CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 4, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #2,701 of 31,833
Thanks Nymphonomaniac. I think will order the Urbanfun. It's only 16-17 $. I like iem with strong bass but I've already the Baseus el01 and Rock zircon (which have punchy bass) so I want something different and Urbanfun seems excellent.

Also that CI880 looks very interesting. According to B9scrambler they also sound very good. Nice design and great built. I will put it in my wishlist

Jun 5, 2017 at 12:10 AM Post #2,702 of 31,833
Need to get some EM-I CI880 love in here.

Have any of you tried these? They're my favorite of the hybrids I've tried so far (except for FLC 8S).

Very even sounding. Slightly warm, leaning towards the thin side. Excellent clarity and detail retrieval. Treble extends well without the harshness and sibilance of a lot of hybrids in the price range. Mids are surprisingly natural and prominent. Bass is quite polite. Decent punch, but it could use a bit more extension for my preferences. Average soundstage with nice imaging and separation. Overall a very smooth and easy to listen to hybrid that doesn't sacrifice on detail.

I've always wanted to try those, because I love the design. Maybe I'll pick some up if I ever see them for a good price (maybe 11.11 sale etc).

Jun 5, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #2,703 of 31,833
IMG-20170605-WA0007-01.jpeg

Nice colour synergy

Jun 5, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #2,705 of 31,833
Copy paste a headfi post here that I find interesting about the mysterious KZ ZS5:

''I'm a newbie as far as Ch-Fi IEMs are concerned so you can take my thoughts with a pinch of salt but as I got the Pro HDs a couple of weeks ago and the ZS5s a couple of hours ago, I thought I'd answer your question to the best of my ability.

To my ears, the ZS5s have more forward mids, a bit more upper mids, and more detail in the mid range generally. Listening to Come Away With Me the Pro HDs sound great, very smooth, detailed, musical and refined. The main difference I hear with the ZS5s is that Norah's voice is a little more prominent and textured - you can hear the breathiness in her voice and it's therefore a more sensual listening experience (for me at least). I wouldn't say they blow the Pro HDs out of the water but they are very nice. If I had a criticism and again, please bear in mind that I don't know what I'm talking about, the ZS5s may sound a little less cohesive....the bass may be a touch flabby at times and they just sound a little slower than the Pro HDs. So to summarise, the ZS5s seem a little more detailed and spacious but perhaps a touch less cohesive.

Listening again as I type, the ZS5s are definitely a fair bit stronger in the mids and treble department than the Pro HDs to my ears, and more detailed.And perhaps the bass isn't really flabby...just a bit looser than the Pro HDs (I blocked the ports on mine to enhance the bass). I'd need to do a lot more listening to come up with a better impression but that's the best I can do at the moment. I think the best thing I can say about the ZS5s right now is that I don't want to take them out to compare them to anything else, I want to carry on enjoying them! To be honest, my 'cohesive' comments could just be down to a lack of experience. I really like these IEMs. They are lively and don't seem to be too unbalanced, to my uneducated ears. :)''

Jun 6, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #2,706 of 31,833
Jun 6, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #2,708 of 31,833
Wow I've read on Vidal's site the KZ ZS5 review and it got the highest score ever: 9.7!! Must be really the ultimate and biggest bang for your buck.

Not really, I've got some earphones to review that cost about $4 that perform really well, they would probably have a higher cost/performance ratio. The ZS5 are relatively expensive compared to most earphones I've reviewed.

Jun 6, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #2,709 of 31,833
Wow I've read on Vidal's site the KZ ZS5 review and it got the highest score ever: 9.7!! Must be really the ultimate and biggest bang for your buck.
coming off the very -nice-but-not-transcendant zst, that is certainly an unexpectedly high rating--i'll be curious to see if it holds up to vidal's extended listening. i'm still on a "no buy" list, but when i get back to frivolous purchasing i've zeroed in on the zs5 (along with the **** 6in1 and the simgot).

Jun 6, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #2,710 of 31,833
Look like it's review day for me too hehe

Just finish the **** XBA 6in1 review, I want to get more serious about reviewing and learn to express sound description more adequately (the fact that i'm french is really anoying sometime!)
Anyway, my humble attempt:
https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/****-xba-6in1.22441/reviews#review-18701

Comparatively to HCK, DD-Audiostore was faster for shipping....for 5$ more I think it's a plus cause now I search aliexpress seller that do not take 2 months (or more!) to ship.

Really love the XBA and my only complaint is about construction (paint of the logo go off easily).
P6060457.JPG

Jun 7, 2017 at 12:11 AM Post #2,711 of 31,833
finally give in to the impulse and purchased the Urbanfun... so far i really love the treble extension and big bass. i think i like it more than the Einsear T2, just a little though, because they do sound similar, but the overall presentation and soundstage of the Urbanfun is more of my taste. I was curious about how the ZS5 fares with both of them.. @Vidal and others who have tried them, could you give a little opinion?

Jun 7, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #2,713 of 31,833
Nymphonomaniac I've read your review on xba 6in1. Pretty datailed review. Nice job. Your only complain is the cheap construction? You mention there is another version more expensive at 70 $ and all in metal? Are you sure there is a cheap plastic housing and a metal housing?

Jun 7, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #2,714 of 31,833
@Vidal and others who have tried them, could you give a little opinion?

Can only compare to Urban as the T2 are with my brother, Urban has more bass emphasis and overall less treble. The ZS5 has a wider soundstage to my ears. The Urban are excellent though.

The Urbanfun (and BossHiFi B3) really don't get enough love in my opinion

Jun 7, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #2,715 of 31,833
Hi everyone, can anyone share what you think about the Magaosi K3 Pro, especially in terms of durability/longevity? Would like to get one but they seem to have some QC issues that I'm worried of....

Pretty much ALL ChiFis have occasional QC issues. KZs have way more reported QC issues than Magaosi by far, and that hasn't stopped tons of people from buying KZs by the boatload (myself included).

If you buy from a reputable seller, any problems you may have will get resolved no questions asked. Also buying from a reputable/authorized seller guarantees that you not only get a GENUINE product (there are fakes), but also ensures that you get the included 1 year warranty.

I've had 1 very minor issue with my Magaosi K3 Pro, which took 5 seconds to fix. Other than that, they have been flawless, and I love them to pieces.

The few reported issues with the Magaosi K3 have either been fixed by Magaosi themselves, or are easy to fix yourself (if you don't feel like making a warranty claim).

Here's the list of known issues (ranked from most common to least common, at least amongst HF owners):

1. Weak glue on the nozzle can cause the nozzle to separate when changing filters or swapping eartips. Has only happened to 1 handful of people (and only on early stock), and was recently confirmed by Magaosi to have been resolved in manufacture.
2. Loose connection causing audio cutouts (always on left side). Has only happened to 1 handful of people. Resolved by using a different cable (Magaosi provides 2, or you can buy an aftermarket cable such as SainSmart). You can also gently pinch the tip of the cable with pliers and fix the issue (verified fix by more than 1 person).
3. The BA driver on 1 of the sides can be glued such that it's angled a few degrees off-center compared to the other side. Only reported by 2 people so far, with me being the 3rd. The solution is to use a something (toothpick, needle, etc) to gently center the affected driver. Mine was off by maybe 2mm, and was simple to correct. I noticed zero sound difference when it was off-center - I just straightened it because I am a perfectionist & it only took 3 seconds to fix. Otherwise, I wouldn't even bother.
4. The BA driver on 1 of the sides can be glued slightly lower compared to the other side (1-2 mm). Has only been reported by 1 person. There is no solution to this other than regluing the driver yourself, but I am pretty sure the user did not report any issues with sound, channel imbalance, etc.

I hope that helps put your mind at ease. I would buy them again without even batting an eye.

However, if you are still hesitant, consider the KZ ZS5 instead, which is an absolute steal for the asking price. You can buy (4) ZS5s for the cost of (1) Magaosi K3 Pro, and the Magaosi K3 Pro is definitely NOT 4xs better than the ZS5. Vidal recently gave the ZS5 an almost perfect score out of 128 ChiFis he's tested. Let that sink in for a second - significantly better than just shy of 130 other ChiFi IEMs. See for yourself at his site: http://www.aproear.co.uk/kz-zs5/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back