CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 20, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #4,652 of 31,832
Cant wait to see your review brotha, i just hope there will be a 12.12 sale on these LOL

Actually NiceHCK extended the sale for the Svara Reds until..about yesterday or two days ago? Sadly it's now reverted back to the normal price. The thing was, the Svara Reds on NiceHCK's store could not be searched on Aliexpress using the search function.. You have to go to his profile store to search for it.

Nov 20, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #4,653 of 31,832
What are the best cable-down mmcx cables (for Svara Red)?

Cause most of the cables have that memory wire that goes around your ear...

Agree on the annoying fact that most cables have memory wire. I do not even like the memory wires on my cable-over ear IEMs...
You'll have to look really closely at pictures I guess. I think the white cable that come with the Svara Reds if you choose the selection on the purchase page should be good enough.
I personally bought the white cable, and a few others with memory wire and will be doing surgery on them once they arrive.

Nov 20, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #4,654 of 31,832
Actually NiceHCK extended the sale for the Svara Reds until..about yesterday or two days ago? Sadly it's now reverted back to the normal price. The thing was, the Svara Reds on NiceHCK's store could not be searched on Aliexpress using the search function.. You have to go to his profile store to search for it.
Crap i did not notice that, i just checked it now the only result showing on search was from ***ea*y LOL (you know that store) ahaha is almost 50 bucks right now already, sad haha

Nov 20, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #4,656 of 31,832
I can't wait for Svara to release new stuff. So far they've been at the top of my list for earbud and iem in the budget-ish segment, however, I didn't get either one of them. They were very affordable on 11.11, Svara L was around 40 and Red was 25.
I have a good feeling about this company, unique designs with positive impressions all around. Hopefully they will keep this up.

Nov 20, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #4,657 of 31,832
I can't wait for Svara to release new stuff. So far they've been at the top of my list for earbud and iem in the budget-ish segment, however, I didn't get either one of them. They were very affordable on 11.11, Svara L was around 40 and Red was 25.
I have a good feeling about this company, unique designs with positive impressions all around. Hopefully they will keep this up.

Man.. I have like 15+ items in total waiting to reach me (headphones, IEMs, ampdacs) and I am most excited for the Svara Reds.
They look really fantastic and well built, and I don't understand why they aren't getting much attention.

Nov 20, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #4,658 of 31,832
Guys, as i m fairly new on this chifi/ hifi thread

i m just curious if anyone can suggest a chinese DAC/AMP for connecting to my laptop? I know about the fiio e10K, but i wonder if there is a similar usb dac for less money on the chinese market?
(i know it's not the perfect thread topic, but maybe a quick answer might solve my search...?)

budget should be under 80 USD or so
Greetings

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #4,659 of 31,832
Guys, as i m fairly new on this chifi/ hifi thread

i m just curious if anyone can suggest a chinese DAC/AMP for connecting to my laptop? I know about the fiio e10K, but i wonder if there is a similar usb dac for less money on the chinese market?
(i know it's not the perfect thread topic, but maybe a quick answer might solve my search...?)

budget should be under 50 USD
Greetings

For around that budget, check out the Sabaj DA1(Cheaper) or DA2 for ultra-portable solutions.
Feixiang X6 / SMSL M3 if you're not moving it around much.
Toppings and Breeze Audio has a few solid selections too.

My recommendations above are based on research alone, so I urge you to do your own readings about each of these before your purchase. I am just giving somewhere to start on. I do not own any of them yet, but the Feixiang X6 is on the way to me, which I ordered on 11.11.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #4,660 of 31,832
For around that budget, check out the Sabaj DA1(Cheaper) or DA2 for ultra-portable solutions.
Feixiang X6 / SMSL M3 if you're not moving it around much.
Toppings and Breeze Audio has a few solid selections too.

My recommendations above are based on research alone, so I urge you to do your own readings about each of these before your purchase. I am just giving somewhere to start on. I do not own any of them yet, but the Feixiang X6 is on the way to me, which I ordered on 11.11.
Thanks for that quick response! I broaded my budget up to 80 USD by the way...
THe SMSL M3 was on my list, but seems to have some quality issues (many bad reviews on bad build quality on amazon?)

That Sabaj Da2 does it works connected to a usb port on my laptop ? or does it works only with micro usb?

PS: found out the Feixiang X7 is due to be relased! http://www.szfxaudio.com/view.php?ID=24

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #4,661 of 31,832
Thanks for that quick response! I broaded my budget up to 80 USD by the way...
THe SMSL M3 was on my list, but seems to have some quality issues (many bad reviews on bad build quality on amazon?)
PS: found out the Feixiang X7 is due to be relased! http://www.szfxaudio.com/view.php?ID=24

Wonder how long they'll take to roll out the X7 though. Looks like a hardware upgrade, but I dig the current controls better. Nice that they have a 3.5 out now too, so no need for a converter.
There are some information here on the smsl and x6: https://www.reddit.com/r/ZReviews/comments/6ck59x/fx_audio_dac_x6_or_smsl_m3/
Apparently there are QC issues with the smsl but they do have a better amp than the x6. I don't think you can go wrong with the x6, and it's hard to find something as good and comprehensive as the X6 for under $100.

Theres also the Topping NX4 but its over $100. Have not read much about it.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #4,662 of 31,832
A few quick points of research for a starter DAC/AMP... consider what you want to drive with it: IEMs and low impedance cans tend to be concerned with noise floor and linearity (output impedance and subbass rolloff), while for high impedance cans or buds driving power is going to be a far more significant concern. Also consider what other features you want, size/form factor, formats (DSD / bits/rate, etc), input/output options.
Ex: Sabaj Da2, high marks for low impedance stuff, lacks power; FX Audio X6, plenty of power, not so good marks for low impedance stuff.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #4,663 of 31,832
ps:
A few quick points of research for a starter DAC/AMP... consider what you want to drive with it: IEMs and low impedance cans tend to be concerned with noise floor and linearity (output impedance and subbass rolloff), while for high impedance cans or buds driving power is going to be a far more significant concern. Also consider what other features you want, size/form factor, formats (DSD / bits/rate, etc), input/output options.

basically it would be to drive my Beyerdynamics T51i, and the other earbuds of KZ and Einsear and alike... i found this one, any good? https://www.amazon.com/Sabaj-Headph...show_all_btm?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews

Nov 20, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #4,665 of 31,832
basically it would be to drive my Beyerdynamics T51i, and the other earbuds of KZ and Einsear and alike... i found this one, any good? https://www.amazon.com/Sabaj-Headph...show_all_btm?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews
Output impedance: 10 ohms (may induce coloration depending on cans used)
There's a recent lengthy discussion on the subject of budget sources that do well with low impedance stuff (which manages to stay on topic as it relates to driving the ZS5v1's 4.8 ohm load). Here's a search to get you started - the discussion kicks up around 3-4 pages back in this search: https://www.head-fi.org/search/3821576/?q=dac&t=post&o=date&c[thread]=698148

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back