CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 5, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #4,278 of 31,833
Hi guys, Kinera h3/ Rose mini2/ Magaosi k3 hd,
Which one do you think I should take? Thanks !
Got the H3, don't know if my pair is defective but I find them to sound quite dryish and especially trebly, its all about construction here, they look magnificent, but for me they do not sound liquid enough or very clean and lack air in instrument separation, for me, they were quite a deception, like, ultimate deception....really don't get the praise they got wich is why I still think my pair is defective....but ONLY one negative review open doors to doubt, since its not a nobody that get free stuff that write it. I mean....kid can have review blog these day and the lack of severity in review is more and more an evidence so....
as I read LOT of good stuffs from unpaid headfier (on forum too), I can say Magaosi look more promising, and personally, i'm eying the PRO for ali sale (85$).

Nov 5, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #4,279 of 31,833
Guys, as I know you became more and more hysterical about ALI SALE (and I hope ultimately patient if your from a country it will take now more than 2 months for delivery cause of high demands), what are you personal choice in the 50-100$ pricerange (sale price)???

I'm begining my list now (cause last year I was TOO hysterical and pass way too much time in silly game to win points and coupons!)

I really want to feel the WOW when listening to a near TOLT sound IEM, number of drivers doesnt really isimportant, its all about elegance of sound and musicality, but with the damn bass too (kind of sick of neutrality without well weighted bass).

Magaosi and Moni One look promising, as well as a numer of No Name 4-5-6 BA drivers IEM....really, no place for error here, i'm way too poor, like fo'real (this is why hyde stop being here too often, it's like stoping heroin...don't go in da crack house if you wanna stop!)

So, for the people that have the ''chance'' to be in a country where 50$ isn't 1 week salary, what your MOST BUY list for Ali sale???

Nov 5, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #4,280 of 31,833
Hey check that you didnt plug in the Kinera H3 wrong. Switch direction of the way you plugged in the two pin connector.

If that dosn't help swap cables and if that dosn't help after brain burn then they suck.

I was a bad iem junkie, spending hours a night for years researching, buying, buying, listening, buying, buying, researching etc.

The only cure was a pair of Angies and a set of HD800's. If the Angies weren't huge they would be perfection for me.
Everyone will have to find their own cure eventually, I hope you find yours.

Nov 5, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #4,281 of 31,833
Guys, as I know you became more and more hysterical about ALI SALE (and I hope ultimately patient if your from a country it will take now more than 2 months for delivery cause of high demands), what are you personal choice in the 50-100$ pricerange (sale price)???

I'm begining my list now (cause last year I was TOO hysterical and pass way too much time in silly game to win points and coupons!)

I really want to feel the WOW when listening to a near TOLT sound IEM, number of drivers doesnt really isimportant, its all about elegance of sound and musicality, but with the damn bass too (kind of sick of neutrality without well weighted bass).

Magaosi and Moni One look promising, as well as a numer of No Name 4-5-6 BA drivers IEM....really, no place for error here, i'm way too poor, like fo'real (this is why hyde stop being here too often, it's like stoping heroin...don't go in da crack house if you wanna stop!)

So, for the people that have the ''chance'' to be in a country where 50$ isn't 1 week salary, what your MOST BUY list for Ali sale???

One of the first $50+ IEMs I bought (about this time last year), was the TingJie R4 (4in1) - 1x Dynamic & 1x Balanced Armature, 16Ω, Ebony wood housing - Now called Fengru R4, [11.11 Sale Price = $82.12] - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...dmade-Earphone-HiFi-earphone/32730164804.html

I still really enjoy the way they sound, including the low Bass (good & clear, not overpowering).
Due to their shape, they aren't low-profile, which would allow you to sleep comfortably with them - like you can with the $69 Rose Aurora (which I also really enjoy listening to).

Nov 5, 2017 at 9:14 PM Post #4,282 of 31,833
One of the first $50+ IEMs I bought (about this time last year), was the TingJie R4 (4in1) - 1x Dynamic & 1x Balanced Armature, 16Ω, Ebony wood housing - Now called Fengru R4, [11.11 Sale Price = $82.12] - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...dmade-Earphone-HiFi-earphone/32730164804.html

I still really enjoy the way they sound, including the low Bass (good & clear, not overpowering).
Due to their shape, they aren't low-profile, which would allow you to sleep comfortably with them - like you can with the $69 Rose Aurora (which I also really enjoy listening to).

Well, thats an obscure IEM for sure, thanks for sharing....will think about it...but must admit form factor here isnt really my cup of tea. And the wood housing can be fragile I guess (i'm hard with my iem even if broke none of them yet!) At this price there some 6 BA drivers too...oh boy, its way more stressfull to search for IEM over 50$. In this price range I still enjoy my PMV A01 cause they are easy to drive with wathever source I use, but they arent magnificent, very good perhaps, but soundstage isnt ultra wide at all and feel more like a tapestry than a proper immersive sound. Still, they are the best to pair with Xduoo X3, and this duo do not take place in the pocket at all!

Did you tray any magaosi stuff?

Nov 5, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #4,283 of 31,833
Nov 5, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #4,285 of 31,833
Well, thats an obscure IEM for sure, thanks for sharing....will think about it...but must admit form factor here isnt really my cup of tea. And the wood housing can be fragile I guess (i'm hard with my iem even if broke none of them yet!) At this price there some 6 BA drivers too...oh boy, its way more stressfull to search for IEM over 50$. In this price range I still enjoy my PMV A01 cause they are easy to drive with wathever source I use, but they arent magnificent, very good perhaps, but soundstage isnt ultra wide at all and feel more like a tapestry than a proper immersive sound. Still, they are the best to pair with Xduoo X3, and this duo do not take place in the pocket at all!

Dude, don't freak out. It's just a sale and honestly before Christmas there will be another sale probably similar prices if you can't decide now. I personal didn't like the magaosi k3 pro much and doubt the hd version is a big improvement. As far as the ali sale, I'll probably get a couple of smartphones and am contemplating whether I should buy any iems - kinda eyeing the new whizzer a15 pro, the toneking nine tail, but honestly this month I'm mainly set on getting the new brainwavz b2 phoenix and the two new VE iems biggie and smalls.

Nov 5, 2017 at 9:52 PM Post #4,286 of 31,833

Yes, I've got the HLSX Magaosi MGS-BK50 - 1x Dynamic & 1x Balanced Armature, 32Ω, Wood housing, Tethered cable w/Mic.

I actually like the sound of BK50 better than the more expensive Tennmak Crazy Cello.

Nov 5, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #4,287 of 31,833
Dude, don't freak out. It's just a sale and honestly before Christmas there will be another sale probably similar prices if you can't decide now. I personal didn't like the magaosi k3 pro much and doubt the hd version is a big improvement. As far as the ali sale, I'll probably get a couple of smartphones and am contemplating whether I should buy any iems - kinda eyeing the new whizzer a15 pro, the toneking nine tail, but honestly this month I'm mainly set on getting the new brainwavz b2 phoenix and the two new VE iems biggie and smalls.
LOL, last year I freak out, this year i'm quite calm, just little stressed cause I just open my eye and begin my search yesterday....will certainly buy less stuff than you tough hehe, but if I look intense its because I dont got lot of money and because of freakish obsession of last year i know for sure 11/11 sale is the very unique day you can get extreme deal, like the svara at 50% or lot of other stuff, magaosi HD is better you say???? Wich one have better bass impact HD or PRO? Was eyin Whizzer too....man, my budget is 150$ in total and I would like to have more than just one pair of iem, but this is the debate....is it better to put it all on one higher priced pair (cause I have like 50 sub 50$ iem already) and if so, cause its always a damn blind test....wich one. Magaosi PRO can be find for about 75$ with coupon etc....and these no name IEM kind of ugly stuff with 5-6 BA will be about 80$.....

Nov 5, 2017 at 10:31 PM Post #4,288 of 31,833
Yes, I've got the HLSX Magaosi MGS-BK50 - 1x Dynamic & 1x Balanced Armature, 32Ω, Wood housing, Tethered cable w/Mic.

I actually like the sound of BK50 better than the more expensive Tennmak Crazy Cello.
Hum hum, kay, Thanks mate. can't find these one tough, are they better than Bossfi B3?....I check your ''fav list'' LZ A4 are very intriguing, wonder if they are ultra better than the A3 wich are more in my budget.

And what about this myserious hotfi HM1?....can't find them either.

Nov 5, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #4,289 of 31,833
LOL, last year I freak out, this year i'm quite calm, just little stressed cause I just open my eye and begin my search yesterday....will certainly buy less stuff than you tough hehe, but if I look intense its because I dont got lot of money and because of freakish obsession of last year i know for sure 11/11 sale is the very unique day you can get extreme deal, like the svara at 50% or lot of other stuff, magaosi HD is better you say???? Wich one have better bass impact HD or PRO? Was eyin Whizzer too....man, my budget is 150$ in total and I would like to have more than just one pair of iem, but this is the debate....is it better to put it all on one higher priced pair (cause I have like 50 sub 50$ iem already) and if so, cause its always a damn blind test....wich one. Magaosi PRO can be find for about 75$ with coupon etc....and these no name IEM kind of ugly stuff with 5-6 BA will be about 80$.....
I haven't heard the magaosi k3 hd. What I said is that I doubt is that much better than the pro. I've shared my thoughts on the k3 pro before, bass was too soft on the impact and a bit loose for my liking and the tonal accuracy and timbre were off. Also male vocals sound pushed back. I would look somewhere else, but you have to have realistic expectations - you won't be getting mid-tier, let alone TOTL performance for 100 bucks. You're doing something a lot of guy here do - you buy 20-30 (and even more) products for 50 bucks or less in search for a mythical giant killer instead of buying a couple of $300 iems or one cheaper TOTL one and calling it a day. So I don't know - grab a Vsonic gr07 for 60 bucks and maybe something else for circa 90 like the whizzer although don't know if it will be any good aside from build quality.

Nov 5, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #4,290 of 31,833
Also if you're a gambler, you can try the new magaosi k5, which with coupons should come under 150 bucks but after the k3 pro I personally wouldn't risk it though I think some people have already ordered it and should be receiving it any day now, so possibly there will be impressions before 11.11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back