a sample size that is truly large enough to draw any significant conclusions. It is never a good idea to base your decision on any single review or reviewer or even any single listening session.

Apr 13, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #9,170 of 31,833
He seems to be a bit of a vsonic fanbois though so I'd take the unbiased comment with a grain of salt. With most reviews of the IT03 and IT01 being extremely positive, his comments are the outlier which has to make you wonder. In fairness to him, he may have gotten a pair that didn't perform as well as normal or a bad pairing etc. Not suggesting it is necessarily intentional as none of us get ahold of a sample size that is truly large enough to draw any significant conclusions. It is never a good idea to base your decision on any single review or reviewer or even any single listening session.

Oh, I absolutely agree, no reviewer is perfect and everyone should do their research. I just mentioned Crinacle because his opinion is an opinion and a valuable one in this case, at least as much as any other head-fier's.
I would say that he is biased towards Vsonic, just that he values particular aspects of sound a lot (like realistic instrument timbre). Also, IT03 doesn't exactly have exclusively positive impressions, IT01 on the other hand appears to be really good for the price.

Apr 13, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #9,171 of 31,833
My brand new Fidue A65 has a QC-certificate from Sept 2016 - a truly hidden gem. The earpieces are coated with a fancy copper alloy (as it looks), cable and remote are rather simple - and so is the included velvet baggie. Fit is great, sound is airy and darkish. Bass depends on ear shape (vent coverage) and is dry enough in my case.

Compared to the ibasso IT01, the Fidue has a slightly smaller stage (but it is deep!). Compared to my beloved modded BW-ES1, the sound is more mature (can't be argued). I also find them more mature sounding than the Tinaudio T2 (personal preference only).

In summary, the Fidue A65 offers a relaxed listening experience at $54 (on sale). They are another example of an earphone that plays above its price point (I confirm this claim by others).

Although I have tens of earphones, this sound signature has been missing so far.

IMG_6326.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #9,172 of 31,833
In summary, the Fidue A65 offers a relaxed listening experience

Well, you have made me get mine out. Listening now. When I added them to my list I described them as having an addictive sound. Very nice.

Apr 13, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #9,173 of 31,833
Well, you have made me get mine out. Listening now. When I added them to my list I described them as having an addictive sound. Very nice.
I did the same with the DZAT DF-10. Good to be reminded of the good things in life here.

Apr 13, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #9,174 of 31,833
I did the same with the DZAT DF-10. Good to be reminded of the good things in life here.
Am also listening to them atm still cannot understand how come they are so easy listen. The open back design?

Apr 13, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #9,175 of 31,833
Am also listening to them atm still cannot understand how come they are so easy listen. The open back design?
I'm pretty sure the grills in the back are just for show

Apr 13, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #9,176 of 31,833
Just received the Timmkoo C630 - available under many names, such as the Malloom Water Drop - and my first impression is they’re fantastic.

Lovely ‘immersive’ sound, impressive sound stage and instrument placement, deep bass. Better for analog genres than for digital though - I can’t really tell why at this time. Maybe a part of the mids are a bit recessed?

Well, I already love them for blues, sing-song-writers and live recordings.
24A6E440-5C01-4136-904B-B2D433640BE2.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #9,177 of 31,833
Does the DZAT DF10 have driver flex issues? If not, i want to buy them as they looked beautiful (and i need a new pen)

Apr 13, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #9,178 of 31,833
Just received the Timmkoo C630 - available under many names, such as the Malloom Water Drop - and my first impression is they’re fantastic.

Lovely ‘immersive’ sound, impressive sound stage and instrument placement, deep bass. Better for analog genres than for digital though - I can’t really tell why at this time. Maybe a part of the mids are a bit recessed?

Well, I already love them for blues, sing-song-writers and live recordings.

Yup, one of my favorites! Have to thank @Vidal for turning me onto those gems :)

The sound improves if you peel off the black filter that’s stuck to the stainless nozzle mesh. It just peels and sticks (like a sticker), so they can be put back on if you like them better with the filters.

You can peel them off by picking them at their edge using a sewing needle (or safety pin, push pin, sharp toothpick, xacto blade, etc), and you can store them on a small scrap of wax paper (or even a disposable “waxed” paper cup, aka Dixie cup).

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #9,179 of 31,833
Yup, one of my favorites! Have to thank @Vidal for turning me onto those gems :)

The sound improves if you peel off the black filter that’s stuck to the stainless nozzle mesh. It just peels and sticks (like a sticker), so they can be put back on if you like them better with the filters.

You can peel them off by picking them at their edge using a sewing needle (safety pin, push pin, etc), and you can store them in a small scrap of wax paper (or even a disposable “waxed” paper cup, aka Dixie cup).
Sounds tricky! How does the sound change/ improve?

Apr 13, 2018 at 8:24 PM Post #9,180 of 31,833
Sounds tricky! How does the sound change/ improve?

Nope, not tricky at all. It requires absolutely no skills (other than not being legally blind or worse). If you can remove a band-aid from your skin, you can peel the black filters from the CI-880 nozzle.

Removing it provides a bit less veil and more clarity, especially to the midrange.

Since you can stick them right back in place if you don’t like the change, there’s literally nothing to lose.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back