CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 23, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #21,991 of 31,833
I haven't kept up with IEMs for a while. I own KZ ZS10, Tin Audio T2, iBasso IT01 and a couple UiiSii CM5s and still grab the CM5s everytime. Is there anything else with this sound signature? Is any of their new stuff as hype as this was? I haven't heard much about them lately, kind of in the market for wireless now too.

Agreed; I love the UiiSii CM5!

Dec 23, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #21,992 of 31,833
Does anyone know which BAs are used in the BQEYZ BQ3? TIA.

Dec 23, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #21,993 of 31,833
Does anyone know which BAs are used in the BQEYZ BQ3? TIA.

I have never been able to identify what BAs they use. BQEYZ BAs have a unique copper nozzle that I have not seen anywhere else. They could be custom made just for BQEYZ; I’m not sure.

Dec 23, 2019 at 7:08 PM Post #21,995 of 31,833
I haven't been so impressed with the BQ3 treble since my Dunu DN-2000's

Dec 23, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #21,996 of 31,833
I haven't kept up with IEMs for a while. I own KZ ZS10, Tin Audio T2, iBasso IT01 and a couple UiiSii CM5s and still grab the CM5s everytime. Is there anything else with this sound signature? Is any of their new stuff as hype as this was? I haven't heard much about them lately, kind of in the market for wireless now too.

CM5 is legend status in my book. Super light, and very comfortable. I always used the OEM tips which some people hated. I don't know what tips you use but tip rolling can change them quite a bit. I preferred the stock ones as they sounded the most balanced to me and thus were good at everything.

Anyway, I just got a couple IEMs that remind me of the CM5. Gimmie another day or so to go over notes and listen to them some more. I unfortunately don't have CM5 anymore as I gifted it to my friend so everything is from notes and memory.

No idea about TWS sets as I only have one set(TRN T200). The BT20 from TRN is a great way to make any IEM with removable cables a TWS set. I love mine and use them with KZ ES4. So keep that in mind. They are under $30 and sound pretty good.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #21,997 of 31,833
CM5 is legend status in my book. Super light, and very comfortable. I always used the OEM tips which some people hated. I don't know what tips you use but tip rolling can change them quite a bit. I preferred the stock ones as they sounded the most balanced to me and thus were good at everything.

Anyway, I just got a couple IEMs that remind me of the CM5. Gimmie another day or so to go over notes and listen to them some more. I unfortunately don't have CM5 anymore as I gifted it to my friend so everything is from notes and memory.

No idea about TWS sets as I only have one set(TRN T200). The BT20 from TRN is a great way to make any IEM with removable cables a TWS set. I love mine and use them with KZ ES4. So keep that in mind. They are under $30 and sound pretty good.

One of these days I’m going to convert my CM5 to mmcx.

Although technically the stock cable is perfectly fine, and has the best ear guide I’ve ever owned. I’ll was going to just wait for the stock cable to die before attempting to change to mmcx. Then I’d have nothing to lose if things went horribly wrong.

Best $12 I’ve spent in my life!

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2019 at 8:00 PM Post #21,998 of 31,833

I just discovered the UiiSii brand through the mentions of the CM5. They have quite a big choice of products. I was wondering, are there any competitive alternatives from UiiSii to the safe sub $10 legends such as the KZ ED9 and EDR1?
Very interesting brand, with some interesting products, weird how I haven't come across them before.

Dec 23, 2019 at 8:05 PM Post #21,999 of 31,833
I just discovered the UiiSii brand through the mentions of the CM5. They have quite a big choice of products. I was wondering, are there any competitive alternatives from UiiSii to the safe sub $10 legends such as the KZ ED9 and EDR1?
Very interesting brand, with some interesting products, weird how I haven't come across them before.

UiiSii sucks mostly, although there are a few models that some people liked. The CM5 was definitely Uiisii’s lightning in a bottle though.

I always wanted to try their flagship T9, but they wanted $200 which is too big of a gamble for an UiiSii IMO.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #22,000 of 31,833
UiiSii sucks mostly, although there are a few models that some people liked. The CM5 was definitely Uiisii’s lightning in a bottle though.
Thanks Slat, I'll keep that in mind. I thought that maybe some of their products might follow the positive light of the CM5. Noted.

Dec 23, 2019 at 8:12 PM Post #22,001 of 31,833
Thanks Slat, I'll keep that in mind. I thought that maybe some of their products might follow the positive light of the CM5. Noted.

Well I just checked and the CM5 is still available on Aliexpress for $22. It’s worth every penny, so if you can stretch your budget to $22, it’s worth it.

One thing I always thought was cool was that they offer the CM5 shell in 2 different ear sizes:

81B28283-53E9-4D72-ACAD-EACE6350C0BA.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #22,003 of 31,833
Not to mention the nice big case and the extra tips that come with them. $22 is worth it. My friend tried them and loved them. That's why I ended up gifting them to him.

Good point. It came with more accessories than many earphones 2-3xs the cost.

I always wanted to try the small size, if for no other reason than just to see if the sound was the same as the regular one. Not that the regular one didn’t fit me (it did, and was very comfortable).

There’s a $3 off $20 coupon right now, which would make it $19. Sounds like a good enough reason to me lol

Dec 23, 2019 at 10:09 PM Post #22,004 of 31,833
so TRN BA5 came, after 5 minutes of tip rolling im gonna go with Symbio W with these too for now. they sound very promising, don't know if they'll unseat the Tin T2 long term for me, but they are very promising. they are by far the most sensitive iem (or anything) i own, with nothing playing i can hear hiss from the iBasso DC02 which i can't hear on any of my other iems.

Dec 23, 2019 at 10:31 PM Post #22,005 of 31,833
I just got my HiLisening 1BA+1DD S8 MMCX Magic Beans IEM and with the blue filter it sounds average but a bit better with a wide sound stage. Maybe due to the three holes drilled into the earpiece?

With the silver filter it sounds very musical and pleasant and a bit better than most average iems.

One more sound filter to try. It comes with three.

This iem sucks power. I usually listen on 10-15 but I go up to 20-25-30.

The cable is terrible but it sounds great and the earpieces themselves are too small and too light. But they float inside the ear.

If you're looking for a unique looking iem where the cable is heavier than the ear pieces, which sounds a bit better than your average iem. The sound won't blow you away but you'll think it''s a good buy.

Any questions?

FYI, These are best like this: 1) Appearance 2) Isolation 3) Sound

The Blon 01 sound "better" then the Magic Beans and I paid $30 less for those!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back