CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 22, 2019 at 6:58 PM Post #17,011 of 31,833
they are detail freaks agree, but surprisingly not harsh, that is because the piezo driver is concentrated in the upper treble for fine details and air, super fast too, after the crin post a lot of people are counting them out, big mistake, but i don't care anymore, i got them and i am happy
the price of 20$ is a joke for what you are getting

I have no idea what happened with the people who don't like them, something somewhere in the chain must have been wrong. They are an absolute bargain.

Reading more intensely positive impressions about ****, looking at my ****....getting worried to have just only one pair....begin to scratch myself nervously and wonder: Should I order some extra pairs ASAP??
you should be worried, i got two pairs and i am worried, who knows if something like that will ever come out in the future

I was already thinking the same thing, what if a hair got into mine and messed up the sound, that would be so disappointing. These really are quite unique sounding.

Mar 22, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #17,013 of 31,833
****!
giphy.webp

But...if 99 out of 100 people love them, it mean, near everybody will buy them and they will be....one day OUT OF STOCK!!

200w.webp

And in some days there (another) aliexpress sale....they will be 20 freakin $.

Just listen to special album Bach ''Art of fugue'' with crazy instruments contrapunctus...organ, flute, cello, violin, harpsichord....it wasn't messy sounding at all.

Mar 22, 2019 at 10:41 PM Post #17,014 of 31,833
I only have the Tennmak Crazy Cello and although I quite used it a lot at the time I think that that the competition offers better IEM's nowadays. I haven't heard the Aria but I'm pretty sure it will be a better buy based on the reviews I've read. Not that the Cello is bad, it's just that I don't think they are special enough to warrant the asking price. It's rather vanilla to me.
Thanks. The aria's more expensive than cello. But I totally doubt these 2 brands. Dulcimer was too normal below average for me, meanwhile Moondrop A8 is overrated with its price and sound signature. But howevere, I'll try the Aria. Thanks.

Mar 23, 2019 at 6:57 AM Post #17,015 of 31,833
Yesterday finally bit the hook and ordered **** too. Let's see what can offer these new "piezo" drivers. 19€ is cheap enough to give them a nice try :ksc75smile:

Mar 23, 2019 at 7:13 AM Post #17,016 of 31,833
Reading more intensely positive impressions about ****, looking at my ****....getting worried to have just only one pair....begin to scratch myself nervously and wonder: Should I order some extra pairs ASAP??
Same here and only one way to stop that itch; I just ordered a second pair 5 mins ago.
(About 10 years ago I spent more than 12 times as much for each pair of my Shure E4 and while I still like them quite a bit almost any of my cheap chinese IEMs beats them clearly in more than one department. The rest of the story is good old conditioning from many years of daily use.)

Mar 23, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #17,018 of 31,833
I was searching this thread for best gym/running options and saw the KZ EDR1 mentioned a few times. Anything else i should consider?

The EDR1 is great for the gym. They can be worn ‘up’ or ‘down’ (up providing more stability). There’s many many other options as well, depending on what you are looking for (budget, sound profile, size of your ears, etc).

Have you thought about total wireless earphones? The freedom of no wires at all is amazing. And despite them only lasting 2-7 hours before they need charging, that’s more than long enough for even a Mr. Universe training session.

If you want to check out some good wireless options, this is a good place to start:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/going-fully-wireless-iems-too-soon-or-are-we-there-yet.861024/

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #17,019 of 31,833
**** is like wine. It gets better with time. Music feels so realistic. I've binned all my IEMs and over-ears because nothing beats the **** experience. Contemplating another purchase during anniversary sale. Saw prices as low as $18. Must buy for everyone who prefer fantastic sounding earphones.

Mar 23, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #17,020 of 31,833
I start thinking mine can't be right then... male vocals are so 'held in', so artificially topped. The tonality just doesn't sound good.

Mar 23, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #17,021 of 31,833
I start thinking mine can't be right then... male vocals are so 'held in', so artificially topped. The tonality just doesn't sound good.

At times it is also because of lack of power from the source. But I do think you might have received a faulty pair.

Mar 23, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #17,022 of 31,833

Have you checked that they are in phase? Being out of phase can make things sound really "off."

Mar 23, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #17,023 of 31,833
I’m still waiting on my DT6s to arrive, I got part of my order today, some cable management strips, leather with snap closures a bargain at $ .87 each but the
wait for these and the DT6s is almost 2 months..... do any of you folks request faster service? Will AliExpress sellers do that? Upcharge amount?

Mar 23, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #17,024 of 31,833
I’m still waiting on my DT6s to arrive, I got part of my order today, some cable management strips, leather with snap closures a bargain at $ .87 each but the
wait for these and the DT6s is almost 2 months..... do any of you folks request faster service? Will AliExpress sellers do that? Upcharge amount?

All depends on where you live. For the Netherlands for example it takes about 2 weeks if i use Aliexpress shipping. Fastest order ever was around 6-8 days after shipping. Ofcourse it also depends on how fast the seller ships the stuff out. Using China Post for example will take 4-6 weeks. Not all shipping options are available. It depends on seller and the country you live in.

I ordered the **** 2 weeks ago. Waited a week and it still wasn’t shipped so i contacted the seller and he said it was out of stock and the wait was another 8-10 days. So i cancelled the order and asked another seller if there was any stock and i got a yes as reply. In less than 24 hours he shipped it. It’s on it’s way and i will probably receive it next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back