CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 1, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #20,581 of 31,833
Any recommendations for dirt cheap Chi-fi IEMs which are OK for wearing while sleeping? I.e., which fit snugly in the ear and don't project too far, so I could sleep on my side without them digging into my ears. Sound quality isn't actually that important, as I would be mainly playing sleep aid sounds (streams, ocean waves, white noise, etc). Not wanting these for regular use, but just for bad nights in noisy places.

Well, I was able to sleep wearing my Blon BL-03s last night, so I probably needn't have ordered any others.

Nov 1, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #20,582 of 31,833
I just receive the BLON BL-03
Very good first impression ! Great clean and deep bass. Warm mid and slightly dark treble. They have good attack, good speed and large scene. They seem relatively balanced. It remember me the **** ny-06 more balanced. They are not aggressive

The bad point is the tips which are very bad and don't stay in my ears

https://twitter.com/Chifi_Fr/status/1152650833412218880?s=19
20191031_151402.jpg
20191031_151402.jpg
semi permanent mod.i don't like the look of non qdc style connection

Nov 1, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #20,584 of 31,833
I just receive the BLON BL-03
Very good first impression ! Great clean and deep bass. Warm mid and slightly dark treble. They have good attack, good speed and large scene. They seem relatively balanced. It remember me the **** ny-06 more balanced. They are not aggressive

The bad point is the tips which are very bad and don't stay in my ears

https://twitter.com/Chifi_Fr/status/1152650833412218880?s=19

Just what I'd say in my Bl-03 review! In my hall of fame 1. Spring 1 2. Blon Bl03

Nov 1, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #20,585 of 31,833
Nov 1, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #20,586 of 31,833
Just leaving it out here, nothing accurate, but gives some idea about differences:
9941727_l.jpg

Personal preference: KPE (with mods, basically same bass as modded BIE on graph) > VE BIE (modded) >= BLON BL-03 > Sony MH-755 > VE BIE stock (bad QC or different batches).

Nov 1, 2019 at 5:33 PM Post #20,587 of 31,833
So right now I own Alpha delta D6, TRN V90, QT5, and a couple cheap KZs. Im using my LG G6 for a source. In my Allie cart I have the Hisenior N3, Senfor **** pro, BLON BL-03, a few NICEHCK 8 Core cables, and 2 DAPs the ZIKU HD-X9, and the QNGEE X2.

I'm looking for good best sound for the buck, and really want to have a dedicated DAP, and stop using my phone. Anybody have any thoughts or advice. I only want to buy one dap.

I know there is a lot of overlap of members on this thread and the Obscure Chinese DAPs thread.

Nov 1, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #20,588 of 31,833
Just leaving it out here, nothing accurate, but gives some idea about differences:

Personal preference: KPE (with mods, basically same bass as modded BIE on graph) > VE BIE (modded) >= BLON BL-03 > Sony MH-755 > VE BIE stock (bad QC or different batches).

Could you please remind us what the mod is to the VE Bonus IE to produce that curve?

Nov 1, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #20,589 of 31,833
Could you please remind us what the mod is to the VE Bonus IE to produce that curve?
Uh-Oh! :D

I have to probably create guide how to do it. It is repeatable but for fine tuning& channel matching you probably need somekind of measurement rig (any will do fine).
Basically it is like that:

* foam inside nozzle tunes 2-6kHz area and will smooth it out and removes 5kHz peak. Just use "fluffy" foam not thick and very porous - more you put it inside nozzle, more it tames that area. Make sure to re-install stock grills.

* driver back venting/pressure-chamber "membrane" tunes 20Hz-1kHz area. This one is HIGHLY reactive to every slight change in venting hole micro-hole size and material used.
I used Tesa double-sided thin tape for "carpets" (usually found in building-shops in EU), taped it onto regular thin A4 printer paper, cut narrow stripe from it and poke hole in it with VERY thin jewellery needle, then taped it over driver back venting hole (before removed stock fabric). Getting tuning similar to my graph is easier part, channel matching takes some time and trial-error.

Nov 1, 2019 at 6:34 PM Post #20,590 of 31,833
Uh-Oh! :D

I have to probably create guide how to do it. It is repeatable but for fine tuning& channel matching you probably need somekind of measurement rig (any will do fine).
Basically it is like that:

* foam inside nozzle tunes 2-6kHz area and will smooth it out and removes 5kHz peak. Just use "fluffy" foam not thick and very porous - more you put it inside nozzle, more it tames that area. Make sure to re-install stock grills.

* driver back venting/pressure-chamber "membrane" tunes 20Hz-1kHz area. This one is HIGHLY reactive to every slight change in venting hole micro-hole size and material used.
I used Tesa double-sided thin tape for "carpets" (usually found in building-shops in EU), taped it onto regular thin A4 printer paper, cut narrow stripe from it and poke hole in it with VERY thin jewellery needle, then taped it over driver back venting hole (before removed stock fabric). Getting tuning similar to my graph is easier part, channel matching takes some time and trial-error.

All that sounds WAY above my pay grade and skill set!

Then again, a year ago I didn't solder... and a bunch of MH755s later, here we are.

Nov 1, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #20,591 of 31,833
All that sounds WAY above my pay grade and skill set!
Then again, a year ago I didn't solder... and a bunch of MH755s later, here we are.
Yeah... here we go again... :D
9941729_l.jpg

Nov 1, 2019 at 8:20 PM Post #20,592 of 31,833
So right now I own Alpha delta D6, TRN V90, QT5, and a couple cheap KZs. Im using my LG G6 for a source. In my Allie cart I have the Hisenior N3, Senfor **** pro, BLON BL-03, a few NICEHCK 8 Core cables, and 2 DAPs the ZIKU HD-X9, and the QNGEE X2.

I'm looking for good best sound for the buck, and really want to have a dedicated DAP, and stop using my phone. Anybody have any thoughts or advice. I only want to buy one dap.

I know there is a lot of overlap of members on this thread and the Obscure Chinese DAPs thread.

I think it's best to ask at the Obscure Chinese DAP thread as I've seen them discussing these 2 DAPs there quite a bit, but I do own the Ziku HD X9, and it is pretty no frills for the UI. Accepts micro SD card, has shuffle, folder options, some set EQ options. Built like a tank and insane 20 hour battery life. It doesn't colour the sound signature much maybe except for a very slight increase in treble frequencies and a subbass roll off. IMHO, it is best paired with IEMs that are subbass heavy in view of this. There's a slight hiss with very high sensitivity IEMs on it, but it is not noticable when music starts playing. My personal opinion is that it does improve the sound quality a bit in terms of details, dynamics and soundstage compared to when I use my lousy android smartphone. Since u already have the LG G6, I'm not sure if this DAP will improve the sound quality, maybe the others can advise.

There's better DAP chips out there, but I got it primarily for the battery life. There's even a successor version of it called the HD-X10 for a few quid more, has more features and op amp I think.

Don't have the QNGEE X2 though.

Anyway, anyone tried this recently released single DD IEM from Auglamour, the Auglamour T100? Retails about $27 - 30 USD during 11/11.

download.jpg

download (1).jpg

LOL ever since the success of the BLON BL-03, everyone is trying to dig the ground to find the next gold mine for cheap and good miracle CHIFI sets.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2019 at 11:19 PM Post #20,594 of 31,833
I will ask over at obscure DAPS, but I'm also wondering if these IEMs are good choices or I should look at something else.

Nobody has any reviews on the **** Pro and Hisenior N3, but I'm getting the latter on 11/11 as it is a basshead set and is sub $20.
Will skip the former as I'm not a fan of the artificial timbre/tonality of the original ****. Though if u like open soundstage and good details, instrument separation and good subbass, the original **** is a very good set for these aspects. I'm not sure if they tuned the **** Pro to be very different from the original though, but they added one extra BA driver compared to the original.

The BLON BL-03s as u know are the latest single DD hypetrain here in CHIFI, so I'm sure you've read a lot here and on reviews about its strengths and weaknesses. But do get some after market tips for it as most folks have a poor fit with the stock tips. Cables are +/- whether u will have issues with them.

Nov 2, 2019 at 12:24 AM Post #20,595 of 31,833
Nobody has any reviews on the **** Pro and Hisenior N3, but I'm getting the latter on 11/11 as it is a basshead set and is sub $20.
Will skip the former as I'm not a fan of the artificial timbre/tonality of the original ****. Though if u like open soundstage and good details, instrument separation and good subbass, the original **** is a very good set for these aspects. I'm not sure if they tuned the **** Pro to be very different from the original though, but they added one extra BA driver compared to the original.

The BLON BL-03s as u know are the latest single DD hypetrain here in CHIFI, so I'm sure you've read a lot here and on reviews about its strengths and weaknesses. But do get some after market tips for it as most folks have a poor fit with the stock tips. Cables are +/- whether u will have issues with them.

Is there a link for the HS N3? On AE I couldn’t find that model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back