CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 26, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #24,901 of 31,833
when it rains, it pours! all my aliexpress orders seem to have decided to come at once!
got my opera factory OM1 and the VJJB N30. now the VJJB seems to have a lot of promise.
Its pretty low sensitivity - doesnt hit decent volumes off my phone or laptop, but run them off an amp and then suddenly it becomes pretty brawny and starts blasting out some pretty awesome bass. It doesn't seem to compromise on the treble either. (but the mids are somewhat overshadowed) Finally getting somewhere!

On the bright side they are getting here! My favorite part of the OM1 was that sweet red cable,
they were just average for me and were gifted

M3s Jazz Opera.JPG

(sure wish I'd swapped and kept that cable) away some time ago :thumbsup: The N30 looks interesting however my only 2 VJJ's (why yes he has two):open_mouth: are the V1's and K4s's and still one of my all time fave wooden iem's:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I have no idea how they got a Vyrus:smirk:

Vyr-Wood.JPG

Jun 26, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #24,902 of 31,833
Agreed, I like kmmbd but the cable on the Starfield is not that bad and I'm not sure what KZ cables he's talking about? I think the Starfield cable is as good as some of the KZ upgrade cables even. Not sure of his source either as my Starfields on my Opus #1 are quite lively and not boring to me in the least but you know my motto, we all hear them a little differently:wink:

Haha, yeah I went hyperbolic a bit but really expected Moondrop to ship with something a bit better. The cable is glitzy alright but ergonomics and feel in hand was very poor compared to the cable KBEar Diamond came with for example.

As for the sound issue: it's fixed now. The cable wasn't pushed in completely on one side which was for some reason messing with the bass (I did have to push in real hard). I also updated my original post after finding the issue. The sound is pretty balanced and inoffensive. Safe recommendation for most people I'd say. My source is mostly the Questyle QP1R and my phone: LG G7. QP1R matches perfectly with the Starfield I'd say, engaging presentation overall.

Jun 26, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #24,903 of 31,833
So, what about the IBASSO IT00???

Headfi and NBBA review are quite promising...so, i'm intrigue!

Lately in sub-100$ range, I really love the KBear KB04 and Diamond....and thats about it...didnt dig the Urbanfun and DM480 and S***** DT6PRO and Jade Audio EA3 and...damn, i need to hear good budget stuffs!!

Timbre and Tonality before technicalities can do it! Need more good S. No BS way.

Whats are the Hot stuffs right now?

BL-05 didnt seem that prromising.....(and as i move to another place i think i will not receive them to know)

TinHifi T2 Plus seem promising...(one on my way)

Moondrop SSR seem....hum...hate or love affair? (will receive a pair soon)

TRN VX seem not that great...typical chifi hybrid. (will surely not receive it cause of my moving)

In fact, there lot of intriguing IEM coming out lately, and now that covid calm down chifi go up...im back to take the pulse after some months, hope we have some winners on the road.

Now, time to read 300 last pages of ''my'' budget thread. I'm happy that it's still alive and diverse. We lost a great headfi member in the covid pandemic, it broke my heart, peace to you Hungry Panda (Thomas Wilson).

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2020 at 7:48 PM Post #24,905 of 31,833
We lost a great headfi member in the covid pandemic, it broke my heart, peace to you Hungry Panda (Thomas Wilson).
May he rest in peace, how devastating to hear this. I haven't been too active on Head-Fi, but Hungry Panda was always helpful and nice to everybody.. damn.

Jun 26, 2020 at 7:48 PM Post #24,906 of 31,833

Lately in sub-100$ range, I really love the KBear KB04 and Diamond....and thats about it...didnt dig the Urbanfun and DM480 and S***** DT6PRO and Jade Audio EA3 and...damn, i need to hear good budget stuffs!!

Timbre and Tonality before technicalities can do it! Need more good S. No BS way.

BL-05 didnt seem that prromising.....(and as i move to another place i think i will not receive them to know)

TRN VX seem not that great...typical chifi hybrid. (will surely not receive it cause of my moving)

In fact, there lot of intriguing IEM coming out lately, and now that covid calm down chifi go up...im back to take the pulse after some months, hope we have some winners on the road.

Now, time to read 300 last pages of ''my'' budget thread. I'm happy that it's still alive and diverse. We lost a great headfi member in the covid pandemic, it broke my heart, peace to you Hungry Panda (Thomas Wilson).

The T2 plus does seem promising. I also ordered one.

I just checked, I haven't ordered a chifi IEM in 1.5 years... and it was a KZ ZSN:astonished:. Earbuds and TWS have been my go-to's.

Jun 26, 2020 at 7:54 PM Post #24,907 of 31,833

I have the IT00 and it is just a tad bassier and a bit more exciting than the Starfield. Not a Starfield killer unless you factor in the $30-40 difference. Not perfect, not great but very good.

Jun 26, 2020 at 9:05 PM Post #24,908 of 31,833
May he rest in peace, how devastating to hear this. I haven't been too active on Head-Fi, but Hungry Panda was always helpful and nice to everybody.. damn.

My heart and my life have been shattered. Many of you know that HungryPanda was my husband and the love of my life. I am lost without him. I keep trying to wake up from what my mind tells me is a nightmare.

On April 5th he was sent home with Covid 19 symptoms from the hospital where he was working. Meanwhile I had also developed symptoms. So we isolated at home as we were told to do. Tried to take care of each other, feeling worse with each passing day until finally ten days later on April 15th he quietly stopped breathing just minutes after saying he would like a cup of tea and we would watch an episode of a show we were enjoying. We were sitting together on the two seater recliner in the living room. I was trying to get up the energy to go into the kitchen to make the tea. I never did make that tea.

This should never have happened. He should be here.

Jun 27, 2020 at 3:41 AM Post #24,909 of 31,833
Moondrop SSR seem....hum...hate or love affair? (will receive a pair soon).
Is it though? Are there negative reviews? Most impressions have been fairly positive or people saying they won't order it because it looks to bright.

Jun 27, 2020 at 3:53 AM Post #24,910 of 31,833
Is it though? Are there negative reviews? Most impressions have been fairly positive or people saying they won't order it because it looks to bright.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/audioreviews/permalink/4104262236280723/ ---> There's a first impressions here (this post seems to be a self bought SSR), that the SSR is hot at the upper mids area. "The overall tonal balance is off."

I gave it a miss cause the SSR looked too bass lite for me, more looking forward to the SSP bassier version. But seems Moondrop took the SSR off the stores for some supposed QC issues, so we can't buy it for now anyways.

Jun 27, 2020 at 4:22 AM Post #24,911 of 31,833
So far I'm pretty impressed with SSR. It is bass lite iem, rarely have subbass but it still got enough punch thanks for the 5db boost on the 100hz, which still make them quite enjoyable for most of my playlist. In term of brightness, i don't find problem with that surprisingly. They didn't have sibilance or cause any fatigue too.

Anyway, I'll be dropping the review soon. Will finish them by today, hopefully & up by tomorrow

Jun 27, 2020 at 5:19 AM Post #24,913 of 31,833
A friend of mine is searching for a new pair of cans.
What she's looking for is something:
-cable down (since she has long hair and wears glasses)
-small footprint, no etymotic ear dildo
-good vocals/mids but with a bit of grit and punch to play metal and rock the right way
-around 20-30€
-drivable with an IPhone
-bonus if it's on Amazon or on Penon (which I think ships faster than Ali)
I'm open to both earbuds and iems suggestions. Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2020 at 8:52 AM Post #24,914 of 31,833
My heart and my life have been shattered. Many of you know that HungryPanda was my husband and the love of my life. I am lost without him. I keep trying to wake up from what my mind tells me is a nightmare.

On April 5th he was sent home with Covid 19 symptoms from the hospital where he was working. Meanwhile I had also developed symptoms. So we isolated at home as we were told to do. Tried to take care of each other, feeling worse with each passing day until finally ten days later on April 15th he quietly stopped breathing just minutes after saying he would like a cup of tea and we would watch an episode of a show we were enjoying. We were sitting together on the two seater recliner in the living room. I was trying to get up the energy to go into the kitchen to make the tea. I never did make that tea.

I wish you strength, stay strong! I cannot imagine what you are going through, to lose a husband and the love of your life...

I don't know the details but it just doesn't sound right that you were just let to stay at home and weren't taken care of. My grandfather passed away 8 years ago, my mother was there with him - the last thing he asked for was a cup of water. He drank that cup of water and died a couple of minutes later, my mom was outside (in front of the house), when she came back he already passed away. It's different though, he was old, almost 90 years old.

To me it is truly devistating and terrifying to hear that he went so quickly and "unexpectedly". HungryPanda was somebody who everybody here appreciated, he did so much for the community (including you!). Just heart breaking. Stay strong! Try to stay positive, even though that's the hardest thing to do.

Jun 27, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #24,915 of 31,833

My most sincere condolence go to you, dear Mrs Wilson.
There no words for such a loss.
I shed tears when I know this tragic event and it makes me mad too, make me really hating this covid even more, this situation and how it was dealt with. Senior people weren't protected enough even if more at risk.
My more compassionate feelings and thoughts go to you.
Headfi too will never be the same without Hungry Panda.
I wish you a lot of courage and heartbreaking acceptance about the frailty of life.
Take care of yourself and precious Thomas memories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back