CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 29, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #17,611 of 31,833
Tried the IT01 cable on my **** because I needed to plug it on an amp. Can't say I notice a better sound...It seemed a bit different but did not analyze it properly, to be fair..
I did so to facilitate using the 2ndary PC that has an amp and I needed a cable without mic to make the 6.5mm adapter work. :p

I then went on aliexpress to search for nice mmcx cables with or without mic and found that all the nice ones did not have mics! I don't like the knot-prone stock cable even though its mic and remote is very convenient....Can anyone refer me to a nice mmcx cable with mic? Thanks.

Apr 29, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #17,612 of 31,833
Tried the IT01 cable on my **** because I needed to plug it on an amp. Can't say I notice a better sound...It seemed a bit different but did not analyze it properly, to be fair..
I did so to facilitate using the 2ndary PC that has an amp and I needed a cable without mic to make the 6.5mm adapter work. :p

I then went on aliexpress to search for nice mmcx cables with or without mic and found that all the nice ones did not have mics! I don't like the knot-prone stock cable even though its mic and remote is very convenient....Can anyone refer me to a nice mmcx cable with mic? Thanks.

€ 18,12 25%OFF | BGVP DX3 2.5mm/ 3.5mm OCC 8 Strands Mixed Braided Headphone Cable MMCX 3 Frequency HIFI Earpone Cable with Mic/ no Mic https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/QKx1icY

€ 17,87 26%OFF | BGVP DIY 5N OCC BGVP DM5 Silver Plated Earphone Cable SE535 846 High Frequency Upgraded 8 Strand MMCX Cable with Mic https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/b4f6sCGs

These two are the best ones I've tried. Both of them are quite decent for the money.

Apr 29, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #17,613 of 31,833
€ 18,12 25%OFF | BGVP DX3 2.5mm/ 3.5mm OCC 8 Strands Mixed Braided Headphone Cable MMCX 3 Frequency HIFI Earpone Cable with Mic/ no Mic https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/QKx1icY

€ 17,87 26%OFF | BGVP DIY 5N OCC BGVP DM5 Silver Plated Earphone Cable SE535 846 High Frequency Upgraded 8 Strand MMCX Cable with Mic https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/b4f6sCGs

These two are the best ones I've tried. Both of them are quite decent for the money.

Thanks friend. I see people ask for mmcx with mic all the time. I’ll refer them to your info next time :)

2 quick questions. Does the mic have volume controls or just single button? And if they have volume controls, do they work with iPhone, Android, or both?

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #17,614 of 31,833
Thanks friend. I see people ask for mmcx with mic all the time. I’ll refer them to your info next time :)

2 quick questions. Does the mic have volume controls or just single button? And if they have volume controls, do they work with iPhone, Android, or both?

Just single button. I'm afraid, android user here (but I think single button should work with iOS too).
BTW DX3 has fuller sound and DM5 more analytical.

Apr 29, 2019 at 7:23 PM Post #17,615 of 31,833
Apr 29, 2019 at 7:27 PM Post #17,616 of 31,833
HTB1CXZ3lnZmx1VjSZFGq6yx2XXau.jpg

Hum....look like im curious again about TRN. 6BA'S with independant tubes and 3 crossovers...look like serious crap.

HTB1HuBrSSzqK1RjSZFHq6z3CpXaG.jpg

Don't know if the graph is legit, but its previsible that the bass will be little roll off with BA's....it look like the goal is to sound NEUTRAL. (for a change!)

HTB15nlsSQvoK1RjSZFDq6xY3pXaX.jpg

Apr 29, 2019 at 7:48 PM Post #17,617 of 31,833
Just got home to find my **** waiting for me. came with a extra baggie of tips too. :)

stock tips are just terrible. cant even get them in. playing with tips. they seem good for classical. not what I would call comfortable to wear though. metal body digs into my ears.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #17,619 of 31,833
I have ordered a couple of the 8 and 16 wire cables. does anyone make a longer cable for desktop use? maybe 5-6' ?

Extension cable FTW :wink:

Apr 30, 2019 at 5:21 AM Post #17,621 of 31,833
HTB1CXZ3lnZmx1VjSZFGq6yx2XXau.jpg

Hum....look like im curious again about TRN. 6BA'S with independant tubes and 3 crossovers...look like serious ****.

HTB1HuBrSSzqK1RjSZFHq6z3CpXaG.jpg

Don't know if the graph is legit, but its previsible that the bass will be little roll off with BA's....it look like the goal is to sound NEUTRAL. (for a change!)

HTB15nlsSQvoK1RjSZFDq6xY3pXaX.jpg

Yup, the graph is legit. Reference tuning is what TRN aims for the X6 (similar to Etymotic ER4SR).

I have the beta unit which is slightly brighter-sounding. The production unit won't sound bright or harsh. But do bear in mind its impedance is 58 ohms, so you will need some juice to drive the X6.

It sounds best with balance output and amp'ed. Price-wise, RRP is US$99.

I am usually not on Head-Fi. If anybody wish o contact me may head over to AudioBudget Facebook page or my YouTube channel.

As you know, I also tune for a "banned Chi-Fi company", therefore I rather stay away from any conflict between Head-Fi and the banned company. I will only dropby here once in a while to check out.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2019 at 6:36 AM Post #17,622 of 31,833
Yup, the graph is legit. Reference tuning is what TRN aims for the X6 (similar to Etymotic ER4SR).

I have the beta unit which is slightly brighter-sounding. The production unit won't sound bright or harsh. But do bear in mind its impedance is 58 ohms, so you will need some juice to drive the X6.

It sounds best with balance output and amp'ed. Price-wise, RRP is US$99.

I am usually not on Head-Fi. If anybody wish o contact me may head over to AudioBudget Facebook page or my YouTube channel.

As you know, I also tune for a "banned Chi-Fi company", therefore I rather stay away from any conflict between Head-Fi and the banned company. I will only dropby here once in a while to check out.

Considering the graph says it is for illustration only and not representative of the true frequency response of the product, I somewhat question how legitimate it is. Still looks cool regardless.

Apr 30, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #17,625 of 31,833
I have just dug out a silver plated MMCX cable and fitted it to my ****. With this combination: Hifi Walker H2>Fiio A5>Spiral Dots. Try this for sub-bass:

And this for soundstage:

Remember the **** is around $25. Astonishing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back