CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 7, 2018 at 11:14 PM Post #10,396 of 31,833
Thank you for confirming this! I've been curious about T2s for awhile but have been kinda turned off due to folks stating that it lacked some bass. I've been a big fan of the KZ ZS6s and love the treble and bass they provide after messing with the vents a bit. I've been very tempted to try the ibasso IT01 and Tin Audio T2 but fear they maybe to flat sounding like the Tennmak Trios or MEE Audio M6 I returned.

From my understanding, having the KZ5 and IT01, the IT01 would complement the T2. The IT01 is a sure bet as an upgrade, but the T2 would give you something new.

May 7, 2018 at 11:29 PM Post #10,397 of 31,833
Hmmmmm....also disappointing that some Judas here reported the youtube videos to the mods. I am presently asking ae dealers who is behind the UES they are offering. There is no evidence that it is WE.

The UES showcase page including all reviews has been removed. This just in:

****.jpg

May 8, 2018 at 12:39 AM Post #10,399 of 31,833
Hmmmmm....also disappointing that some Judas here reported the youtube videos to the mods. I am presently asking ae dealers who is behind the UES they are offering. There is no evidence that it is WE.

Hmmm, interesting.

What if the "proof" that was presented, was done so by a competitor (or someone working on behalf of a competitor)? This can be quite a cut throat industry...

I sure hope they verified the facts, including whatever evidence they have.

May 8, 2018 at 1:16 AM Post #10,401 of 31,833
How many IEMs are too many? Organizing mine...I have labels on all the little cases. When zipped up these four soft bags fit inside the foot stool. I need to lable each bag and make a list of what is in which bag.

When my daughter visits from the States this week she will be using that footstool. Little will she know about what lies within... LOL.

Now, where do I keep the two bags that are full of buds? Right now they are under a chair. Oh well, I guess that is what furniture is for!

I never thought I needed a label maker until now.

May 8, 2018 at 1:22 AM Post #10,402 of 31,833
What type of tips you guys use for your T2?
Do you wear over the ear or ?

My T2 just arrived last Friday. I'm liking it over the ear with Auvio Wide Bores (S) or Earphone Plus Triple Flange (L) 1/2 way inserted. I'm not a fan of the included foam tips.

Last edited:
May 8, 2018 at 1:32 AM Post #10,403 of 31,833

Hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahshahahhhhahahahahahahahahahh

Admin got trolled

I told ya....from other sources

Last edited:
May 8, 2018 at 1:35 AM Post #10,404 of 31,833
From my understanding, having the KZ5 and IT01, the IT01 would complement the T2. The IT01 is a sure bet as an upgrade, but the T2 would give you something new.

The IT01 and the T2 are quite different. They're becoming my favorites along with my green ZS6.

May 8, 2018 at 1:44 AM Post #10,405 of 31,833
I wonder if there are plans for a non-Japanese market version of the SEMKARCH CNTDD1. Seems pretty popular here so far and i've seen a lot of really positive reviews. Could be a good choice for the $100 range.

gonna see how much the pricedrop at next ae sale.

the filter on these iem can be used interchangeably with the ones from LZ A5
now you can buy A5 filter only from penon separately

TYBLCIiBOTttYd8gD8ygiGUWqd5kZhPxOBJQULzIuTUqZuOJrbjTJSQ5EVkfcyhOcU2XhQgZWUa3pLW9vA=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

May 8, 2018 at 2:37 AM Post #10,407 of 31,833

Not to be that guy but… Wouldn't it be quite possible that the-store-that-shall-not-be-named-nor-linked©®™ (tstsnbnnl for short :ksc75smile:) would be aware that being linked to them would hurt sales and so claim that they don't make the product even if they do?

Personally, I'd be way more likely if seller XXX says no way because I purchase those I sell from YYY who is decidedly not tstsnbnnl

Edit: regarding YouTube video links… I really wish everyone would hide them behind the SPOILER tag. Much better for not wasting bandwidth for those who still have metered internet access. Much better for those who aren't particularly interested in music videos in general or just here.

Last edited:
May 8, 2018 at 2:54 AM Post #10,408 of 31,833
My QKZ VK1 have arrived, along with KZ ZSR, ZS6 and two DAPs for on the go listening the F Audio S1 and the Hidizs AP60 mkII. I have to update my gear on my profile lol.

VK1
I first tried these with my phone but, it was a no go. Then tried with my AP60 mkII, got some sound but, they sounded out of phase. I switched the 2-pin connectors, still nothing good. As I was going to change the cable I noticed that the 3.5mm plug in the stock cable was longer than the plug on my extra TRN V20'S cable.

Can anyone with a VK1 verify if you also have the same issue where the 3.5mm's plug is longer than usual?

After that was all figured out I began listening to a couple of tracks with my F Audio S1, default EQ which is labeled ''Hi-Fi'. Volume at about 18-20 depending on the song.

For Bass I used the following songs:
Travis Scott & Quavo - Modern Slavery
Travis Scott & Quavo - Moonrock
Bass is present, it doesn have the same punch as the ZSR. I do find the extension to be similar in both.

Now I'll describe the treble since I believe these two songs are good to determine both bass and highs:
Still listening to Moonrock and Modern Slavery.

Like the ZSR the VK1's trebles is tame, I do not find them sibilant. I do notice with the VK1 that the snares in 'Moonrock' do not sound crisp at all, they sound dull and distant in comparison to the ZSR.

Mids, I used the following songs:
Muse - Undisclosed Desires
Muse - United States of Eurasia

I find the mids to be overall recessed, and with these two songs I noticed the VK1's lack of separation. I found myself searching for Matt Bellamy's voice, especially in Undisclosed Desires.

Disclaimer: If in fact these do contain a graphene driver then the sound could possibly change. If I'm not mistaken I read over on the Earbuds thread thay graphene drivers change.

Would I recommend these? Short answer, NO.
Especially if you fall under these categories:
1. You own the KZ ZSR. The price range is similar but, keep in mind that you may have issues with the VK1's cable. I personally prefer the ZSR over the VK1. Better if you have the ZSR I suggest getting a cable like the TRN V20'S, I find it more comfortable and aesthetic than the stock KZ cable.
2. If you have small ears, absolutely skip these, the nozzle of the VK1 is shorter and thicker than the ZSR. The VK1 also has more pronounced lips on the top and bottom of them.

Of course though, with audio your mileage may vary. Just want to share my experience. :)

May 8, 2018 at 3:15 AM Post #10,409 of 31,833
Rose north forest hype is gone?

I`m still waiting on mine from Penon... starting to get worried if it arrives soon, or ever.

May 8, 2018 at 3:36 AM Post #10,410 of 31,833
My QKZ VK1 have arrived, along with KZ ZSR, ZS6 and two DAPs for on the go listening the F Audio S1 and the Hidizs AP60 mkII. I have to update my gear on my profile lol.

VK1
I first tried these with my phone but, it was a no go. Then tried with my AP60 mkII, got some sound but, they sounded out of phase. I switched the 2-pin connectors, still nothing good. As I was going to change the cable I noticed that the 3.5mm plug in the stock cable was longer than the plug on my extra TRN V20'S cable.

Can anyone with a VK1 verify if you also have the same issue where the 3.5mm's plug is longer than usual?

After that was all figured out I began listening to a couple of tracks with my F Audio S1, default EQ which is labeled ''Hi-Fi'. Volume at about 18-20 depending on the song.

For Bass I used the following songs:
Travis Scott & Quavo - Modern Slavery
Travis Scott & Quavo - Moonrock
Bass is present, it doesn have the same punch as the ZSR. I do find the extension to be similar in both.

Now I'll describe the treble since I believe these two songs are good to determine both bass and highs:
Still listening to Moonrock and Modern Slavery.

Like the ZSR the VK1's trebles is tame, I do not find them sibilant. I do notice with the VK1 that the snares in 'Moonrock' do not sound crisp at all, they sound dull and distant in comparison to the ZSR.

Mids, I used the following songs:
Muse - Undisclosed Desires
Muse - United States of Eurasia

I find the mids to be overall recessed, and with these two songs I noticed the VK1's lack of separation. I found myself searching for Matt Bellamy's voice, especially in Undisclosed Desires.

Disclaimer: If in fact these do contain a graphene driver then the sound could possibly change. If I'm not mistaken I read over on the Earbuds thread thay graphene drivers change.

Would I recommend these? Short answer, NO.
Especially if you fall under these categories:
1. You own the KZ ZSR. The price range is similar but, keep in mind that you may have issues with the VK1's cable. I personally prefer the ZSR over the VK1. Better if you have the ZSR I suggest getting a cable like the TRN V20'S, I find it more comfortable and aesthetic than the stock KZ cable.
2. If you have small ears, absolutely skip these, the nozzle of the VK1 is shorter and thicker than the ZSR. The VK1 also has more pronounced lips on the top and bottom of them.

Of course though, with audio your mileage may vary. Just want to share my experience. :)
How does V20 stacks against VK1 considering that they almost similarly priced?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back