CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 15, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #4,562 of 31,832
I would give link to my profile workshop gallery but I have no idea what is going of with H-Fi gallery system (Xgen) - I can`t see any pictures I`ve uploaded in past or present.
But in weird way, google pic search with "VE NUN-mod" shows my gallery pics. If I click on google pic link - nada ;(
Wow man....thats very nice work! Yep, Lee should have hire you:wink:
8739741_l.jpg

Nov 15, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #4,563 of 31,832
Reason Im subbed to this thread is gems like the xDuoo X3. This thing has the same DAC as my favourite CD player, has a cool simple oled screen, is portable and costs less than quarter of its price. The player keeps saying 'See You Soon!' when I switch it off... it knows Im satisfied.
Yeah, use this bad boy everyday! PMV A01 Mk2 are crazy good duo, cause of his low impendance and bright sound that X3 balance well!
Line out sound cleaner IMO, with some portable amp this still kick as of lot of pricier.
Only drawback is battery....cause mine, just today, feel akwardly low fast....so I guess I would have to change it, wich is a big deal for a clumsy guy like me (only repair Ido is for sennheiser cable and even if I do a good work....I use defective cable in my lot!)

Anyway, if you don't care about screen, Walnut V2 or Zishan Z2 is really good choice! Ak4490 in the Z2 I think, and you can change OPamp etc and its ultra cheap. Walnut V3 is a no go for now cause of QC problem tough

Nov 15, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #4,564 of 31,832
Reason Im subbed to this thread is gems like the xDuoo X3. This thing has the same DAC as my favourite CD player, has a cool simple oled screen, is portable and costs less than quarter of its price. The player keeps saying 'See You Soon!' when I switch it off... it knows Im satisfied.

Slim, simple and good sound!

No wifi, no Bluetooth. No Android and No EQ! OK, these might be disadvantages for many people.

Nov 15, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #4,565 of 31,832
Ollivan also sell fake versions of Chinese earphones - bought some LETV ones from them and they were fakes - and pass off returns as new. They're cheap as they're rip off artists.

Ollivan trade under a number of different names on Ali as well.
200.gif

Hum, thats not good news. So the WARNING is justify. Wish I know it before. Will have to use crappy ali help....perhaps the MONK are false....and OLLIVAN is obsess to supposly send another pair when I just want a refund....I think I will ask to Mister LEE!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT:So, Mister Lee think that any Monk stuffs that isn't from his shop is must likely fake. Taking the fact the Monk + was 2$ less than the one in his store, it is surely impossible that OLLIVAN sell original product. That and the Vidal assumption about FAKE make this shop VERY VERY SUSPICIOUS!!!!! STAY THE FOCK AWAY FROM IT!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2017 at 11:14 PM Post #4,566 of 31,832
Slim, simple and good sound!

No wifi, no Bluetooth. No Android and No EQ! OK, these might be disadvantages for many people.

Add Rockbox, and you'll have EQ plus a ton of other features!

Nov 16, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #4,567 of 31,832
Hello! (I posted here months and months ago if I recall, but that's not important)
My Tennmak Pros died this morning, so I guess I'm in the market for new IEMs! I'll be using these in a really noisy environment (70-80 db on my commuter bus, measured on my V30 this morning) I tend to enjoy a V shaped sound profile, on account of my Superlux 668B's, and the Tennmaks were probably my favorite IEM to date. I'm looking to spend ~50 USD.

Sorry if this isn't the correct place to post this!

Nov 16, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #4,568 of 31,832
Hello! (I posted here months and months ago if I recall, but that's not important)
My Tennmak Pros died this morning, so I guess I'm in the market for new IEMs! I'll be using these in a really noisy environment (70-80 db on my commuter bus, measured on my V30 this morning) I tend to enjoy a V shaped sound profile, on account of my Superlux 668B's, and the Tennmaks were probably my favorite IEM to date. I'm looking to spend ~50 USD.

Feel free to browse the reviews I, Loomis and Peter123 have done here

Nov 16, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #4,569 of 31,832
I'm torn between BGVP DM5 and TFZ EXCLUSIVE 3, any suggestions? Balanced sound, comfort and soundstage are my priorities.

Although let's be honest, I've just gotten into Chi-Fi addiction and want to buy Everything.

Nov 16, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #4,570 of 31,832
I'm torn between BGVP DM5 and TFZ EXCLUSIVE 3, any suggestions? Balanced sound, comfort and soundstage are my priorities.

Although let's be honest, I've just gotten into Chi-Fi addiction and want to buy Everything.

Imo there is no contest; Exclusive 3 hands down. Much more even sounding, better ergonomics, fantastic sound stage that rivals stuff like the B3 Pro I. The only thing I'd take the DM5 over the Excl. 3 for is sub-bass. The DM5's low, low end is drool worthy :p

Nov 16, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #4,571 of 31,832

DM5 has a narrow soundstage and is very far from balanced, not heard the TFZ so can't comment.

Nov 16, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #4,572 of 31,832
Thanks, that settles it :D

Basically after being shocked by how good the KZ Ate sound compared to my Fiio F9 I'm about to get: KZ ZS3, **** UEs, TinAudio T2 and TFZ Exclusive 3.

I think we all started in am similar way. Curiosity will kill my wallet.

Among those the one I'm the most excited for is the T2, just love the simple look.

Nov 16, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #4,574 of 31,832
Thanks, that settles it :D

Basically after being shocked by how good the KZ Ate sound compared to my Fiio F9 I'm about to get: KZ ZS3, **** UEs, TinAudio T2 and TFZ Exclusive 3.

I think we all started in am similar way. Curiosity will kill my wallet.

Among those the one I'm the most excited for is the T2, just love the simple look.

Yeah ATE is what really opened my eyes years ago, and in my mind really put KZ on the map. I feel it’s hands down the best price-to-sound IEM value you can possibly find. Modded, it’s an epic value.

I just picked up another pair for $3.99 from Gearbest a few days ago. $3.99 shipped to my doorstep - you can’t even buy a good cup of coffee for that.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #4,575 of 31,832
So, Mister Lee think that any Monk stuffs that isn't from his shop is must likely fake. Taking the fact the Monk + was 2$ less than the one in his store, it is surely impossible that OLLIVAN buy them a

If you still have your cable....I just fall on Tennmak Piano in official Tennmak store and the price is surprisingly low without cable....11$!!!!!!!!!!! Crazy low price if ya ask me.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ten...-68e2-4b09-b7b6-2b5b1f7f7eac&rmStoreLevelAB=0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back