CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 30, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #20,551 of 31,833
Tried Ptron Pride (Tang Mai F3 clones) this week as they were retailing for ~$5 @AmazonIndia sale as I couldn't resist the temptation of splurging on heavily discounted audio gear. They're available on AliExpress for ~$11. They're sturdily built with all metal body and come with an inline remote.

• Specification:
  • Product Name : PTron Pride Earphone
  • Compatible platform : Android, Windows Phone, iOS
  • Yes/No remote control : Yes
  • Sensitivity : 108dB / mW
  • Mic Sensitivity: -40±6 DB
  • Applicable music type : Rock metal bass type
  • Speaker size : 9.2mm
  • Impedance : 16ohms±15%
  • Size: 18*9*4cm
  • Frequency response range : 20Hz-20kHz
  • Sound level : 96±3 DB
  • Color : Black
  • Headphone type : In-ear Wired
  • Aux pin : 3.5mm
  • Cable length : 1.2m tangle free
  • Weight :80g

images

images

Impressions after 50 hrs of usage -

Deep and lush bass makes it sound like a subwoofer in your ears which is good enough to satisfy bassheads. There is some mid-bass bleed but it somewhat enhances the overall experience as these are branded as extra bass IEMs. The rumble will make the bassheads chuckle with glee.

Mids are clear and have enough meat to give a relaxed feel to the overall experience. Female voices do sound a bit artificial due to over emphasis on the bass.

Highs are rolled off but they do not lack much in terms of detail. Sound is crisp and clear which doesn't sound metallic or tinny. Treble sensitive guys should give them a shot.

Timbre is average but listening to them gives a retro boom box kinda feel. It's like you know there's something which makes you listen them despite all it's technical imperfections.

Isolation - With right tip size they seal most of ambient noise which probably leads to oomphy bass.

Comfort - Above average and will fit most ears. My ears are fairly average but I had to use the large tips to get the perfect seal. That should give you an idea about it's size.

Summary - If anyone ever wants a subwoofer on the go should give them a shot for sure (Bassheads, I'm talking to you) They're by no means neutral or balanced but have fun signature. Folks who like pop, EDM, trance, house, hip-hop and other bass heavy genres will surely enjoy them.

How does it compare to your other budget IEMs?

Anyone got the FAAEAL Hibiscus? Single DD with pretty nice Litz cable going for 50€ on 11.11, curious about that one

Slater ordered it to try it out for the team. But I am not sure if he can get his review out before 11/11. FAAEAL made quite good earbuds, so I'm also interested in their foray into the DD IEM land. Though I saw their FR and I'm a bit wary of the 2 - 4 kHz usual CHIFI peak.

Oct 30, 2019 at 9:23 PM Post #20,552 of 31,833
Anyone got the FAAEAL Hibiscus? Single DD with pretty nice Litz cable going for 50€ on 11.11, curious about that one
@Slater is getting them, waiting for his impressions currently

Oct 30, 2019 at 11:17 PM Post #20,553 of 31,833
If u are getting connection cuts when u move that could be due to a cable issue, they're usually the first point of failure in an IEM. Maybe u can consider getting another cable to see if this fixes it.

It does seem that the cable is the culprit...Any suggestions on fixing it? :frowning2:

Oct 30, 2019 at 11:22 PM Post #20,554 of 31,833
It does seem that the cable is the culprit...Any suggestions on fixing it? :frowning2:

U tried another cable with your set? It fixes the intermittent connection issue?

If it's a cable problem and your cable is not a high end one, I think it's better to find another cheap aftermarket cable from Aliexpress for a few bucks. Cables can be repaired but it's probably not worth the cost for cheap ones. 11/11 is coming up and there are a lot of cheap deals on AE. My personal favourite bang for buck cable is the NiceHCK 8 core copper cable @ $6USD + during the sale. It has 2 pin or MMCX variants, and even balanced variants.

Oct 31, 2019 at 1:25 AM Post #20,555 of 31,833
Death, Misery Index, Mastodon, Kvelertak, Be'lakor are some of the bands that I know he likes a lot. I feel a bit bad that I don't know more about them but Death metal just isn't really my thing, I like melodics and he likes whatever sounds the most angry lol. Thank you!
Ok I'll see what I can do. Mastodon definitely, Death and Be'lakor I probably have somewhere.

Oct 31, 2019 at 1:49 AM Post #20,556 of 31,833
How does it compare to your other budget IEMs?

On par with Tennmak Pro and ZSN sans treble peak. Not having detachable cable is only drawback I find. It's V-shaped but highs smooth and clear. There might be a case where Ptron is tuned for Indian markets where bassy IEMs are very popular as opposed to Chinese market which prefers bright V-shaped IEMs. But nonetheless, I wouldn't mind some edge up in the treble as it'd open up the soundstage to some extent.

Oct 31, 2019 at 3:04 AM Post #20,557 of 31,833
So planning out my 11/11 and seeing all the single dynamic iems that are out and trying to decide. There are actually quite a bit that intrique me.

SIMGOT MT3 Hi-Res $65

TONEKING 1Q $95

GT2 10mm DLC $67

BLON Cardinal/Bluejay 10mm CNT $69

FAAEL Hibiscus 10mm DLC $65

I realize Hisenior is selling a triple DD IEM called the Hisenior N3. Their rep says it is a basshead set, and there's a plastic shell version ($14 11/11 pricing) and a metal shell version ($18). Rep says there's no difference in sound between the 2 shell types, and it has detachable MMCX cables, which is not that common at this pricing.

H5e5b759687af47c6a52b38f24ff940bax.jpg

I got a FR graph from the rep:

H818f7ee8734f46a0aed93a90f0d51a4fE.jpg

This whets my basshead appetite, plus there's not much treble peak and looks affordable. I'm likely getting a set on 11/11. Anybody tried it before?
I hope the bass rattles my jaw until I get a headache!

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2019 at 4:23 AM Post #20,558 of 31,833
I realize Hisenior is selling a triple DD IEM called the Hisenior N3. Their rep says it is a basshead set, and there's a plastic shell version ($14 11/11 pricing) and a metal shell version ($18). Rep says there's no difference in sound between the 2 shell types, and it has detachable MMCX cables, which is not that common at this pricing.

This whets my basshead appetite, plus there's not much treble peak and looks affordable. I'm likely getting a set on 11/11. Anybody tried it before?
That look promising, never had an mmcx type IEM so far

Oct 31, 2019 at 5:11 AM Post #20,560 of 31,833

Wow! I'm surely going to gamble with them at $18 look like great partners for BT20S :wink:. Also, I forgot to mention about Ptron/Tangmai earbuds that they do open up when used with wide bore tips like Whirlwinds (Although I like them with stock as it's been a while since I had bassy iems). Retains lush bass and the highs get lively.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2019 at 5:21 AM Post #20,561 of 31,833
TFZ is good, but the issue is it's too heavy and not very comfortable if wearing long time
which one of TFZ are you referring to? If King/tequilla series, yeah they are heavier since they used alloy housing, but my no.3 is very light & not fatiguing at all.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2019 at 7:01 AM Post #20,562 of 31,833

Two of those options look just like my KINBOOFI F60 3DD Dynamic Driver which I have had for a few months... and I do not think it was a new model when I bought it. I changed the cable but have no idea what cable this is.... something from the box of spares.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33003034273.html

20191031_103956.jpg

Oct 31, 2019 at 7:06 AM Post #20,563 of 31,833
Two of those options look just like my KINBOOFI F60 3DD Dynamic Driver which I have had for a few months... and I do not think it was a new model when I bought it. I changed the cable but have no idea what cable this is.... something from the box of spares.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33003034273.html

Wow they look the same yes. But the specs are slightly different for the frequency range and sensitivity. Do u know what dynamic drivers are used in the Kinboofi F60? And how does it sound?

I have a feeling they may have used the same shells, after all Hisenior makes a lot of shells (both custom and universal) and a lot of these CHIFI companies may very well do OEMs for others.

Oct 31, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #20,564 of 31,833
I see. Well, I am currently using the KZ tips, but turned inside out. They are pretty long at the moment, longer than any other tips I have aside from the foam tips.

I think that for me, they would be a bit too loose. As long it doesn't cause issues for you, all fine I guess :)

I have never thought about it before, cutting out cylinder of smaller-diameter tips and put them inside larger ones to make them fit better. I do have some Spiral Dots lying around, maybe I should try them out. Will try to cut out from some of the tips that came with the Blon-03, those should be just fine I figure.

Edit: I have found some worn out foam tips that I don't use anymore and remove the nozzle cylinder. I cut 1 of those cylinders in half and put it over the IEM nozzles and then put a larger tip over it. They fit just fine now!
Just tried exactly the same mod using large Spiral Dots...it's totally worth it for the better fit, boosted bass & sub bass...Blon Bliss!! :)

Oct 31, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #20,565 of 31,833

Users who are viewing this thread

Back