CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 23, 2018 at 7:42 AM Post #7,321 of 31,833
The National post office Lost my package of hifiman and now probably i Will have to receive refund from EZ ASK as well. Buyer protection ending and most probably i Will never receive them. At least in that Case i would be happy, the hype kinda passed away and we have more interesting choices now. The worst part is that other iem i buyed are more than 30 days without reaching overseas. It's Very unusual and guess what, they have a good chance of being Lost to. The ez ask already passed customs and they Can arrive anywhere. Truth is, i rather prefer to never receive and get money back. So i can take the money and order a DS1. The hype got me serious. Thx @dhruvmeena96 for your early impressons and please follow the kindly recommendation of @TLDRonin :)

Feb 23, 2018 at 8:38 AM Post #7,322 of 31,833
Well consider tfz series 2

I think tfz guys are crazy

Tfz series 2 and series 4 sounds nearly same with I guess 20% overall sound improvement in signature....series 4 is more controlled..

But man series 2 is amazing.....no pneumatic pressure, huge soundstage, well defined mids and treble....bass have crazzy extension but never bleed or go out of control.

Series 4 is little bass light but makes the speed more.

Why go for dynamics or my word....single driver

Coherency......it won't hurt you on longer runs and will always sound fantastic.

Hybrid sounds fancy but needs a lot of engineering and engineering is not cheap.

Feb 23, 2018 at 8:41 AM Post #7,323 of 31,833
But DS1 sounds better than series 2 without any burn and age.

So DS1 is a good pick.

Well burn it with white noise on 20% volume.

Its quicker as it is equated pressure on all frequency.10hrs needed to age BA and get specific consistent sound.

BA are prone to burn but can be aged on high power frequency

Then do a 10 hrs pink noise

Then 1hrs bass sweep 0hz to 500hz

And then 1hrs full sweep linear

Feb 23, 2018 at 8:46 AM Post #7,324 of 31,833
It is not about burning like in old days......but is about making some coil to magnet interaction movement calibration.....

Burn used to happen in old days when due to movement, heat was produced, wreaking the magnet and expanding the diaphgram, making sound smoother. .

But my technique is to physically push diaphragm on constant load to achieve a very specific strength....sheer strength of diaphragm, at that specific point, it would be weaker than initial diaphragm and would be easy to move, hence averaging any disjoint decay.

BA ages... Chinese settle quickly than Knowles and sonion, and white noise does it quicker

Feb 23, 2018 at 9:03 AM Post #7,325 of 31,833
I ordered my black IT01 last night from Amp3. Found a voucher code online for 10% discount. So it cost £80.99 with free shipping within the UK. Fedex has it now and is estimating a Tuesday delivery. I guess they do not prioritize it when it is super saver delivery.
you'll dig it, ms. wilson. where the it01 approximates the megabuck iems is in presenting a very large, holographic soundstage without the juiced-up artificiality of some of its peers. i also like that it opted for a fun, u-shaped tuning rather than the the more "audiophile" balanced (i.e. duller) approach. plus, of critical importance to me these work great with just a mobile and isolate very well. comfort and build aren't class-leading but good.

Feb 23, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #7,327 of 31,833
Are from Jakarta? So how long ali will ship until your door?
Did you order ds1 or other?

yup. like i said about 10 days. i haven't order anything else at the moment because i am currently content of what i have now. I might purchase a bluetooth cable for my TFZ King next

Feb 23, 2018 at 9:57 AM Post #7,328 of 31,833
It01 soundscape or 3d ness is perfect.

Soundstage is perfect round and vocals are sweet romantic with nice breath extension....not over breathy but nice....

It01 resolute naturally and not super resolutes...timbres are perfect and cymbal hit exact.

Well biggest factor is overall coherency...

Most of guys should know coherency and why I emphasise on this word.

Coherency is like cloth......perfect coherency is flat cloth.

Coherency mismatch is like sewing..

Off phase is like tatters of cloth

Feb 23, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #7,329 of 31,833
Hi everyone! I just read through the thread and came up with a shortlist. My Westone UM2 finally crapped out on me and I'm looking for a replacement.

BGVP DS1
iBasso IT01
TFZ Series 2
HiFiMAN RE-400
MusicMaker TK12

Can I get some advice on which of the above might be a suitable replacement? I listen to bass-heavy music (progressive house, techno) but prefer tight punchy bass rather than bass that overwhelms. Clarity and good separation and soundstage would be nice too,

Feb 23, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #7,331 of 31,833
Feb 23, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #7,333 of 31,833
Hi everyone! I just read through the thread and came up with a shortlist. My Westone UM2 finally crapped out on me and I'm looking for a replacement.

BGVP DS1
iBasso IT01
TFZ Series 2
HiFiMAN RE-400
MusicMaker TK12

Can I get some advice on which of the above might be a suitable replacement? I listen to bass-heavy music (progressive house, techno) but prefer tight punchy bass rather than bass that overwhelms. Clarity and good separation and soundstage would be nice too,
Personally I prefer the Songbirds HiFiMan RE-600S over the RE-400 but they both have less bass than most of the rest of your list. I don't own or remember anything about the MusicMaker TK12. I personally like the RE-600S and they can be found for half price ($99) still a few places. I just bought the HiFiMan HE700 with bundled RE-600S for $175 from Amazon. (just checked, price is up to $250 now). I'd say that the HiFiMan, either model, have more of a neutral bass versus the others with increased bass. And since you've specifically mentioned that you listen to bass heavy music just thought a caution might be in order. I was playing around with the HE700 and with just a bit of EQ I got the RE-600S to be nice bass cannons so don't necessarily rule them out.

Feb 23, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #7,334 of 31,833
you'll dig it, ms. wilson. where the it01 approximates the megabuck iems is in presenting a very large, holographic soundstage without the juiced-up artificiality of some of its peers. i also like that it opted for a fun, u-shaped tuning rather than the the more "audiophile" balanced (i.e. duller) approach. plus, of critical importance to me these work great with just a mobile and isolate very well. comfort and build aren't class-leading but good.

Sounds like it will be perfect for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back