CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 8, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #1,366 of 31,833
Quick breakdown of 4in1 V Tennmak Pro

The 4in1 is in an overall different league to the T Pro in regards to sound but it does have it's drawbacks which levels the field slightly. Sound has some weight behind it, and it is very accurate. It reminds me a bit of my dunu Dn 1000 in terms of sound and dynamics. It is VERY bright though, too bright for me... a little sharp and cutting although i can see others liking this signature. It's treble is far better than the T Pro. Night and day.

Bass has better resolution on the 4in1 although T Pro goes deeper and is maybe a bit more fun.

MIDS are better on the Tennmak Pro, more forward and better balance. the 4in1 mids are very recessed and take a back seat to bass and treble, VERY V shaped sound. 

The 4in1 ends up with a unique sound as the treble and bass give it a 3d soundstage but again push the mids into the background. T Pro soundstage is a wee bit narrower but both have good depth.

Detail is a difficult one to compare. T Pro more balance and has overall good detail. 4in1 being so hot means detail is a bit more in your face obvious, but you still have the very recessed mids which some won't like.

Both have good build. The 4in1 is heavy and large though, T Pro very comfy and sits perfect and has one of the best hook designed cables I've used yet.

I still prefer the Tennmak Pro though as it's a less fatiguing sound, but it still has a feel of a really good budget IEM whereas the 4in1 seems a more £70-100 sound. if they cooled the treble a bit and brought mids bit more forward into the mix the 4in1 could be a top quality IEM.

Oct 9, 2016 at 2:42 AM Post #1,367 of 31,833

Hi Vidal, thanks again for the smooth return, I sent it yesterday. Much appreciated you offering some alternatives too which i will def look into, the Macaw RT 100 looks especially interesting and I'm looking into some reviews on it. I'm also quite tempted to try the MusicMaker TW1 if you could give me a wee breakdown of it's signature? I've been looking into MM for a while now as their earbuds receive good reviews.

For anyone else, http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/wwwaproearcouk?rt=nc offers great customer service, akin to Trinity Audio. The HiSoundAudio Flamenco at only £17.99 is a great deal. this little thing really punches above it's weight and is super comfy.

I've got a replacement cable on route from China so all good. Just means I'll get a pair of 4in1s for myself all.

I'll have to PM you my thoughts on the TW1, I'll dig out my own pair have a listen and let you know.

Oct 9, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #1,368 of 31,833
Under $100 - Yamaha EPH-100... this has deep quality bass and fantastic crystal clear treble. Detail in mids is also good even though they are v shaped, helped by the bright top end (in the Uk these are £90 so i'd guess they were fairly similar in the states. can be pretty hot, but def accurate

Under $50 - Fiio EX 1 (formerly Dunu titan 1) $50-60... some say this can be pretty aggressive up top but it has a wide open sound and def has quality treble at it's price point

Under $20 - if you can get them cheap, HiSoundAudio Flamenco. Budget king IMHO. These have lovely musical bass, great texture and crisp highs without hitting sibilance.. gives it great amount of detail

EDIT : Spelling

*Correction: Dunu Titan 1 is still made and sold. Fiio & Dunu reached an agreement which allows Fiio to market the T1 as the EX1 for a slightly lower price. This has allowed Fiio "into the IEM" market. A very nice cooperative effort, I might add. Both are still sold and marketed as separate IEM's.

Oct 9, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #1,370 of 31,833
I'm just reminding myself of the E107, I swear these were made for MJs Thriller album. 

I'm sure this what Quincy Jones did after the Q701

Oct 9, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #1,371 of 31,833

The 4in1 is in an overall different league to the T Pro in regards to sound but it does have it's drawbacks which levels the field slightly. Sound has some weight behind it, and it is very accurate. It reminds me a bit of my dunu Dn 1000 in terms of sound and dynamics. It is VERY bright though, too bright for me... a little sharp and cutting although i can see others liking this signature. It's treble is far better than the T Pro. Night and day.

Bass has better resolution on the 4in1 although T Pro goes deeper and is maybe a bit more fun.

MIDS are better on the Tennmak Pro, more forward and better balance. the 4in1 mids are very recessed and take a back seat to bass and treble, VERY V shaped sound. 

The 4in1 ends up with a unique sound as the treble and bass give it a 3d soundstage but again push the mids into the background. T Pro soundstage is a wee bit narrower but both have good depth.

Detail is a difficult one to compare. T Pro more balance and has overall good detail. 4in1 being so hot means detail is a bit more in your face obvious, but you still have the very recessed mids which some won't like.

Both have good build. The 4in1 is heavy and large though, T Pro very comfy and sits perfect and has one of the best hook designed cables I've used yet.

I still prefer the Tennmak Pro though as it's a less fatiguing sound, but it still has a feel of a really good budget IEM whereas the 4in1 seems a more £70-100 sound. if they cooled the treble a bit and brought mids bit more forward into the mix the 4in1 could be a top quality IEM.

i dont understand, you said that 4in1 is in different league in treble and difference is night and day, but then in detail T pro has more balance and good details. kinda disappointed, hoped tennmak were at least as good as 4in1.

Oct 9, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #1,373 of 31,833
Oct 9, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #1,375 of 31,833

PLEASE try using JVC Spiral Dot tips (deep insertion if possible) - 4in1 will get more balanced and highs smoothed littlebit (not hot anymore). Also try different cable(s) with higher impedance to reduce highs "hotness" further. I use Tennmak SPOFC translucent white cable without mic.

Oct 9, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #1,377 of 31,833
can review of MusicMaker KK-Ting and compare with tenmmak pro

Yes. Once burned in. Only listened for about an hour so far, currently burning in using JLabs track then will be moving to Drums and Breaks station on Spotify. I give small listening sessions in between

Oct 9, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #1,380 of 31,833
So in terms of overall ability how would people rate the following older models: -

KZ ED9, Joyroom E107 and VJJB K4S

I'm donating to a charity raffle and I want to give out the best earphone for an average man on the street.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back