CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 18, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #15,466 of 31,832
I have all three and I would rec the CCA C10, TRN IM1 is V shaped with huge bass, TRN V80 is not as natural as CCA C10

Panda_Express_logo.svg.png
Your user always make me hungry

But in all seriousness here, have you experience TFZ T2 Galaxy? If so, do you pick CCA 10 over it? The gold TFZ looks bling bling

tanks

Jan 18, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #15,469 of 31,832
I like it very much, It is more V shaped than the CCA C10. I like the small bean shape of the Exclusive 5 though

Jan 18, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #15,470 of 31,832
Hi, sorry to be that guy, but can anyone compare the TRN v80 (which I have), TRN IM1, and CCA C10? I'm looking for a neutral+natural sound signature with a big soundstage, all round value and detail.
You're not going to get neutral from CCA C10, just more of a balanced sound signature with big surround soundstage that's very hard to beat! But better yet, for a neutral + natural sound signature and around the same price as the C10 you should really look into the ****.

Best balanced + lively I've heard up to date: C10

Best neutral + natural I've heard up to date: ****

-Clear

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2019 at 3:55 PM Post #15,472 of 31,832
You're not going to get neutral from CCA C10, just more of a balanced sound signature with big surround soundstage that's very hard to beat! But better yet, for a neutral + natural sound signature and around the same price as the C10 you should really look into the ****.

-Clear

I'm curious how you (and others?) would differentiate between balanced and neutral? I would regard them as somewhat of a similar thing, a relatively flat frequency response.

Both the CC10 and **** interest me i must say, i like the ZSN and never had a piezo-driven IEM. The IM1 intrigues me as well. All three are on my list of 'might purchase in the future / keep an eye on'.

@HungryPanda any comparison between the CC10, IM1 and BQ3? :beyersmile: I imagine the IM1 and BQ3 would be somewhat similar though I haven't exactly read up on the IM1 much.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #15,474 of 31,832
Neutral means neither warm or cold. No color at all.
Balanced just means bass to mids to highs are all somewhat linear.

At least that's how I always viewed it.

In that sense warm means a focus on lower frequencies and cold (bright) a focus on the higher frequencies, whereas balanced means no emphasis on any frequency (=neutral?). Thats how I would interpret it anyway

Jan 18, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #15,475 of 31,832
@dodonut the TRM IM1 has even more bass than the BQYEZ BQ3 and has also more treble. The CCA C10 is just a more lively and better sounding ZSN to me

Jan 18, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #15,476 of 31,832
@dodonut the TRM IM1 has even more bass than the BQYEZ BQ3 and has also more treble. The CCA C10 is just a more lively and better sounding ZSN to me
Given that IM1 and CCA c10 are practically priced the same now on Ali, which one is better?
I'd assume that IM1 has an upper hand since it's just 1BA+1DD, theoretically they should outperform C10'S 4BA+1DD, because Quality>Quantity.

Jan 18, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #15,477 of 31,832
If you want a steep V-shaped earphone the TRN IM1 is the one and as much as I like them I prefer the CCA C10

Jan 18, 2019 at 10:38 PM Post #15,478 of 31,832

-Clear
I hadn't seen the ****. I've had very bad experiences with the EN900 (hot trash) but I might try S3nf r again.
Which would you say has better value overall, and a bigger soundstage? Which is warmer? I know the overall value question is hard to answer.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2019 at 1:38 AM Post #15,479 of 31,832
I just received my TRN BT20. I couldn't get it to pair with my phone yet as the intructions are just atrocious. Before getting this to work, I want to ask about a weird issue I ran into.

I cannot click the multifunction button (MFB) on the left unit. It is non-clickable & initially I thought it is defective. Then I realized that this button can be clicked only if the micro-usb charging cover is open. As soon as this cover is closed, the button becomes unclickable. I never saw anything like this before! There is no similar issue with the button on the right ear piece.

So, did I get a defective unit or is this issue common with other TRN BT20s too?

Jan 19, 2019 at 2:46 AM Post #15,480 of 31,832
I just received my TRN BT20. I couldn't get it to pair with my phone yet as the intructions are just atrocious. Before getting this to work, I want to ask about a weird issue I ran into.

I cannot click the multifunction button (MFB) on the left unit. It is non-clickable & initially I thought it is defective. Then I realized that this button can be clicked only if the micro-usb charging cover is open. As soon as this cover is closed, the button becomes unclickable. I never saw anything like this before! There is no similar issue with the button on the right ear piece.

So, did I get a defective unit or is this issue common with other TRN BT20s too?

I've heard if the usb is shoved in too hard it can push the board around inside. Maybe on removal it dragged yours down? Try inserting the cable and wiggling it out again.

Here's the instructions if yours was missing:
20181219_200123.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back