CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 5, 2019 at 11:29 PM Post #20,702 of 31,832
I got the MEMT X5 because someone said that they have good noise isolation for the bus. It's average but not great. I think if the double-flanged tips included inside were spongier then it would be much better so I'm still on the lookout. At this point though, I'm thinking that I should just try to get double-flanged tips that will form a better seal rather than going with multiple earphones for the commute none of which isolated great outside of the unbearably uncomfortable KZ ZS4s.

I will say though that the quality of the MEMT X5 from packaging to earbuds is excellent for the $9 price I got them on AE. A shame that the cable picks up microphonics though when it shakes as it does on the bus. Those braided KZ cables at least are great for not having that issue.

Nov 6, 2019 at 4:56 AM Post #20,703 of 31,832
I have just discovered that a metric s***load of alcoholic beverages turns the CCA C12 into the perfect IEM.
That works on all my IEMs lol

Nov 6, 2019 at 4:59 AM Post #20,704 of 31,832
I really like the Tin T2 and it still competes well even today, but it's just a little deficient in bass, especially sub-bass, for my tastes. The BLON BL-03 sounds fairly similar, but with greater bass quantity. I would recommend that one or the TFZ T2 Galaxy.

The T2 is NOT bass deficient, it's just very hard to achieve a working seal due to the shape of the stems and housing. Put large sized Sony hybrids or MH1 tips on it and you will get plenty of bass with good extension.

Nov 6, 2019 at 5:03 AM Post #20,705 of 31,832
Tonymac136 said:
I have just discovered that a metric s***load of alcoholic beverages turns the CCA C12 into the perfect IEM.

That works on all my IEMs lol
But it does not work so well the next morning, neither does paracetamol.....................:confounded:..:thermometer_face:...............:head_bandage::head_bandage::head_bandage:

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2019 at 5:52 AM Post #20,706 of 31,832
Tonymac136 said:

But it does not work so well the next morning, neither does paracetamol.....................:confounded:..:thermometer_face:...............:head_bandage::head_bandage::head_bandage:

No. I have a noisy job and I want it all to stop now.

Nov 6, 2019 at 7:20 AM Post #20,707 of 31,832
The T2 is NOT bass deficient, it's just very hard to achieve a working seal due to the shape of the stems and housing. Put large sized Sony hybrids or MH1 tips on it and you will get plenty of bass with good extension.
I found the same thing with the T3. With Spinfit tips (large, yellow bore) the bass is just as you describe.

Nov 6, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #20,708 of 31,832
I found the same thing with the T3. With Spinfit tips (large, yellow bore) the bass is just as you describe.

Yeah, I'm using the same exact Spinfits with my T2 and I feel like I'm getting a decent seal and overall fit. The bass is fast and textured, but I would like a bit more of it. Somewhere between the BLON BL-03 and TIN T2 in bass quantity would suit my preference. It actually seems like the upcoming T4 fits that description.

Nov 6, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #20,711 of 31,832
Yeah, I'm using the same exact Spinfits with my T2 and I feel like I'm getting a decent seal and overall fit. The bass is fast and textured, but I would like a bit more of it. Somewhere between the BLON BL-03 and TIN T2 in bass quantity would suit my preference. It actually seems like the upcoming T4 fits that description.
I find the T3 to have just the right amount of bass, and I prefer it to the BLON. The TRN V90 could suit you as well.

Nov 6, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #20,712 of 31,832
Just stack coupons collected from aliexpress and sometimes u can get around 10 - 15 dollars off a purchase during sales. I made a small post about the various types of aliexpress coupons u can get here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-discovery-thread.586909/page-2963#post-15278820

Thanks. I tried the app and I only get $2 coupons. I didn't understand the coins. I need to look into it.
From what I saw, a few months ago you could get better deals on regular sales than now with the 11/11 sale and I'm not strictly referring to audio equipment.-

In the context of the BLON and the Tin, the actual amp used isn't so important as that one is used. They both like power. Without, the Tin sounds flat and lifeless and the Blon sounds fat and bloated.

Do you think my Dragonfly Red will be sufficient? The problem that I have is that earphones/headphones are too loud for me. I never go past 10% on my laptop or phone. I can't listen to anything for long periods. I get ringing in my ears from watching a 2 hour movie on 4% volume lol.

Nov 6, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #20,713 of 31,832
Yeah a dragonfly should be more than enough I would imagine. Not tried one, but anything I have tried has been plenty. The Blons are loud enough but the extra power cleans up the sound.

Nov 6, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #20,714 of 31,832
Thanks. I tried the app and I only get $2 coupons. I didn't understand the coins. I need to look into it.
From what I saw, a few months ago you could get better deals on regular sales than now with the 11/11 sale and I'm not strictly referring to audio equipment.-

Do you think my Dragonfly Red will be sufficient? The problem that I have is that earphones/headphones are too loud for me. I never go past 10% on my laptop or phone. I can't listen to anything for long periods. I get ringing in my ears from watching a 2 hour movie on 4% volume lol.

You might want to have a look at science audio reviews, the various dragonflys are not measuring very well in regard to their price, SMSL for instance has better products in terms of price/quality.

The E1DA creator, who knows his stuff, found the Meizu DAC to measure very well if you just need a 20-25€ portable low output dac.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #20,715 of 31,832

The T3 definitely fits the bill but you can also tape mod the T2 for more bass. Use the porous medical tape. To good of a seal on the tape mod will cause lots of driver flex which can be annoying. The T2 without the tape mod was too bad light for me, but I use the T3 with no tape mod just aftermarket tips. Honestly, I use other tips with most any IEM. I have a ton of tips and its tough explaining why you need so many. I think I've looked enough into tips that I can probably design them by now. My ears don't seem to play well with just any tip which makes me learn more but can be a PITA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back