1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

BEST Sub-100$ BUDGET EARPHONES - Chi-fi, Obscure brands and impressions sharing-REFERENCE LIST

1. NymPHONOmaniac
    Okay.
    Will order them ASAP.
    If it sound like a T2 with less grainy but still foward and full sounding vocal I would be in heaven!
    Thanks for making me now obsess about KB100.
    Hope the new BQEYZ Spring1 will have W mid centric sound!

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  2. Dani157
    Haven't heard T2 but from our little chat a couple of months back, I am sure you won't be disappointed. Imaging is good and vocals are to die for at that price. Spring 1 has got me pumped considering they find DT6 trash. I absolutely love DT6 and thought budget piezo can't get farther than that.

Also make sure you use them with a good cable. Stock cable is great but sadly I couldn't have a great fit them

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  3. baskingshark
    How is the bass on the KB100?

4. DynamicEars
    all your requests are there, forward mids with full sounding vocal nowhere near thin. My only cons about KB100 that bugging me is mid bass bigger than sub bass aka sub bass rolled off and a bit mid bass bleed (like typical budget chifi)

Bass section unfortunately are KB100 weak point for me, more mid bass rather than sub bass, and sub bass extension can be better, a bit mid bass bleed like other budget chifi, a bit better control but they can be better

NymPHONOmaniac and baskingshark like this.
  5. mbwilson111
    How much of that is dependent on an individuals ears and ear tip choice (and source)? I don't hear it like that. Perfectly satisfied with the bass.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  6. dharmasteve
    Me too. Bass to me on KB100 is very good. Mids are good. Highs are not perhaps it's forte. Very well made. Nitin Sawhney's 'Anthem without Nation' will show rumble and bass levels of an IEM.

HungryPanda and DynamicEars like this.
  7. mbwilson111
    ...as far as highs are concerned, I don't care that much about highs and I don't hear above 13 or 14k anyway. It all sounds good to me.

Like you, I do love a well produced album:)

8. DynamicEars
    Yes its more preferences maybe thats why I wrote "for me", because I prefer sub bass bigger than mid bass, and just nice mid bass so they wont bleed. In case of KB100, if they switch amount between sub bass and mid bass, they will be very good to my preferences. Or easier to imagine, Put ZS10 PRO bass section into KB100 but leave everything goodness in KB100. That's it!

9. mbwilson111
    But that is not what I was saying. I hear a very good amount of sub bass and I do not have the mid bass bleeding into the mids. So it is not preference but rather what I actually hear with my ears. Who would want mid bass bleed? Who would not want sub bass if the song actually has it.

DynamicEars and archdawg like this.
  10. NymPHONOmaniac
    I just can't imagine somebody judging overly severly the DT6, like if he spent 2K on it, craving for little out of phase far away back stage instrument, slight treble shout when extreme highs sound play loud, or hint of dryness there and there.
    Man, i can find that on 50-100-150-200-300-500-1000 and f***ing 2K iem too!

Its like somebody going to 20$ okay restaurant, like an italian one, and wonder why he dont have a 5 plates service.

DT6 is still the best budget earphones buy anybody can make for WOW effect, for spectacular audio experience that have a cinematic soundstage that no other iem I try never achieve whatever price range.

WORD.

11. PhonoPhi
    Exactly!
    What they did for under $20 is deserving a great praise!

12. coflaes
    Dt6 is an audio miracle. Just dont use them with default eartips.

13. Bartig
    I got the same effect out of the BCD-HIFI or Hifi-BCD (sorry, I forgot the name). Although the bass has a slight distortion in the most crowded pieces, the tonality feels a bit more realistic than on the DT6. I know however, that I got very lucky, as there seem to be many BCD-Hifi duds.

By the way: do more of you have the Tiandirenhe 'red and green' for about 20 dollar? I wonder how you guys think it compares to the excellent DT6.

LaughMoreDaily and Zerohour88 like this.
  14. Adide
    Or default cable. Terrible. Cavernous vocals and off timbre (that people often complain about but it's really just a cable fault). Must be some impedance play by the remote or something.

Just change the cable to whatever you find lying around and it must be better.
    I use them with whirlwinds (wide bore) and a SPC cable only indoors due to semiopen design and they deliver.

I consider myself semi-basshead and these don't lack bass even with wide bores if fitted properly. Surely not basshead levels but good enough.

15. TechnoidFR
    Slater and baskingshark like this.