CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 5, 2019 at 2:44 AM Post #20,686 of 31,833
Yep definitely agree with u that the BLON is not the best in separation and soundstage. It excels more at timbre and tonality. IMHO, I think the BLONs are not the best option for synthetic instruments like the genres u are listening to, especially if u require separation for complex and fast instrumentation, the BLON lags a bit in these areas. I find the BLONs better suited for acoustic instruments and slower genres. YMMV.

The guideray will probably suit u better for these genres that u listen to. And as I said, the more good CHIFI options we have for us customers (like the BLONs and guiderays), that can only benefit us, as we have different choices to suit our preferences and music genres.

I do listen to EDM occasionally and I found the **** ($16 USD) to be good for soundstage and instrument separation/clarity/details, though it was not very accurate in timbre for acoustic instruments. Another set I use for EDM is the TFZ No. 3 (though it is ~ 85ish USD during sales), great subbass extension and quantity, and good clarity/details. Though sounstage is average and there is some spike at the 2 - 4 kHz and 8 kHz frequencies. I've read good reviews about the recently released TRN V90, KZ ZSX and CCA C12, those may have better instrument separation and details than the single DD BLON, so worth checking those out.
Almost nothing more to add.. otherwise it depends to source too. On my moded Ibasso, maybe I'd take Blon over GR (I like this vinyl sound of Blons), but on LG is clearly GR over Blon.
Overall im very happy with iems in collection at this moment.
VE BIE are somewhat problematic, they need lot of time to found proper tips.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2019 at 7:57 AM Post #20,687 of 31,833
The cheapest price I see is $55 for 11/11. Can you please tell me how to get even a lower price?

So I decided to buy the Tin T2 and Blon 03 for 11/11. I thought those two are different enough to buy two instead of buying one IEM for double the price.. or?
Anyways, the big 11/11 sale is not as big, obviusly, since the prices have been lower just a few weeks ago.
Also, people are saying to wait for the Tin T4 because it's the next best thing, as always with Chi-Fi, but from what I'm seeing, the price will be around $100 and it's a single DD. I know more drivers don't mean better but the T2 had two DD. Is it really worth to pay for times more for T4?

Think @baskingshark has summed it up nicely for you. Play games, collect coupons and stack them when you check out. Voila!

Nov 5, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #20,689 of 31,833
Are there any good worthwhile sub-50$ IEMS in 2019 to compete with TIN T2 SQ?
P.S. I am back after almost a year so I don't know what's going on in Chinese IEMS market
I really like the Tin T2 and it still competes well even today, but it's just a little deficient in bass, especially sub-bass, for my tastes. The BLON BL-03 sounds fairly similar, but with greater bass quantity. I would recommend that one or the TFZ T2 Galaxy.

Nov 5, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #20,690 of 31,833
after considering all the recommended models i would skip out of this 11.11 sale for buying iems but will get new cables and tips for tin t2, bosshifi b3 and kz zs4 :D

Nov 5, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #20,691 of 31,833
Sure! I'm very much excited about them. I liked **** and have high hopes from the Pro version.

Yeah, me too. I ordered a pair a few days ago and they have shipped. I'm really looking forward to hearing them because I think the **** is still one of the best sounding IEMs under $50. I know its timbre isn't the most natural sounding, but I actually like the quality of its timbre for most of what I listen to. While not as natural as I would prefer it's not an unpleasant timbre to my ears. And in terms of technical capabilities I find it very impressive. Its detail, clarity, airiness, great separation and imaging, responsiveness, and spacious soundstage still outclass most other IEMs I've heard near the price range.

I'm not sure what I expect from the Pro version. I haven't heard anything about their goals for it. I know they've added another BA driver and they will obviously be re-tuning the IEM to some degree. I would hope for a more natural timbre and a shift to a bit more sub-bass over mid-bass, along with any other technical improvements they can manage.

Nov 5, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #20,692 of 31,833
Yeah, me too. I ordered a pair a few days ago and they have shipped. I'm really looking forward to hearing them because I think the **** is still one of the best sounding IEMs under $50. I know its timbre isn't the most natural sounding, but I actually like the quality of its timbre for most of what I listen to. While not as natural as I would prefer it's not an unpleasant timbre to my ears. And in terms of technical capabilities I find it very impressive. Its detail, clarity, airiness, great separation and imaging, responsiveness, and spacious soundstage still outclass most other IEMs I've heard near the price range.

I'm not sure what I expect from the Pro version. I haven't heard anything about their goals for it. I know they've added another BA driver and they will obviously be re-tuning the IEM to some degree. I would hope for a more natural timbre and a shift to a bit more sub-bass over mid-bass, along with any other technical improvements they can manage.

This is what I'm expecting as well. Timbre and mid-bass is something that they should ideally work on. But judging by Chi-Fi trends they might just go for more "details and clarity" over timbre. Irrespective of that I would ideally want it to retain it's musicality.

Nov 5, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #20,694 of 31,833
No it doesn't.
I'm not saying they're twins or anything, just that they have enough similarities to sound roughly similar outside the very different bass profiles. They both use dynamic drivers and share some of the qualities typical of that driver type. They have a similar natural timbre to my ears and good coherence and musicality. Along with good detail and clarity, but not as much detail as some of the better Piezo and BA drivers I've heard. I don't think their frequency response is radically different from the mids and up either.

Anyway, it's just an opinion. Others will inevitably hear it differently.

Nov 5, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #20,695 of 31,833
I have just discovered that a metric s***load of alcoholic beverages turns the CCA C12 into the perfect IEM.

Nov 5, 2019 at 8:32 PM Post #20,698 of 31,833

This is what I'm expecting as well. Timbre and mid-bass is something that they should ideally work on. But judging by Chi-Fi trends they might just go for more "details and clarity" over timbre. Irrespective of that I would ideally want it to retain it's musicality.

I'm very impressed by the ****'s technicalities for the price of $16 USD, great soundstage, subbass, clarity, details and instrument separation, imaging. But I'm pretty doubtful adding an extra BA in the Pro version will change the timbre, as timbre's generally better in DD drivers than BAs. Well, I look forward to both your impressions once u get it!

Nov 5, 2019 at 9:00 PM Post #20,699 of 31,833
I'm very impressed by the ****'s technicalities for the price of $16 USD, great soundstage, subbass, clarity, details and instrument separation, imaging. But I'm pretty doubtful adding an extra BA in the Pro version will change the timbre, as timbre's generally better in DD drivers than BAs. Well, I look forward to both your impressions once u get it!
Yeah, I don't think adding the BA will necessarily do anything for the timbre, but they did have the opportunity to tweek the tuning with this new version and hopefully they have managed to improve the naturalness of the timbre. I know that dynamic drivers tend to do better in this regard, but I own the Spring 1 and it has the same driver setup as the **** and it sounds quite natural to my ears. It's not a deal breaker for me either way, but any improvement in timbre would be appreciated.

Nov 5, 2019 at 9:23 PM Post #20,700 of 31,833

Will wait for your impressions about **** pro, I just care about the timbre, if they managed to bring natural timbre on the Pro series, and reduce mid bass bleed they will be a killer and nice competitor to BL-03. From what I read seems like your impressions about old **** similar with what Im hearing, and we hope for the same improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back