CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 11, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #19,711 of 31,833
Forget to say it, but I review AUDIOSENSE T180 and BLON BL-03 on headfi and my NO BS BLOG

Personally, I adore the T180, but they are very neutral and quite light in lower bass, but level of clarity, timbre and imaging is great. No harsh peak once you have the version with damper filter. I cannot say it sound better than 300$ Final Audio B2, but perhaps of the 140$ Final Audio F3100. To me its sure the more maturely tuned single BA under 100$, but its capricious about source....some make distortion other their none whatever volume I put. Very mysterious. Anyway, this type of serious sounding iem isnt as accessible as more bassy or warmer or less intimate iem, like ZS10PRO.

As well I receive numerous other chi-fi iem, like the GREAT BQEYZ KB100, the Okay Moondrop Spaceship....and a second defective pair of KBear F1 (im done with them).

I ordered my T180 on 17-JUN-19, directly from the AudioSense Official Store on AliExpress.
How do I tell whether I've got the version with the damper filter?

Sep 11, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #19,712 of 31,833
I ordered my T180 on 17-JUN-19, directly from the AudioSense Official Store on AliExpress.

the upgraded one is called T180 Pro and the upgrade cable and the white / grey material in the nozzle are included in the box by default

thus the price was increased to 41 USD

Sep 11, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #19,713 of 31,833
Since I already have a T2 Galaxy, ZS10 Pro (soon), and CNT-1 (soon), it sounds like I might be able to skip the DMG, if it has a similar sound signature to those.

The KXXS sounds like where it is at, according to the last few pages on this thread.

Does anyone know how the KXXS compares to the VSONIC GR08? I have the Ares (apparently a GR08), which is also warm and 'smooth' and intimate, so I don't know if the KXXS represents a substantial advance.

Sep 11, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #19,714 of 31,833
the upgraded one is called T180 Pro and the upgrade cable and the white / grey material in the nozzle are included in the box by default

thus the price was increased to 41 USD

Do the Pro earphones come with the white / grey material in the nozzle, or is it user installable?

Sep 11, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #19,715 of 31,833
Since I already have a T2 Galaxy, ZS10 Pro (soon), and CNT-1 (soon), it sounds like I might be able to skip the DMG, if it has a similar sound signature to those.

The KXXS sounds like where it is at, according to the last few pages on this thread.

Does anyone know how the KXXS compares to the VSONIC GR08? I have the Ares (apparently a GR08), which is also warm and 'smooth' and intimate, so I don't know if the KXXS represents a substantial advance.

Try Vsonic's vs7 if you want give an IEM from them a shot. They're fabulous and are retailing at ~$110

Sep 11, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #19,716 of 31,833
you should see it in nozzle. at the buttom of it. like in this official pic:
H6f9f01a9c8c749a6be35ce4cfe6c9feba.jpg

How would you compare the T180 and BL-03 to the Final Audio E2000?
I do a comparaison of T180-E2000 in my review. T180 is more punchy in mid bass and have higher level of clarity and details in mid range, soundstage is more intimate. E2000 is warmer, have more lower end (than mid bass) and thicker timbre.
BL-03 have bigger more around your head soundstage than E2000, its more U shape and bassy, little more punchy, timbre is less textured but highs have more sparkle.

Sep 11, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #19,717 of 31,833
Do the Pro earphones come with the white / grey material in the nozzle, or is it user installable?

it's pre-installed in the nozzle

I've taken a more closer look and it doesn't look like mesh or sponge material - it *does* look like silvery ring that got fit into the inside of the nozzle fitting closely to the inner circumference of the nozzle

that ring looks hollow without filtering material inside or I can't really make it out

>or is it user installable

for that to tell (referring to removing and switching with a different one), I'm too little experienced - I guess it would be difficult to remove in a "normal" way (toothpick, paper clip, etc.), with specific tools it might be possible though

you should see it in nozzle. at the buttom of it. like in this official pic: [snip]
exactly, that "damping" thing is what I'm seeing inserted into the nozzle

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #19,718 of 31,833
The T180 that I've got is the original ($31) model, and I think they sound good.
Who has heard both the original and the Pro ($41) versions - and can describe the obvious differences in the sound?
Do you think it's worth $5 more per earphone?

Sep 11, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #19,719 of 31,833
The T180 that I've got is the original ($31) model, and I think they sound good.
Who has heard both the original and the Pro ($41) versions - and can describe the obvious differences in the sound?
Do you think it's worth $5 more per earphone?

Well, you can turn your normal one into a Pro for roughly $3

Sep 11, 2019 at 10:00 PM Post #19,722 of 31,833
Received the Moondrop Spaceship a couple days ago, and having listened to them for a while I think it's time to share some first impressions. I already own the Moondrop Crescent, and I absolutely adore them. I was sad that Moondrop discontinued them, so let's see if the Spaceship is an able replacement.

IMG_2992.JPG

Packaging and Contents
The box itself is very cheap, and I accidentally cut it with my box-cutter. Either way, it's a far cry from the nice one that you get with the Moondrop Crescent.

Accessories

The accessories are also very sparse: 3 pairs of silicone tips and a carrying pouch (the same one as Crescent). However, unlike the crappy eartips of the Crescent, Spaceship has really good ones. They are soft and seals well. Big improvement.

Build and Comfort

Now, comfort is another area where Spaceship has improved over the Crescent. They are much smaller compared to the Crescent, and quite a bit lighter as well. However, in terms of actual build quality - Crescent has the upper hand. The cable is slightly thicker, and the strain reliefs are more substantial on the Crescent. I also prefer how dense Crescent housings feel in hand (though that leads to its heaviness). Fortunately Moondrop didn't change the housing material and it's still a chrome-plated brass housing.

IMG_2983.JPG

Sound

I've only had the Spaceship for about 2 days, so I can definitely not give any sort of final verdict. However, I can confidently say that these sound great for the price, and a lot more balanced than any KZ/CCA stuff in this range.
The bass on these are the weakest point so far. Sub-bass response is very muted and lacks authority. Mid-bass kick is there to a degree but more often than not it is lacking in comparison with the Crescent.
Midrange and treble is where the Spaceship shines, just like the Crescent used to do. Male vocals sound a bit less emphasized for my tastes (I am spoiled by the Final E5000 and the HD650 on that regard) but female vocals sound gorgeous. Plenty of air and the instruments are rendered with a natural tonality. Treble is not overdone at all and it won't sound bad even on poorly mastered tracks. Cymbals sound good for the most part, though they have a tendency to smear in fast drum-passages. This is something I will focus more on in the final review.
As usual, Moondrop knows how to do Soundstage well, and these have a really wide soundstage considering how small the housings are. Fantastic work there by Moondrop. Imaging is something I haven't tested thoroughly yet so I'll get back to that in the full review.

Miscellaneous

A few other things that stand out:
  1. These dynamic micro-drivers need power to shine. They are not as inefficient as the Crescent, but even then they demand turning the volume up on most phones.
  2. Moondrop loves to hide the R/L markings, and instead they put something tactile. On the Crescent it was the ridge in the earphone strain relief. On the Spaceship, there's a small bump on the left strain relief. It's great for finding these out in the dark, but upon first use it can take a minute to figure things out.
  3. Moondrop really needs to do some more marketing. The Crescent was such a good IEM but flew under the radar. Disappointing and sad.
Either way, I like them so far, and I hope to share more information in the final review.

IMG_2997.JPG

Sep 12, 2019 at 8:28 AM Post #19,724 of 31,833
Sep 12, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #19,725 of 31,833
Can you elucidate?

Sure.

All Audiosense does to turn the regular T180 into the T180 Pro is to install a pair of Knowles dampers into the nozzle.

The Knowles dampers push right into place, and you don’t have to remove anything (such as nozzle mesh), nor do you have to open the shells.

A pair of the dampers cost $3, and there are many dampers to choose from, depending on how much you want to dampen the treble. The higher the damper resistance, the more the treble is reduced.

Here are the different dampers available:

6FF60707-EABB-4E6C-BA93-8CE37BC473C0.jpeg

And here is 2 examples of each color damper’s effect:

F90569D7-321B-43A9-9575-87B33684DFE4.png
8F7B7DD9-0499-44C0-8AD3-0D89E27D5A81.jpeg

When you install the dampers, you must make sure to install them facing the proper direction. They go go upside down, so that the top of the damper is pointing towards the driver and the bottom of the damper is pointed towards the IEM nozzle outlet.

3E5EA6B2-1E1C-4512-AF8A-9E73CD8C6BF1.jpeg

Finally, it is recommended that you either buy Knowles damper tool or make your own tool. The Knowles damper tool helps to safely install and remove the dampers without damaging them.

The tool runs about $4-$5 to buy, and free to make. I’m a cheapass (and also a handy guy), so I made my own tool. However, the pre-made tool is recommended for most people.

You can also use a M1.7 tap if you happen to have one of those. It’s an oddball size of tap, so I doubt most people would just have one laying around. At least 1 company actually sells a M1.7 tap AS a Knowles damper tool lol

Here’s how I made my own tool:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/aud...pressions-thread.909718/page-78#post-15114229

163FD952-047A-44DC-9176-F7F55C9AA5B3.jpeg

And here’s the pre-made tool:

2077B5AA-FBF5-411B-8BDD-4444DF037978.jpeg

I hope that is enough elucidation. If you have any additional questions, lemme know.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back