CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 30, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #12,691 of 31,833
I am leaning towards the P4, but how is the bass on B5+?

Bass is nice and full, with a bit more emphasis on mid-bass than on sub-bass. But, with the right set of tips, they hit hard. The one real detriment to the B5+ is that the sound is weirdly tip dependent, more so than anything else I've heard and I'm very into rolling tips. That means the earphone can be a lot of work to get just right, but when it's finally locked in they sound great.

Aug 30, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #12,693 of 31,833
For Betron BS10 fans or people who like dynamics, get the Omars A3 on Amazon if you can http://a.co/d/fQteWEO, you won't regret it. Huge sound and clarity. Very sweet. They're a bit big, but not uncomfortable.

I bought my Omars A3 exactly a year ago on a lightning deal. I never said anything at the time because I really did not know if I should trust my impressings being quite new to iems. That is also around the same time that I fell in love with the Uiisii CM5. I wish I could give proper reviews and impressions like some of you guys do but at least I feel better knowing that I can trust my ears. Now you have made me want to get them out for a listen....It was going to be a bud night...

I just had a look on Amazon UK and there is only 1 left... for about 10 pound less than I paid a year ago and I thought it was a good deal then.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #12,694 of 31,833
Well I just got the trn v80s though and love damn near everything about them. The treble can be a little harsh on badly produced tracks, but on well made tracks sounds killer.

Blown away by them for the money and the most comfortable IEM I've ever had.

Mine came in a metalic, almost mat blue rather than the mirror blue I've seen in all other pictures, has anyone else had them in this colour as I'm wondering if this is a second gen or something bearing in mind the different finish?
SmartSelect_20180829-225654_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #12,695 of 31,833
Well I just got the trn v80s though and love damn near everything about them. The treble can be a little harsh on badly produced tracks, but on well made tracks sounds killer.

Mine came in a metalic, almost mat blue rather than the mirror blue I've seen in all other pictures, has anyone else had them in this colour as I'm wondering if this is a second gen or something bearing in mind the different finish?
i got the black version today, tomorrow my blue one is coming, they sound killer for sure

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #12,696 of 31,833
Am I the only one having issues with Aliexpress on FireFox and Chrome?

Did they fix the cable? The Y Split on my shiny blue is absurdly low. Its really confusing how someone thought that's where the split should be. And a cinch would have been nice.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #12,697 of 31,833
Last edited:
Aug 30, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #12,698 of 31,833
Darn these Aliexpress sales.
I bought the TRN V80 and ZS AS10 earlier this week, plus a fairly nicely specced Bluetooth transmitter.

I have a thing for small, thin-bodied (casing) in-ears, as I can both sleep with them in and used them under ear muffs at work (loud office).
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Eli...ne-Portable-Earphone-Earbuds/32870392483.html are my latest purchase.
Really, really comfy.
Sound-wise, laid back, smooth and rich sounding while decently clear, although they could do with more sparkle in the treble. However, I haven't played around with tips yet, because the one that were on them when they arrived are just so darn comfy...

Aug 30, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #12,699 of 31,833
BQEYZ KC2 and the BQ3, any impressions? BQEYZ BQ3 vs BGVP DMG would be a nice comparison.

Aug 30, 2018 at 5:36 PM Post #12,700 of 31,833
I bought my Omars A3 exactly a year ago on a lightning deal. I never said anything at the time because I really did not know if I should trust my impressings being quite new to iems. That is also around the same time that I fell in love with the Uiisii CM5. I wish I could give proper reviews and impressions like some of you guys do but at least I feel better knowing that I can trust my ears. Now you have made me want to get them out for a listen....It was going to be a bud night...

I just had a look on Amazon UK and there is only 1 left... for about 10 pound less than I paid a year ago and I thought it was a good deal then.
The big, warm sound of large dynamic driver at least would be a change from the countless crisp and clear BA/hybrid pairs in your inventory :-D I say they're worth getting out again. This one actually got 2 dynamic drivers - 15mm and 7mm, if the amazon spec can be trusted. Quite an interesting set.

Aug 30, 2018 at 5:42 PM Post #12,701 of 31,833
The big, warm sound of large dynamic driver at least would be a change from the countless crisp and clear BA/hybrid pairs in your inventory :-D I say they're worth getting out again. This one actually got 2 dynamic drivers - 15mm and 7mm, if the amazon spec can be trusted. Quite an interesting set.

Actually I have quite a few that are single or double dynamic...and then there are my buds...

Aug 30, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #12,702 of 31,833
Did they fix the cable? The Y Split on my shiny blue is absurdly low. Its really confusing how someone thought that's where the split should be. And a cinch would have been nice.

Rubber bands for braces, or mechanical keyboard o rings.

Aug 30, 2018 at 6:08 PM Post #12,703 of 31,833
I have the shiny finish, I saw a post of them in purple/grape color...I know there were a few people that really like purple IEM's. That metallic matte version looks less plasticy, Either way, V80 sill one of my dailys, been bouncing between my pioneer CH5T and V80's for a few weeks now as far as comfort and favorite signature.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156325175874792&set=p.10156325175874792&type=3&theater

OMG, purple?!? @mbwilson111 is going to have a heart attack!

Aug 30, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #12,704 of 31,833
Horsky from your link = Zodic ET1101 (plastic), Zodic ET1102 (wood). They are absolutely different both in design and sound. Which one did you buy and describe?
17240_2.1517848043.jpg

17240_3.1517848141.jpg

And their top model, the 2201, is the same as BGVP Sidy DM5

I've since bought them both. My review was on the plastic one which I've been listening to for days. It has this certain charm... lovely vocals, silky bass and a unique soundstage. I got the wooden one today and they are equally as fantastic. They compliment each other very well. The wooden one is the one that would be more popular. It's value well outstrips it's £9.99 I paid. Wooden housing does something to vocals that makes them so natural. the bass on the wooden one is very high quality... VERY high. Extremely deep and punchy, and doesn't bleed in to mis. Bright treble that is very detailed. They do come with the same TERRIBLE tips the other one came for. Using the tips from the ARTISTE DC1 on them makes them a totally different sounding IEM, just like the other. I seriously recommend them both. Some people may not take to the plastic one as it's a little bright and thin... but the soundstage is really enjoyable and fun, very open sounding and some songs really take to them... big harmonies, live music. I'm going to do a review of both this weekend... they deserve it. Just so busy right now at work... sigh.

Aug 30, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #12,705 of 31,833
Looking at that first graph made my ears start bleeding.

Graph don't always tell the tale.

ET1101 (plastic) - bright but FAR from fatiguing. It helps the soundstage really develop. I'm pretty treble sensitive but the bass and vocals are smooth as silk. As i said, quite a unique sounding IEM. Defo needs a few hours to really take in how good it can sound.

ET1102 (wood) - brighter too but better quality treble and just as open. It's an overall sound with better body than the plastic, which I've got from most if not all wooden IEms I have. If you enjoy bass driven music they'd be a treat for you, but that's not me labelling them in to one genre. It's woofer bass at time but in check. i just listen to some John Williams and Andrew Lloyd Webber and they perform nicely.

They are both £10 IEMs remember. The wooden one is the better quality but I still have a soft spot for the 1101 (plastic). Both are very comfy but i do stress they need the right tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back