CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 13, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #5,191 of 31,833
if you want something much better at the same price, get the Boarseman KR25-D. And if you want an $80 earphone for $22 (eBay), get the decent Sony MH1C.

Actually, i have the boarseman kr-25d, because you recommended them to me in audiob... Them and the swing ie800. By the time a was in doubt for the two or urbanfun hybrid. I find them -kr25- superior to zircon, but that does'nt mean that i like them more. I
got used to the sibilance of zircon with little time, and i find them really Funny, as the hm7. Maybe i am a V-shaped guy and don't know. The boarseman are really good, they have the enough bass, and the mids are more natural. No sibilance.

But i Just Keep liking the other two. I gave up on kr-25, because they are HORRIBLY built, no mic, thin cable. I asked a einsear T2 to substitute them. And a memt x5 to substitute zircon. As for your recommendation of mh1c, i searched on them, but did'nt have the courage to ask for them. The j cord and huge mic is a deal breaker. For the warm, balancead sound of them, i made an order of hifiman re-400, they seem similar by the description. Also KZ edr2 should do the job of a warm balancead sound - someone here said that they Beat the re-400.

Dec 13, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #5,192 of 31,833
piercing treble

Not what I hear either..and I use the Starlines that came with them. I can't stand the feel of foams.

The KZ ZS 6. Is one of my favorite iems.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017 at 10:20 PM Post #5,193 of 31,833
Actually, i have the boarseman kr-25d, because you recommended them to me in audiob... Them and the swing ie800. By the time a was in doubt for the two or urbanfun hybrid. I find them -kr25- superior to zircon, but that does'nt mean that i like them more. I
got used to the sibilance of zircon with little time, and i find them really Funny, as the hm7. Maybe i am a V-shaped guy and don't know. The boarseman are really good, they have the enough bass, and the mids are more natural. No sibilance.

But i Just Keep liking the other two. I gave up on kr-25, because they are HORRIBLY built, no mic, thin cable. I asked a einsear T2 to substitute them. And a memt x5 to substitute zircon. As for your recommendation of mh1c, i searched on them, but did'nt have the courage to ask for them. The j cord and huge mic is a deal breaker. For the warm, balancead sound of them, i made an order of hifiman re-400, they seem similar by the description. Also KZ edr2 should do the job of a warm balancead sound - someone here said that they Beat the re-400.

Earphones with no mic/remote: most high-end ones don't have them, frankly. Can be added: you can buy extension chords with remote (and possibly with microphone).
Sony cable: yes, it is horrible but you get a great sound for little money.
KZ EDR2: quite good but not any better than the other ones you mentioned.

Dec 13, 2017 at 10:50 PM Post #5,194 of 31,833
Not what I hear either..and I use the Starlines that came with them. I can't stand the feel of foams.

The KZ ZS 6. Is one of my favorite iems.
OH YES! Some positive vibe. Lets just talk about what we love.....about negativity, I will try to avoid this bad experience by making a trustable seller list for Aliseller, can PM me about the one to really avoid. This became: Personal!
200.gif

So, back to the GOOD vibe hehe. ZS6 being one of your favorite is reassuring. DO you own both ZS5 and 6? WHats the difference between the 2??

Dec 14, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #5,195 of 31,833
So I ended up getting these $10 C610 IEMs from Amazon... an impulse buy obviously... something to hold me over as I await for my TinAudio T2 to make their way from China.

For $10, they are not bad. Good fit, fairly comfortable. From sound perspective, I'd call them V-shaped... decent sub-bass, but somewhat lacking in mid-bass compared to my old Panasonic HJE350. High frequencies are a little too much for me though and sound a bit muddy/shrill, again compared to HJE350 which have been my main IEMs prior to discovering Head-Fi.

I haven't tried the mic function yet...

39043313471_851baa1a47_o.jpg

Dec 14, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #5,196 of 31,833
OH YES! Some positive vibe. Lets just talk about what we love.....about negativity, I will try to avoid this bad experience by making a trustable seller list for Aliseller, can PM me about the one to really avoid. This became: Personal!
200.gif

So, back to the GOOD vibe hehe. ZS6 being one of your favorite is reassuring. DO you own both ZS5 and 6? WHats the difference between the 2??

For me the 6 is smoother.

Dec 14, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #5,197 of 31,833
Thats a smooth answer to my ears, my main DAP is quite brightish (DX90) so it will pair better than ZS5 I guess.

Dec 14, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #5,198 of 31,833
Any impressions about this **** BELSING HYBRIDS yet??
HTB1L65YhBDH8KJjy1zeq6xjepXaK.jpg

Intriguing dual hybrid for about 25-30$.

Curious about
CTZ Kodo Hybrid even more:
HTB1DuC5XAfb_uJkHFCcq6xagFXaG.jpg

HTB15dHVbBHH8KJjy0Fbq6AqlpXaM.jpg

Dec 14, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #5,199 of 31,833
Not that I want to share Negative Vibe, but now its CONFIRM by TWO HEADFIER that the 6BA I buy is ALWAYS a defective product.
Hope nobody else will fall in this trap.
DO NOT BUY Tiandirenhe DIY HIFI Custom Made 6BA Balanced Armature BA Drivers Ear headset Around!!!!!!!!!!!

ZenoJin said:
well, i saw your post of the 6BA iem, what is focking coincidence, i have the same blood iem as you, and all the problem i have is the same as yours but i bought this like 3-4 months ago i think. either way i believe buying china iem is like taking a risk, if you are lucky, you get a wonderful product, if you are unlucky, you get a rubbish product just like that crap 6ba iem....

Me:
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!! ooooooooooooookay.
See, if I have read a post sharing this very toughs of you and me, well, I will have NEVER buy those crap...we must help each other in this risky chifi world cause some take risk and loose money like you and me. I write to the seller for return and it look like...well. that i SHOULD pay for returning a defective product (wich you now confirm is THE product they wanna sell as a seriously finish product), he tell me to let burn them in (an arguments use for make time passing so return is impossible on ALI after) as well as not playing music loud cause it will create distortion ahah, another joke, as even at low volume it can't deal with any bass, always sound like farts to be honnest, yes, muffled flatulence. Soundstage is small...whats this nozzle anyway how can some air pass trough this...by the way, they are different metal nozzle than the one in pictures. Hum. I'm pretty sure to have full refund but not sure that I will not....have to pay something to return this garbage.
Thanks for sharing this, I feel a little less lonely now:)
Brother of despair here hehe.
I think about writing a Black list of seller to avoid...will I do it don't know...

Will share this so a real confirmation can be made to Avoid any headfier fall in the:
Tiandirenhe DIY HIFI Custom Made 6BA Balanced Armature BA Drivers Ear headset Around
TRAP.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #5,201 of 31,833
Not that I want to share Negative Vibe, but now its CONFIRM by TWO HEADFIER that the 6BA I buy is ALWAYS a defective product.
Hope nobody else will fall in this trap.
DO NOT BUY Tiandirenhe DIY HIFI Custom Made 6BA Balanced Armature BA Drivers Ear headset Around!!!!!!!!!!!

ZenoJin said:
well, i saw your post of the 6BA iem, what is focking coincidence, i have the same blood iem as you, and all the problem i have is the same as yours but i bought this like 3-4 months ago i think. either way i believe buying china iem is like taking a risk, if you are lucky, you get a wonderful product, if you are unlucky, you get a rubbish product just like that crap 6ba iem....

Me:
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!! ooooooooooooookay.
See, if I have read a post sharing this very toughs of you and me, well, I will have NEVER buy those crap...we must help each other in this risky chifi world cause some take risk and loose money like you and me. I write to the seller for return and it look like...well. that i SHOULD pay for returning a defective product (wich you now confirm is THE product they wanna sell as a seriously finish product), he tell me to let burn them in (an arguments use for make time passing so return is impossible on ALI after) as well as not playing music loud cause it will create distortion ahah, another joke, as even at low volume it can't deal with any bass, always sound like farts to be honnest, yes, muffled flatulence. Soundstage is small...whats this nozzle anyway how can some air pass trough this...by the way, they are different metal nozzle than the one in pictures. Hum. I'm pretty sure to have full refund but not sure that I will not....have to pay something to return this garbage.
Thanks for sharing this, I feel a little less lonely now:)
Brother of despair here hehe.
I think about writing a Black list of seller to avoid...will I do it don't know...

Will share this so a real confirmation can be made to Avoid any headfier fall in the:
Tiandirenhe DIY HIFI Custom Made 6BA Balanced Armature BA Drivers Ear headset Around
TRAP.

Why don't you write a review for the crappy product? There is nothing illegal of selling an overpriced crappy product, unfortunately. I'm always wary of too little reviews and am always worried about build quality on the long run when I go over 40eu (the fact that an IEM is in metal doesn't mean the insides aren't attached using tape with saliva.

Dec 14, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #5,202 of 31,833

i really wonder how people still can give a 5 rating on ali for this crap .-.

Because sellers whine and might blacklist you if you give them anything less than 5 stars. The rating system is broken and I do not trust it at all. That applies to reviews appearing on any similar service though.

Dec 14, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #5,203 of 31,833

i really wonder how people still can give a 5 rating on ali for this crap .-.
Yeah....I read a ''positive'' feedback that I should have take more seriously, wasnt thinking weak bass mean that distorted disaster. I really think ALI feedback aren't trustable for must part, how can you give 5 stars when you think the bass is weak? I think all review there are paid for or something like that, rest of description is pure BS.

(1)
Color: BA and headset Logistics: AliExpress Standard Shipping 5 stars rating
These are the most expensive earphones I've ever ordered, but I think they are the cheapest 6ba around. Build quality is very high, robust shells. The sound is cold (typical balanced armature sound) with weak bass (no sub bass obviously) forward clear mids, treble not very extended, I expected more details. Soundstage is the best feature of these earphones, huge soundstage. Overall these are probably the best bargain if you look for neutral flat signature.
13 Sep 2017 09:05
Why don't you write a review for the ****ty product? There is nothing illegal of selling an overpriced ****ty product, unfortunately. I'm always wary of too little reviews and am always worried about build quality on the long run when I go over 40eu (the fact that an IEM is in metal doesn't mean the insides aren't attached using tape with saliva.
Hum, I will find a way to return them (for a 24g enveloppe with tracking it cost 55$cad in canada (by boat!), its just plain crazy epensive) and can't listen more to this crap, its a this point non listenanble, I try and just swear: PLEASE STOP TORTURING ME! And I cry, and I think of killing myself.
No but seriously, I will perhaps write an official ultra fast review (can't endure this more than 5minutes, like life or death survival instinct), its a 1 and this its for outside construction. But its a generous zero for sound.

Dec 14, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #5,204 of 31,833
Yeah....I read a ''positive'' feedback that I should have take more seriously, wasnt thinking weak bass mean that distorted disaster. I really think ALI feedback aren't trustable for must part, how can you give 5 stars when you think the bass is weak? I think all review there are paid for or something like that, rest of description is pure BS.

(1)
Color: BA and headset Logistics: AliExpress Standard Shipping 5 stars rating
These are the most expensive earphones I've ever ordered, but I think they are the cheapest 6ba around. Build quality is very high, robust shells. The sound is cold (typical balanced armature sound) with weak bass (no sub bass obviously) forward clear mids, treble not very extended, I expected more details. Soundstage is the best feature of these earphones, huge soundstage. Overall these are probably the best bargain if you look for neutral flat signature.
13 Sep 2017 09:05

Hum, I will find a way to return them (for a 24g enveloppe with tracking it cost 55$cad in canada (by boat!), its just plain crazy epensive) and can't listen more to this crap, its a this point non listenanble, I try and just swear: PLEASE STOP TORTURING ME! And I cry, and I think of killing myself.
No but seriously, I will perhaps write an official ultra fast review (can't endure this more than 5minutes, like life or death survival instinct), its a 1 and this its for outside construction. But its a generous zero for sound.

Is it possible you just got a defective pair? Maybe they're all awesome and you just got a bad pair? That happens with all gear - I've gotten defective IEMs and stuff before.

Dec 14, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #5,205 of 31,833
When you make a return on Ali make sure you get tracking. If you do not get tracking you can't prove you sent them and you will have no refund.
The seller will likely say return them for testing, make sure to launch a dispute with Ali and don't take the sellers word they will refund once they receive the product.
Maybe they will, maybe they won't but protect yourself with a dispute select the refund option and the faulty product and ipload the tracking number once you ship it back.

The bad news is that it will cost you $50 - 60 to ship it back to China from Canada. But thats better than owning a $200 muffled fart bass inear.

We need a list of iems to stay away from eh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back