CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 27, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #5,431 of 31,833
After receiving the iBasso IT01 today (awesome, by the way:gs1000smile:), I bought several VE monk plus for some relatives that probably won't like IEMs. They enjoy jazz and classical and probably don't like being isolated from the environment since they don't live in a big city with tubes and whatnot. I bought one for myself, out of curiosity. I have no idea what to expect as the hype train has its own force field.

Dec 27, 2017 at 6:55 PM Post #5,432 of 31,833
After receiving the iBasso IT01 today (awesome, by the way:gs1000smile:), I bought several VE monk plus for some relatives that probably won't like IEMs. They enjoy jazz and classical and probably don't like being isolated from the environment since they don't live in a big city with tubes and whatnot. I bought one for myself, out of curiosity. I have no idea what to expect as the hype train has its own force field.
I brought 3 ATE for relatives who allegedly didn't like Iems, turned out they all had to use small tips :p

Dec 27, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #5,434 of 31,833
Monk plus: you get what you pay for. $5 is ok, but the add-ons kill you: remote, earpads, and shipping. I paid $25 USD for two in the end and thought it was not worth it. They are very ordinary middle-of-thre-road earbuds that sound like $5 buds and not a tad better. The hype is nowhere justified. You do much better with your $5 getting the KZ HSDS1/HDS3 or KZ ATR including shipping. And their sound is vastly superior.

Dec 27, 2017 at 11:26 PM Post #5,436 of 31,833

Funny....I just receive a 2 months old order of Monk plus....my curiosity about them was very high, i'm neither impress or disapointed as I have more than 10 earbuds pairs. They are bright and analytical, very detailed and with above average (for 8$) imaging, but bass, even if detailed too and well rendered, lack body, as well as soundstage feel thin. But I need more listen, wasn't thinking to receive them at all so its a good surprise and the fact that they sound good too, but not phenomenal, well, for my ears, for my wallet, perhaps yes. I think I prefer the EMX500 over them, and lot of other earbuds too. Anyway, for 8$, its still a no brainer and sound very mature and.....should I say....neutral.

Dec 27, 2017 at 11:36 PM Post #5,437 of 31,833
OK, I ordered these UE900s quad drivers at an incredible price.
https://goo.gl/Zs3Gpv

I talked to Chris from the Kopfhoerer Lounge (he had reviewed them) and he let me know they are in a a different league compared to the Brainwavz B400.

I also ordered these highly recommended Gorsun C3 single drivers at 1/80 of the price of the UE900s.
https://goo.gl/CCMtpb

I hope I don't have to waste my superglue on any of them.

NICE! Wow, BIG christmas gifts to you:wink:

UE900 look like killer beast. Share your honnest toughs about them once you receive it, curious to know what can achieve 4BA if well tweaked!

Hey, i read you got the Headroom MS16, how do you find them? Read some good reviews about them and find the construction look les crappy than monk and other plastic based earbuds....

Dec 27, 2017 at 11:45 PM Post #5,438 of 31,833
Damnit. Will add 2 IEMs then..

As they're of the older generation (60s), sticking things in like cottonbuds could be a bit awkward. I noticed the price hike with shipping and mics on the monks...bought one with no mic, one with 1 button, and one with 3, and the price went up pretty quickly! I could have almost gotten 3 Swings, but they can get a bit boomy.

I'll add a vivoXE800 and a Swing IE800 for the adventerous and /or disappointed ones =) It's the holiday spirit :santa:

Dec 28, 2017 at 12:06 AM Post #5,439 of 31,833
Well you know....i will make my own universal iem soon

7 BA

Sonion 3800 dual woofer(low pass filter horn like shure 846)
Sonion 1700 mid(compression horn design)
Sonion 2300 tweeter(normal)

Sonion 1723 crossed full ranger(3drivers, to complement the existing 4 driver full range)

Dec 28, 2017 at 12:10 AM Post #5,440 of 31,833
Damnit. Will add 2 IEMs then..

As they're of the older generation (60s), sticking things in like cottonbuds could be a bit awkward. I noticed the price hike with shipping and mics on the monks...bought one with no mic, one with 1 button, and one with 3, and the price went up pretty quickly! I could have almost gotten 3 Swings, but they can get a bit boomy.

I'll add a vivoXE800 and a Swing IE800 for the adventerous and /or disappointed ones =) It's the holiday spirit :santa:

I think normal humans will be wowed by the Monk. Headfier are such crybaby sometime, including myself, especially in chifi world hehe, so so so spoiled childs!!!!!!!!!!!! No but seriously, there far from bad, judge by yourself. They need a little amping to shine tough...to expend this soundstage, but level of details you got with this earbuds worth more than 10$ IMO

Dec 28, 2017 at 12:19 AM Post #5,441 of 31,833
Well you know....i will make my own universal iem soon

7 BA

Sonion 3800 dual woofer(low pass filter horn like shure 846)
Sonion 1700 mid(compression horn design)
Sonion 2300 tweeter(normal)

Sonion 1723 crossed full ranger(3drivers, to complement the existing 4 driver full range)
200.gif

WOW! OKAY! Nice....euh, did you have to use some type of calibration software to tweak the BA or a electric chips or something? Its all vaudoo to me.

Dec 28, 2017 at 2:11 AM Post #5,442 of 31,833
200.gif

WOW! OKAY! Nice....euh, did you have to use some type of calibration software to tweak the BA or a electric chips or something? Its all vaudoo to me.

well yeah

I have soundcheck 12.0 fullversion with dummy head and good mic.

And for 3.5 way crossover(.5 means the fullranger) i have a buddy who can do this.

Well 4 drivers are from shure 846 And i will make these in same format(low pass woofer etc) then i will use full ranger to complement it.

Then attenuate both.

So i have 846 bass and airy treble from noble audio kaiser encore.

Dec 28, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #5,445 of 31,833
Hey, all you Canadians,
The NAD headphones and earphones are really cheap these days. Great Canadian brand. I have used my HP 50 all evening and just ordered to HP20 earphones...at CDN $99 a steal. Has anybody reviewed them here?

https://nadelectronics.com/en_CA/product/hp-20/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back