CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 29, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #4,127 of 31,832
Trio is also deserve a look specially with detachable cable and three turning options ,

Kinda pass on this one if you ask me, budget IEM with plastic-y modular parts = asking for trouble. Not saying that it has to be bad, just that this is not worth it even if it sounds better than the best regular option @ that price, and I kinda doubt that.

Oct 29, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #4,128 of 31,832
Kinda pass on this one if you ask me, budget IEM with plastic-y modular parts = asking for trouble. Not saying that it has to be bad, just that this is not worth it even if it sounds better than the best regular option @ that price, and I kinda doubt that.
I would skip that too as its almost same like Pro, Cello is on another league and with 11.11 its worth buying for $37.

Oct 29, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #4,129 of 31,832
Now, I`m now between those IEMs:

1) Magaosi K3 PRO / HD
2) TFZ Exclusive 5 / King
3) Toneking 9 tail
4) TinAudio T2

Considering my love for modified ATE 5th gen & KZ ZS5v1 - what would You recommend to me
@B9Scrambler & @crabdog ? Other users input also welcome of course!
I also like Magaosi BK50 but it is somehow "too smooth" and missing some "crispiness and punch".
I also like **** 4in1 (with high-impedance cable and spiral dot tips), quite close sounding to ZS5v1 but slightly too neutral/recessed mids and too "cut off" decays/reverbs, thus sounding littlebit boring.
If only ZS5v1 (with large bore silicone tips and stock cable) would have my modified ATE FF-mod more prominent mids and punchy/tight "crisp & detailed" low end - I would have my personal end-game IEM.
ZS5v1 highs are quite perfect for my ears btw.

I certainly don`t wish recessed mids.
I certainly don`t wish harsh treble (especially around 6,5-7,5kHz)
I certainly don`t wish noticeable mid-bass boost.
I certainly don`t wish for clear V-shaped IEM.

I wish for near-neutral signature with slight warmish tilted sound (littlebit L-shape or W-shape signature is tolerable),
tight, punchy and detailed "crisp" bass (not only mid-bass but also sub-bass rumble and micro-details),
slightly "smooth" but detailed treble,
large soundstage (rather better frontal depth than width) and imaging "out of the headstage" (no in-your-face inside headspace vocals like LZ A2S for example).

I know, it`s hard to get something like that but which comes closest to my wishes?
K3Pro?

I think I will exclude also 9Tail because of shape and price.

Any thoughts @B9Scrambler & @crabdog ?

Oct 29, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #4,130 of 31,832
I haven't heard the K3 or any variant of it but judging from your description of what you're looking for I'd probably suggest the T2. It's got a very tight, textured bass that is not in the least bit bloated.

My preference from your list would be the 9 Tail but it might not have the "punch" you're looking for.

The TFZ King has an annoying peak in the lower treble that makes it unpleasant for me personally.

While I'm very impressed by the T2 it's not really my preferred kind of sound, I find the mid-bass a bit too neutral (sub-bass is fantastic) and overall it's a little bright for my liking. The treble is quite prominent but it's not at all harsh, just putting itself out there.

Oct 30, 2017 at 5:45 AM Post #4,132 of 31,832
I haven't heard the K3 or any variant of it but judging from your description of what you're looking for I'd probably suggest the T2. It's got a very tight, textured bass that is not in the least bit bloated.

My preference from your list would be the 9 Tail but it might not have the "punch" you're looking for.

The TFZ King has an annoying peak in the lower treble that makes it unpleasant for me personally.

While I'm very impressed by the T2 it's not really my preferred kind of sound, I find the mid-bass a bit too neutral (sub-bass is fantastic) and overall it's a little bright for my liking. The treble is quite prominent but it's not at all harsh, just putting itself out there.
Thanks for feedback!
Are T2 mids too neutral or even recessed? Is it clearly V-shaped?
I excluded 9tail because of its shape.
About TFZ King - didn`t know it had spike in lower treble. But what about Exclusive 5? Same issue?

While I`m very interested in dual-dynamic T2 (especially you mentioned it having very tight & detailed bass), I`m also worried if I get enough SQ upgrade over ZS5v1 and modified ATE?

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #4,133 of 31,832

T2 would be the best but personally I found them rolled off in the sub-bass. While their sound stage isn't much beyond average, they do well with imaging and layering which makes up for it. Tip rolling highly recommended to get the most out of them as the stock tips are nothing more than acceptable (generic set included with most Chinese iems). I wouldn't consider them v-shaped. Mellow treble and clear mids are pretty even with bass filling out the background. They're pretty neutral for something in their price range. They remind me a lot of the Simgot EN700 Pro actually, just with less bass and a smaller sound stage. Tonally quite similar. Exl. 5 has got bright treble and big bass, so not really in line with what you want. King is extremely similar but with the bass toned down; closer to neutral but with a treble focus. I only have the original K3 (Audbos rebrand) but they're clearly v-shaped. Can't comment on the 9 Tail.

Oct 30, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #4,134 of 31,832
I only have the original K3 (Audbos rebrand) but they're clearly v-shaped. Can't comment on the 9 Tail.
Really? That is kinda surprise to me. I thought K3Pro is rather near-neutral.
T2 would be the best but personally I found them rolled off in the sub-bass. While their sound stage isn't much beyond average, they do well with imaging and layering which makes up for it.
Maybe I can do some mods to improve soundstage and bass response :wink:
B9Scrambler said:
Tip rolling highly recommended to get the most out of them as the stock tips are nothing more than acceptable (generic set included with most Chinese iems). I wouldn't consider them v-shaped. Mellow treble and clear mids are pretty even with bass filling out the background. They're pretty neutral for something in their price range. They remind me a lot of the Simgot EN700 Pro actually, just with less bass and a smaller sound stage. Tonally quite similar.
I have ~40 different silicone tips for my ears, so, tip-rolling isn`t problem :wink:
B9Scrambler said:
Exl. 5 has got bright treble and big bass, so not really in line with what you want. King is extremely similar but with the bass toned down; closer to neutral but with a treble focus.
Oh, kinda disappointment again, thought that TFZ Ex5 and King are quite near-neutral. After reading some reviews and impressions though, seems they have boosted higher-mids/highs and bass, not something I wish for.

Anyway, thanks for very useful input and I`m seriously considering T2 over K3Pro and King/5, which are almost double price. And the fact I like dynamics and don`t have proper chi-fi dual-dynamic in my IEM bucket, I think I`ll jump on the train with T2.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #4,135 of 31,832
I found mine to settle a bit after a couple of days. Whether it was burn-in or brain-in I don't know but at first I found them a bit bright and bass heavy.
I'd still call these honeymoon phase impressions!

But a couple days in with my Veedix NC50 with plenty of time spent listening and being left to burn-in when not in use (I choose to burn my stuff in even though I don't believe it will make a significant difference, take that as you will :shrug:) - bass is still elevated, but far less distracting, treble really seems to have come out to play with a perfect balance between brightness and smooth presentation. Cymbals and high-hats are still pushed back compared to where I'm used to hearing them, but not to the strangely distracting degree I was hearing initially.

Popping my KZ ZS5s (v1) in for a quick listen (I don't think they've sat idle this long since I got them...) and I can't help but notice a few points of comparison.

I'm not hearing them as all that tonally different after a couple days of burn-in (I'll chalk this up to brain burn-in as the ZS5s are pretty close to what I "want" to hear, tonally, but feel free to take this as you please), though I'd still say the Veedix tends towards a bit more L-shaped with more bass and smoother treble versus the ZS5's slightly more energetic U-shape.

Texture is somewhat different, the Veedix strike me as incredibly controlled at both ends - they can rumble and ring if called upon, but they can also avoid doing so with shocking precision, where the ZS5s come off as considerably less controlled in the bass region (not uncontrolled per say, but they like to rumble a bit more). Vocals on the Veedix also strike me as having a naturalness that the ZS5 can't quite match at times.

Sound stage is night and day different though - I hear the ZS5 as having an absurdly expansive sound stage with rather poor precision (congested / poorly separated at times despite its sheer size), where the Veedix is smallish (by no means tiny, but rarely reaching out very far in width) but very precise (great separation makes the most of the smaller sound stage, though someone that doesn't like in-head vocals might disagree with that statement).

I also find myself better able to enjoy the Veedix at a variety of volumes after becoming a bit more accustomed to the bass presence - where I typically don't push my ZS5s very loud (I'd typically switch out for something else if I want to go much louder), I'm perfectly happy listening to the Veedix at both my typical low volumes all the way up to blasting them near the upper edge of my comfort zone.

The more I listen to them, the less inclined I feel to buy anything else (in the short-term at least). :D

Oct 30, 2017 at 7:26 PM Post #4,136 of 31,832
I'd still call these honeymoon phase impressions!

But a couple days in with my Veedix NC50 with plenty of time spent listening and being left to burn-in when not in use (I choose to burn my stuff in even though I don't believe it will make a significant difference, take that as you will :shrug:) - bass is still elevated, but far less distracting, treble really seems to have come out to play with a perfect balance between brightness and smooth presentation. Cymbals and high-hats are still pushed back compared to where I'm used to hearing them, but not to the strangely distracting degree I was hearing initially.

Popping my KZ ZS5s (v1) in for a quick listen (I don't think they've sat idle this long since I got them...) and I can't help but notice a few points of comparison.

I'm not hearing them as all that tonally different after a couple days of burn-in (I'll chalk this up to brain burn-in as the ZS5s are pretty close to what I "want" to hear, tonally, but feel free to take this as you please), though I'd still say the Veedix tends towards a bit more L-shaped with more bass and smoother treble versus the ZS5's slightly more energetic U-shape.

Texture is somewhat different, the Veedix strike me as incredibly controlled at both ends - they can rumble and ring if called upon, but they can also avoid doing so with shocking precision, where the ZS5s come off as considerably less controlled in the bass region (not uncontrolled per say, but they like to rumble a bit more). Vocals on the Veedix also strike me as having a naturalness that the ZS5 can't quite match at times.

Sound stage is night and day different though - I hear the ZS5 as having an absurdly expansive sound stage with rather poor precision (congested / poorly separated at times despite its sheer size), where the Veedix is smallish (by no means tiny, but rarely reaching out very far in width) but very precise (great separation makes the most of the smaller sound stage, though someone that doesn't like in-head vocals might disagree with that statement).

I also find myself better able to enjoy the Veedix at a variety of volumes after becoming a bit more accustomed to the bass presence - where I typically don't push my ZS5s very loud (I'd typically switch out for something else if I want to go much louder), I'm perfectly happy listening to the Veedix at both my typical low volumes all the way up to blasting them near the upper edge of my comfort zone.

The more I listen to them, the less inclined I feel to buy anything else (in the short-term at least). :D
Excellent, thanks for the impressions!

I'm curious about the ZS5 but have no desire to buy one after all I've read about it. Haven't listened to my NC50 for a few weeks because I've been busy with review items but am going to take it out for a listen later. If it were still on AE I'd even be tempted to get a spare during the 11.11 sale.

Oct 30, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #4,138 of 31,832
Excellent, thanks for the impressions!

I'm curious about the ZS5 but have no desire to buy one after all I've read about it. Haven't listened to my NC50 for a few weeks because I've been busy with review items but am going to take it out for a listen later. If it were still on AE I'd even be tempted to get a spare during the 11.11 sale.
I'd be interested to hear how you feel they stack up against some of the other sub-$100 favorites being tossed around at the moment. Prior to purchasing, I was particularly torn between the NC50 and the T2.

Oct 30, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #4,139 of 31,832
Really? That is kinda surprise to me. I thought K3Pro is rather near-neutral.

Maybe I can do some mods to improve soundstage and bass response :wink:

I have ~40 different silicone tips for my ears, so, tip-rolling isn`t problem :wink:

Oh, kinda disappointment again, thought that TFZ Ex5 and King are quite near-neutral. After reading some reviews and impressions though, seems they have boosted higher-mids/highs and bass, not something I wish for.

Anyway, thanks for very useful input and I`m seriously considering T2 over K3Pro and King/5, which are almost double price. And the fact I like dynamics and don`t have proper chi-fi dual-dynamic in my IEM bucket, I think I`ll jump on the train with T2.

The Ex5 is a slightly less bright, bassier King imo. It's my favorite of the Exclusive lineup actually. You like the ZS5 v1 so you might enjoy it.

If you go for the T2 I think you'll like it. Another earphone that's similar to the TinAudio T2 is the AK Audio Light T2. Tonally quite similar but with a smoother presentation and imo better bass extension. Soundstage lacks the depth of TinAudio's T2 though and it's not quite a good at picking up micro details. Regardless, they're both really pleasant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back